Illegal dump survey finds a lot of tr...

Illegal dump survey finds a lot of trash -- and a buffalo head

There are 27 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Jul 2, 2010, titled Illegal dump survey finds a lot of trash -- and a buffalo head. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

Tom Smith wanders through a pile of debris between Interstate 83 and Toronita Street in Manchester Township.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Correction

Reading, PA

#1 Jul 2, 2010
There is no illegal dump in Wrightsville. It is in Hellam Township. Why even mention Wrightsville in the article when it has no relation to the story whatsoever? None.
German-Irish American GIA

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#3 Jul 2, 2010
Correction wrote:
There is no illegal dump in Wrightsville. It is in Hellam Township. Why even mention Wrightsville in the article when it has no relation to the story whatsoever? None.
Correction: The whole town of Wrightsville is a dump. You must be one of them there council members who throw water bottles at each other during meetings.

Sounds like a perfect opportunity for York's finest to sport their latest buzz cutts and dreads, garnished with an orange twist.
PeteB

York, PA

#4 Jul 2, 2010
thye spent 2 million dollars finding these sites, but only have $9,000 to help clean them up?? Typical....
German-Irish American GIA

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#5 Jul 2, 2010
Put pressure on your representative to have prisoners do it. Earn their keep.
LibertFirst

York, PA

#7 Jul 2, 2010
maybe if trash removal was not so expensive(thanks mafia aided by government) people would not dump anywhere.
Chad

York, PA

#8 Jul 2, 2010
Unfortunately there will always be ignorant people who will throw their crap wherever they please. Out of site, out of mind. My hats off to those who volunteer to help, even though this is not really an actual solution to the problem. Make sure you all bring your biohazard suit.
Good point

Lancaster, PA

#9 Jul 2, 2010
German-Irish American GIA wrote:
I like the way you think...

Since: Aug 08

York, PA

#10 Jul 3, 2010
smart thinking.
Parkeer

York, PA

#11 Jul 3, 2010
In the state of Virginia, prisoners actually go out and do road work; mowing with push mowers and weed wackers and cleaning up debris along the roads, their taxes are much lower and the roads are a lot better to look at and drive on...maybe they are doing something right!
PeteB

AOL

#12 Jul 3, 2010
Parkeer wrote:
In the state of Virginia, prisoners actually go out and do road work; mowing with push mowers and weed wackers and cleaning up debris along the roads, their taxes are much lower and the roads are a lot better to look at and drive on...maybe they are doing something right!
been tried here - Penn Dot union crys like a baby - says they are taking work away from them, yet the work never gets done.....
Steven C Johnson

Olyphant, PA

#13 Jul 3, 2010
PeteB wrote:
thye spent 2 million dollars finding these sites, but only have $9,000 to help clean them up?? Typical....
That is very typical of government...spend millions to identify a problem, eventually they will be looking for more millions of tax dollars to clean up the problem when it could be solved with a couple of dump trucks and a few dozen welfare recipients and un-employed people.
York County Resident

New Freedom, PA

#14 Jul 3, 2010
We are taxed to death in Pa., we even have to pay for trash pickup. The government nickels and dimes us to much. Get the prisoners out and make them start cleaning our highways,ramps and other dump areas.It works in Maryland.
I have seen Penn Dot workers throw dead deer over the side of enbankments. Pa. needs to grow a set of balls and get tough!!!!!
jackson

Carlisle, PA

#15 Jul 3, 2010
York County Resident wrote:
We are taxed to death in Pa., we even have to pay for trash pickup. The government nickels and dimes us to much. Get the prisoners out and make them start cleaning our highways,ramps and other dump areas.It works in Maryland.
I have seen Penn Dot workers throw dead deer over the side of enbankments. Pa. needs to grow a set of balls and get tough!!!!!
I know a man that used to work for Penn Dot, and he said that they waste more money than anybody in State Govt. with two men doing the work and six standing around watching. Penn Dot is nothing but a bunch of overpaid goof offs.
Mr Obvious

Red Lion, PA

#17 Jul 3, 2010
Maybe if there were free to use dumps this wouldn't happen.
Mark

York, PA

#19 Jul 3, 2010
I am unemployed. I will help. Where do I sign up?
Mark

York, PA

#20 Jul 3, 2010
Did they really spend $2,000,000 locating these sites?
DMM

AOL

#21 Jul 3, 2010
It's a terrible situation, but have you seen how much trash companies charge for weekly pickup? It's no wonder people have to get rid of trash
in this manor. I've noticed people
throwing away their household garbage
in the trash can at East Prospect Post office and Barry's grocery store in Craley. Many of us just can't afford
trash services anymore.
Native Son

Reading, PA

#22 Jul 3, 2010
Cesspool York has 17 illegal dumps? Where are the pool dwellers?
WV Citizen

Lancaster, PA

#23 Jul 3, 2010
<quoted text>
Correction: The whole town of Wrightsville is a dump. You must be one of them there council members who throw water bottles at each other during meetings.
Sounds like a perfect opportunity for York's finest to sport their latest buzz cutts and dreads, garnished with an orange twist.
Just so you know it, you are an idiot.
Native Son

Reading, PA

#24 Jul 3, 2010
jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
I know a man that used to work for Penn Dot, and he said that they waste more money than anybody in State Govt. with two men doing the work and six standing around watching. Penn Dot is nothing but a bunch of overpaid goof offs.
How many affirmative action mndated jobs are there in Penndot???????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Joy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
shooting in etown (Oct '06) Nov 26 Jeremy 59
the former Far East Inn in Columbia, PA (Oct '09) Nov '17 Sandra Miller 9
News Police and fire log -2/20 (Feb '10) Nov '17 Exlover 6
News Liquor license transferred to former nuisance bar (May '11) Oct '17 YC Resident 32
Reply to post on the FAR East Inn. Oct '17 John Fischer 1
News Couple Charged with Child Abuse (Jul '06) Sep '17 thaonandonlyIna 11
News Man has been charged with environmental violati... (May '09) Sep '17 aol 174

Mount Joy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Joy Mortgages