Shop At Home to close, putting 480 ou...

Shop At Home to close, putting 480 out of work in Nashville

There are 100 comments on the The Tennessean story from May 16, 2006, titled Shop At Home to close, putting 480 out of work in Nashville. In it, The Tennessean reports that:

The long struggling Shop At Home Network, the television broadcast filmed in Nashville, is going dark.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Tennessean.

Lynn

Fairborn, OH

#65 Mar 10, 2008
Amen, I found it hard to believe they could stay in business with the foolishly high prices , but you know what they say a sucker is born everyday, and by reading these post I would have to say a sucker is born every second. I can't believe they are not in jail for the BS they said on TV I guess the people that bought from them have never been to a coin store , and definitely don't own a computers.
Lynn

Fairborn, OH

#66 Mar 10, 2008
Robert Boisselle wrote:
This sucks where else am I going to go for coins in N.Y. Ther are just too many Jewelry shows on as is .
It would be wise for you to buy a computer, and purchase on line for gold go to Gainsville Coins if you want to watch on TV look for Coin Country you can also watch them live on the web. Their prices are lower the the coin vault, but most items can be purchased else where much lower. don't buy gold on TV!!
Lynn

Fairborn, OH

#67 Mar 10, 2008
Jack the Lad wrote:
The Coin Show is off the air in the San Francisco Bay area and I wondered what happened to it. It was a good source of comedy relief. Maybe Robert Chambers went back to selling used cars? Does anyone know?
Nice lol he probably has a nice 1984 excort with just a little rust , and 200K miles for $10,000 a real collectors item for sure!
Howard Rifkin

San Antonio, TX

#68 Mar 11, 2008
Robert Chambers is now on the NBC coin shop He is doing his oversell there. Watch out.
elf

Federal Way, WA

#69 Mar 11, 2008
Ah yes. Robert Chambers is still on TV. I can breathe a sigh of relief. He has the best sit-down comedy routine I've ever seen.
Jerry in Houston

Pittsburgh, PA

#70 Mar 12, 2008
I for one never bought any coins off the Coin-Vault...I did know they were over priced as I do most of my buying off a live auction based in California, called "Teletrade" Ive really gotton soe good buys there..Then I would set there and watch the Coin Vault to see how much more they were selling coins for..I will say that when I first saw the coin vault on TV back about 1996.. I did learn a few things about coins..IE: what grading was, the best grading services, and such.so for that I do thank Robert Chambers..otherwise that show was one big Rip off..so over priced...Im sure Robert will find anouther way to sell coins..Good luck to him..To bad they can't be honest ....
Coin-loving Ken

United States

#71 Mar 15, 2008
Good entertainment. Great information. I got myself and my daughter into collecting Presidential dollars and State quarters through watching their show.

Never was stupid enough to actually BUY anything from them!
Kirk Haik

New Orleans, LA

#72 Mar 16, 2008
Paul Hollis and I have recently started selling coins on ebay. He is not just a TV salesman, but a true numismatist and collector, his knowlage is truely impressive. Most of our coins are monumental coins with superior quality. Kirk4892 is my seller name, soon we will be opening an ebay store under the heading Paul Hollis Rare Coins. Also, we can be reached at http://www.paulhollis.com/ . We will be listing more great coins everyday, so please check back frequently. Hope to hear from you soon.
RICHARD TAYLOR

AOL

#73 Mar 27, 2008
Robert Brillant wrote:
I was very dissapointed to find out that the Coin Vault was no longer on the network. I went to the website and found that the coin tab, normally located on the top right corner of the home page was gone. I called the number and the sales representative told me that they were no longer selling coins. I asked him if there was a particular reason for the stop and he could not tell me why. I assumed that the Coin Vault was doing so well that they might have went out independently, but I guess that is not the case. If anyone has any more information on this topic please post a response.
COIN VAULT CAN NOW BE SEEN ON SHOP NBC CHANNEL 228 DIRECT TV.
RICHARD TAYLOR

