Mt. Joy to appeal unemployment decision

Mt. Joy to appeal unemployment decision

There are 13 comments on the Evening Sun story from Aug 30, 2010, titled Mt. Joy to appeal unemployment decision. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

Mount Joy Township supervisors are appealing the case of a former office assistant who left the township in March and was recently awarded state unemployment benefits.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

Unemployed

Hanover, PA

#1 Aug 30, 2010
You can quit a job and still collect. You can get fired and still collect. Your hours can be cut and you can collect.
one who knows

Newport, PA

#2 Aug 31, 2010
Here we go again. First of all the Township will not take a big hit in an increase of unemployment taxes. The Township is part of a group under PSATS and one person will not affect anything when it comes to all Township employees throught the state. Mr. Gormont is displaying again his lack of knowledge in Township matters. The Township's solicitor should have advised them of this but all she will be getting paid for this appeal. Since the assistant, as far as I know, was part time the amount of unemployment would not be that much and they are paying a high priced lawyer to fight this??????????
This is just another example of the people who rush to get elected on a hot button topic and lack the knowledge and expertise to do the job. I think it is time this board as well as others step back and think about what they are doing to the future of their municipalities. We are seeing more firings, layoffs and reductions in services for nothing more than egos. As time goes on there is much more expected from municipalities as far as services and reports to the state and less and less people to take care of them. It is time that Mr. Gormont realizes he is not god of Mt. Joy.
Reality

Shippensburg, PA

#3 Aug 31, 2010
Blogger #1 - Is probably correct.
Blogger #2 - A) Any Township Solicitor acts as an advisor to the Township. The Supervisors decide and vote on the actions. She is no different than the privious Solicitor with the exception that the previous Solicitor made many tactical errors that cost the township money.(Let's see...did he do it for free??
B) You seem to want to take this back to the election that is OVER. People RUSH to get elected to replace Incumbents who they and others are not happy with.
C) IF two Supervisors didn't RESIGN in the first place, we probably wouldn't be having this conversation. IF the previous Board of Supervisors would have acted like Professionals, maybe the previous staff would have stayed in place and no one would have had to be replaced, let go or resign. TALK about EGOS.
D) You have to realize new Supervisors in ANY environment will gain knowledge and expertise as time goes by. This was their first big issue. Any political scenario will only be proven by time. The previous guys were in there for up to 12 years. They didn't have the experience before they took the jobs.
LMAO

Orrtanna, PA

#4 Aug 31, 2010
Hey people,,,, the more i hear about John Gormont ,the more it reminds me of OBAMA!!!!They're both on a power trip!!
Okay

Mifflintown, PA

#5 Aug 31, 2010
Maybe Tammi needs to talk to Vicki. Seems like a trend here----
Liz

Hanover, PA

#6 Aug 31, 2010
LMAO wrote:
Hey people,,,, the more i hear about John Gormont ,the more it reminds me of OBAMA!!!!They're both on a power trip!!
How is Obama on a power trip?
LMAO

Orrtanna, PA

#7 Aug 31, 2010
Everytime I hear the name John Gormont I think about Barrack Obama!! They're both on a power trip!!
Liz

Hanover, PA

#8 Aug 31, 2010
LMAO wrote:
Everytime I hear the name John Gormont I think about Barrack Obama!! They're both on a power trip!!
How is Obama, our commander in chief on a power trip?
More Reality

Shippensburg, PA

#9 Aug 31, 2010
John is trying to pay down MJT debt! Obyma is ego trip to spend us into oblivion. How about staying on topic?
Oh Come On

Palm Coast, FL

#10 Aug 31, 2010
Wonder who is paying Ms. Jacoby's defense attorneys bills?
hosed

Spring Run, PA

#11 Aug 31, 2010
how did Tim get the article? He wasn,t even at the meeting.
carol

Everett, PA

#12 Sep 2, 2010
Who has initially denied the workers comp case? The insurance company. The court case has not yet finished. Good Luck Tammi.
LMAO

Carlisle, PA

#13 Sep 2, 2010
These guys are getting just like the old ones,,, Secret little meetings,, scaniving behind the taxpayers backs,,, The first article in the E.Sun said she was met at the door by Vicky Benke & ask for her passwords & keys,,I would certainly consider that as termination! And Hey LIZ,, if you did'nt get the power trip thing you need to pull your head up out of the sand girl!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Joy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the former Far East Inn in Columbia, PA (Oct '09) Nov 6 Sandra Miller 9
News Police and fire log -2/20 (Feb '10) Nov 6 Exlover 6
News Liquor license transferred to former nuisance bar (May '11) Oct 22 YC Resident 32
Reply to post on the FAR East Inn. Oct '17 John Fischer 1
News Couple Charged with Child Abuse (Jul '06) Sep '17 thaonandonlyIna 11
News Man has been charged with environmental violati... (May '09) Sep '17 aol 174
News Woman charged with theft, forgery (Feb '08) Aug '17 F___u-ok 364

Mount Joy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Joy Mortgages