Adams County Commissioner runs for se...

Adams County Commissioner runs for second term

There are 14 comments on the Evening Sun story from May 7, 2011, titled Adams County Commissioner runs for second term. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

A current Adams County Commissioner is seeking a second full term in office. Lisa Moreno-Woodward, 35, has thrown her hat in the ring to run on the Democratic ticket in the primary election May 17.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

john

Shippensburg, PA

#1 May 7, 2011
Here we go again. Someone looking to get more tax money from the people in typical democrat fashion to improve local government. enough is enough! What about us people? we have high deficit and increasing taxes. How much more do we have to pay for continuous improvement for government? I know they want to keep up with other county governments but we are now buried in taxes as it is.
Not Me

Mifflin, PA

#2 May 7, 2011
Her & Weikert need to go peddle their High tax beliefs somewhere else!!
Disgusted

Carlisle, PA

#3 May 7, 2011
This preposterous excuse for a public servant would never get my vote.

She's totally out of touch with the concerns of ordinary people like me who she's supposed to represent.
What

Gettysburg, PA

#4 May 7, 2011
She is nothing more than a puppet for George and Glenn. They tell her what to say how to vote. In any of the videod commissioners meetings, have you ever seen ANY of the three stooges vote to oppose the other two?

PLEASE...PLEASE...PLEASE...for the benefit of Adams County...do NOT re-elect Lisa OR George!!!
I Agree

Gettysburg, PA

#5 May 7, 2011
What wrote:
She is nothing more than a puppet for George and Glenn. They tell her what to say how to vote. In any of the videod commissioners meetings, have you ever seen ANY of the three stooges vote to oppose the other two?
PLEASE...PLEASE...PLEASE...for the benefit of Adams County...do NOT re-elect Lisa OR George!!!
Not an original thought in her head at all..
RepubliCON stronghold

East Berlin, PA

#6 May 7, 2011
john wrote:
Here we go again. Someone looking to get more tax money from the people in typical democrat fashion to improve local government. enough is enough! What about us people? we have high deficit and increasing taxes. How much more do we have to pay for continuous improvement for government? I know they want to keep up with other county governments but we are now buried in taxes as it is.
You mean looking to get more tax money from the people in typical republiCON fashion. Adams County has been a republiCON stronghold for years - 2 out of the 3 Commissioners have been republiCONS for years and Adams County has seen their taxes go up and up for years.
Milly

United States

#7 May 7, 2011
In my opinion, it should be out with the old, and in with the new. The current commissioners have approved bogus reassessments, and put a number of county folks in jeopardy of losing their homes. I think that is a darned shame. If it isn't the county, it's the school districts that have their hands in a person's pocket. IT HAS TO STOP!!!!!!!!! One sure way to do that is to get rid of the folks who continually raise our taxes and make bad decisions. Get rid of 'em.
AMAZED

Gettysburg, PA

#8 May 7, 2011
Remember the assessment. Throw them all out. They have not earned the right to represent anyone but themselves.

Anyone but WEIKERT.
out with the old

Gettysburg, PA

#9 May 7, 2011
Too bad the citizens are not really involved with what is happening in this country, county, the boroughs and townships, nor looking at the situation with an unbiased eye.

If they were, we would not continually put in people who were puppets for this or that entity ( like twp gov to county gov; twp office mgr to boro office mgr )- and to boot, people who are not even Locals! We, the people, need to get past this party system and put in people who will work to help the little man, not the big corporations. Someone who is concerned with our pocketbooks, know how to live on a "real" budget, concerned for our environment ( not like Corbett and this Gas Industry/ Fracking fiasco ). We need people who know government or able to learn the process who can run, manage, and make changes that are for the good of all citizens, not only a select few. We need people who are not in it for "personal financial gain" for themselves ( giving themselves all the bennies for part time work and other raises or pensions that come out of "our" pockets), and instead of someone in it for what they can do for this country.

Think about this when you go to the polls ---

If you have been watching and listening, you know that the current people need to go. Anyone watching the Commissioner meetings can see how they are now trying to Look like "real" people, whereas before they would not even civilly acknowledge the masses. The bogus unfairly done "reassessment" appeal process with un qualified "panels" of the Commissioner's friends sitting on the appeal boards should be remembered when you head to the poll this MAY! Keep that in mind and your NEXT TAX bill which will be even more outrageous than the last!
scott

Carlisle, PA

#10 May 7, 2011
What wrote:
Cows will grow wings and fly to the moon before any of the stooges get reelected.
local

Gettysburg, PA

#11 May 7, 2011
I am sick of statements from local politicians "I am from here" does that make you better than me? I don't care if you are direct decedent of James Getty himself, it means nothing. You have been a failure in your first term and there is no way I would ever consider giving you or George my vote. Sounds to me like you have made a career of living on my taxes.
Moose

Gettysburg, PA

#12 May 7, 2011
OMG...sounds like the masses are catching on. Helleluhah (sp?). Now get ready to vote!
Mt Joy Taxpayer

Gettysburg, PA

#13 May 8, 2011
NO-WAY!! I voted for her in the last election, Look at what we wound up with?? HIGHER TAXES!! EXTREMELY HIGHER TAXES!! Her & Weikert live a cushy life,They really don't comprehend the fact that theirs older people in Adams county on fixed incomes that just may lose their houses over this damn BOGUS reassessment. If thats the way they're gonna represent us,,we don't need them!VOTE THEM OUT!!
Road Apple

Harrisburg, PA

#16 May 9, 2011
What happened to Post #14

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Joy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Hershey Company Address (Jan '06) Sep 17 Nannels 394
York peppermint pattie Sep 13 yuck 2
Females only Sep 11 Jay 1
Do Derry Township Police Officers have a bad re... (Jan '08) Aug 31 good-2 57
Wrightsville, Pa house fire ends in total loss ... Aug '16 Onelittlesoul 1
Smoking buddy around Marietta PA (females only) Jul '16 JohnD 1
Stacy Holliday-White Jun '16 sum1 1

Mount Joy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance