Crash kills Littlestown area teen

Crash kills Littlestown area teen

There are 95 comments on the Evening Sun story from Sep 23, 2009, titled Crash kills Littlestown area teen. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

A Littlestown area teenager died this morning after crashing into a tree along Route 97 in Mount Joy Township.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Andrea Smeltzer

Roxbury, PA

#1 Sep 23, 2009
My prayers are with the family for the loss of their daughter, Megan. I am so so sorry. I know what it is like to lose a child. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Littlestown Family

Washington, DC

#2 Sep 23, 2009
RIP, Megan. You are in many thoughts and you will be missed.
One Of Many Friends

Chambersburg, PA

#3 Sep 23, 2009
You'll be greatly missed! My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family! You were such a good person and we all had the most memorable memories with you!
Littlestown

Chambersburg, PA

#4 Sep 23, 2009
Shine bright Megan Mills <3
Taylor Potts

Fort Wayne, IN

#7 Sep 23, 2009
She will be missed by many, I know that she made a difference in my life, for the better! She is a great listener and when you need it, she has the advice also. We were not the closest, but she has made a big impact on my life and will never be forgotten! You and your family will be in my prayers!
Sorry

Harrisburg, PA

#8 Sep 23, 2009
Rest In Peace Megan!!
Lindsay P

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Sep 23, 2009
RIP Boobie i will miss u more than u even know. Ever since the first day i met u i knew we were gonna get along great and i was right because u are the most caring and loving girl i have ever met. U have truely made a difference in my life and so many others. I'll keep u and ur family in my prayers, and until we meet again take care. luv u <3
Saddened

Dallas, PA

#10 Sep 23, 2009
Not another young life lost...just 2 weeks ago with Tanner. Our communities are in mourning. Prayers and sympathy to her family.
Alex

Fishers, IN

#15 Sep 23, 2009
Megan is in a better place now. R.I.P
denise

Carlisle, PA

#16 Sep 23, 2009
yes also rest in peace,but the question i ask is no tire marks..hmmmm.fell asleep,or trying to get into a accident,something could had gone wrong that day,an she was out thinking about it while she was driven,an one thing lead to another.hope not.but i just also lost my 36 year old sister due to drinking an drugs.so dont go makeing thing up until u hear the truth.r,i,p,
Missy

Scranton, PA

#18 Sep 23, 2009
Megan was a beautiful happy girl. I lived in the same building as her and her family. She always had time to say Hi to me. And ask how things were going. She will be missed. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends.
RIP Megan

United States

#19 Sep 23, 2009
Rest in peace Megan you will be greatly missed. I used to baby sit her and am very sad to hear this news. My thoughts and prayers are with the Mills family at this time.

Wow you need to reread the article it says no autopsy is being done. Please have respect for the family and not post such nasty comments this is a hard enough time for the family without harsh comments.

Love and will miss you Megan RIP
compassion

Biglerville, PA

#20 Sep 23, 2009
The fact is that she is not going to be with us anymore. She was a caring human being, a normal teenager that may have been going through a stage, which most of do. She has family and friends that need to be comforted. They do not need people speculating or judging. They just need your prayers and understanding. Please do not use this forum to bash her or judge her or her family. My children knew her and they say she was really nice. Rest in Peace Megan. My prayers are with Becky and her family and all the young friends that are saddened by this. She is in a better place, but she will be missed.
Melissa

Philadelphia, PA

#21 Sep 23, 2009
I first want to say I did not not know this young lady or her family. I am just a Evening Sun reader. I am astonished on the comment's that are being made. This is a life of another human. It does not matter what she was doing at the time of her death, or why she was out at time of the morning. It's the fact of a precious life is gone and now she has loved ones that are mourning her. She was a daughter and I am assuming a freind of many. So why nit pick on what had happened. I dont believe that blaming a school district for it's driving techniques or it's health class will bring back the life of this girl. It sounds to me she is being judged before she even got to the gates. I believe the saying is you shouldn't judge people by the cover.... And to the family my thought's and prayers are with you.
cititzen

Gettysburg, PA

#22 Sep 23, 2009
I honestly don't think anyone from HARRISBURG has the right to be making such comments like have been made. Take a look at the number of homocides in YOUR crap hole town!!!!!!! Oh yeah, and most of them were probably drug deals gone bad.
It saddens me to see that our fellow Americans have taken such disrespect towards accidents and our teens.
A young girls life has been taken and that is a tragedy--we are in NO position to be judgmental.
God knows the plans He has for Megan, just as he does for each one of us.
Rather than bash the circumstances, why not humble ourselves and get on our knees and pray for our teens, neighbors, leaders, etc.
lauren

Dallas, PA

#23 Sep 23, 2009
RIP Megan you will be forever missed, love & miss you crazy girl, i'll never forget the memories together
the neighbor

Middletown, PA

#24 Sep 23, 2009
Megan and Tanner Rest in Peace!
mother

Sykesville, MD

#25 Sep 23, 2009
As a mother who lost her son to diabetes nine years ago, I am begging that the folks that post here to remember where you are. If you cannot show respect, then say nothing. Megan's family needs time to grieve. The way some of you are going on it is the same as spitting on Magan's grave. I just do not understand what this world is coming to.
ZIPPY

Gardners, PA

#26 Sep 23, 2009
The biggest reason for no autopsy is that it was clear to what happened. There is no class to prevent what happened.

Did not know the girl but as a careing human R.I.P. young lady we will all see you in due time OTHERS faster the most.
Another concerned parent

Harrisburg, PA

#27 Sep 23, 2009
I would like to send my condolences to Megan's family. I know what you have been dealing with and this is definately your worst nightmare come true. I did not know Megan personally but new of her and the people and things that she was into. When the results come back from her blood, I truly believe they will find that she had stuff in her system that contributed to her death and I hope the family once they can come to terms with her death (if ever) get mad and follow the trail to the person or people responsible for selling her anything. This is a nightmare awaiting other families and something needs to be done. This is another young life tragically lost for no reason. I am praying for the family and hope they make it through this. It is one of the hardest things to deal with. Just believe that you did everything you could and you did it all right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Joy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump thanks African-Americans who didn't vote ... Jan 28 stonio 272
Mayor Dave Mayer makes History raising Highest ... Jan '17 Recall Mayor Davi... 1
News Many men are happy to stay unmarried, though th... (Jan '08) Jan '17 Just saying 46
Do Derry Township Police Officers have a bad re... (Jan '08) Dec '16 Marlene 58
News Montenegro seeks man in photo with Russian fore... Dec '16 AntemuraleChristi... 1
News Wrightsville Forming Own Police Department (Nov '06) Dec '16 Jon 17
Searching for Dr. James L. Jamison of Wrightsvi... Nov '16 Michael Angelo 1

Mount Joy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Joy Mortgages