AOL

#74 Mar 27, 2008
COIN VAULT CAN NOW BE SEEN ON CHANNEL 228 ON DIRECT TV. SHP NBC WITH ROBERT CHAMBERS IS NOW CALLED THE COIN SHOPPE.
scott hill

Eugene, OR

#75 Apr 1, 2008
i watched the coin vault every night until it went off the air it helped me get educated in coins because if robert chambers is selling coins for a certain amount he is about 200.00 to 300.00 dollars over priced on siver eagles ngc or pcgs if you search the web .
Beth

Baton Rouge, LA

#76 Apr 11, 2008
Just wondering if anyone bought into the Statehood Quarter Collection Box Set on Shop at Home that in 2003 you got 1999 through 2003 D, P and Gold plated lens packaged in a box with the second half to be delivered in 2008?

Could this have been through another program? I may be confused about where I got this first box set. I have purchased coins from many different places and have tons of invoices that I just hate to go through, but will if I have to.

When I contacted Shop at Home with the invoice I thought was for the Statehood Quarter Collection the order number from their invoice was not on their computer.

Any help would be appreciated.
Beth

Baton Rouge, LA

#77 Apr 13, 2008
Is anyone reading this column or have you all been beamed up?
elf

Federal Way, WA

#78 Apr 18, 2008
Beth wrote:
Is anyone reading this column or have you all been beamed up?
wtf. crazy trekkie
DEW

United States

#79 Apr 22, 2008
chambers is now "selling his used
car" deal crap on NBC network channel. Good grief! Did they really fall for this guy? Bring back Paul Hollis, the "real" deal.
old cion collector

Durham, CT

#80 May 11, 2008
For all those like myself who have watched and learned from Robert Chambers over the years he and Shawn Lefler are at ShopNBCtv now with a new shop called the coin shoppe and the prices I feel are better then they were at Shopathome (may it burn up) sorry hate that place now and trying to deal with them about my autoship on the state quarter set that was philly-denver-and a gold set and they say oh well we can't help GRRRRRR!!!
indianerrors

United States

#81 Jun 18, 2008
Coin vault the show itself what else could you say than what a helluva way to screw people or newly beginning collectors out of their money ! I seen a 1908 s maybe a ef coin sell for 199.00 ! All I can say is if any collector or a person who wants to buy a truly rare indian cent I have a PCGS 1908 s INDIAN CENT MS 64 RB ( SNOW-1 ) S/S with a EAGLE EYE PHOTO SEAL for $4500.00 if interested my email is siberiansarewildyahoo.com
Jon

AOL

#82 Jul 6, 2008
I wonder if SAH recorded thier shows. If so there must be a warehouse full somewhere.

I would love to see Lea Little back in the day. Say 2000 or so.
Coin Collector Jim

Denver, CO

#83 Jul 22, 2008
I just read that Paul Hollis is running for Senate in Louisiana. I find it interesting that he would go into politics. I guess all the scamming he did on Coin Vault is carrying over into his political ambitions. I really respected his numismatic knowledge....even though I thought their pricing was outrageously expensive! Thank God I didn't get taken in by their slick sales presentations. I only wish some of the coins that I own were worth what they sold them for on the CV program! I wondered why my market doesn't air the CV show anymore! I guess people got wise to the scam! I hope they did anyway! Good riddance!
C Hudspeth

United States

#84 Jul 30, 2008
yes , but were't Roberts teeth pretty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Juliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Jessica Dawson Martin sleeping with a marrie... 6 hr Just saying 20
Silverados/ lol (Sep '15) 9 hr Hmm 11
sandra hoverson (Jul '15) Wed fingers 2
Juli Garrett Wed Thinkso 3
Kandi Ray Tue Wanna 5
Pam Smith or Pam Hilliard Tue Yummy 7
Hair salon recommendation? (May '15) Jun 28 Bellezza is horrible 8

Mount Juliet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance