First Prev
of 2
Next Last
idk

Mount Hope, WV

#1 Jul 8, 2012
I heard Mrs. Jane left the daycare! But I found out Miss Missy is now taking over! I think it will be fine with her, everyone is sad to see Jane leave but I think everything happens for a reason. How does everyone else feel?

Since: Dec 11

Rocky Mount, NC

#2 Jul 8, 2012
That pleases me even more that my child no longer goes. I've walked in twice with her yelling at the children, my sister witnessed it once and my husband witnessed it a few times as well.
Persephone

United States

#3 Jul 9, 2012
My nieces and nephew have gone there since they were 2 and now they refuse to go back because of mrs. jane leaving.
Just Wondering

Beckley, WV

#4 Jul 9, 2012
Ms Jane was a great teacher and my child did learn a lot from her, there is no denying that. That being said, at times he did not like her and even told her that once. And when I told him she wasn't coming back he said OK and never mentioned her again. Missy loves those kids too and she has been there more than long enough to know what she is doing. Everyone's babies WILL BE JUST FINE!!!!! I can assure you that Tommie and Missy are more than capable of teaching and taking care of your kids!
mop water

Fayetteville, WV

#5 Jul 9, 2012
For daycare purposes..yes the kids will be fine with Tommie and Missy. BUT the preschool aspect of it....NO WAY !! My own children went there...if they still went there I would consider other preschools in the area...there was a post on this topic before...where did it go?
Just Wondering

Beckley, WV

#6 Jul 9, 2012
mop water wrote:
For daycare purposes..yes the kids will be fine with Tommie and Missy. BUT the preschool aspect of it....NO WAY !! My own children went there...if they still went there I would consider other preschools in the area...there was a post on this topic before...where did it go?
Those kids will still learn-Missy has been right there by Ms Jane's side forever, and they seem to be closer to Missy as well. And as for other preschools, a Gorilla cold do better than the public pre-k program. The other forum was most likely removed due to the level of posts slandering people.
whatever

Mount Hope, WV

#7 Jul 9, 2012
I don't see why everyone think that the preschool can't run without Jane. Do you parents not get it! She left your kids high and dry!! She got mad and left, no good bye to the kids she says she loves!! Miss Missy has been with her for 5 years now and if you would look back has done a lot of what Jane said she did. Your kids r still going to get the best education in Beckley! Jane was a wonderful teacher but Missy is too!! She knows the material and the kids love her. You r putting you faith in a woman who left you kids for no other reason but that she wasn't getting her way and left! Do you know some kids asked if Ms Jane stopped loving them cause she wasn't coming back!!! I don't care how bad she hated her boss but she should have said good bye to the kids!!!
Nikki

Beckley, WV

#8 Jul 9, 2012
whatever wrote:
I don't see why everyone think that the preschool can't run without Jane. Do you parents not get it! She left your kids high and dry!! She got mad and left, no good bye to the kids she says she loves!! Miss Missy has been with her for 5 years now and if you would look back has done a lot of what Jane said she did. Your kids r still going to get the best education in Beckley! Jane was a wonderful teacher but Missy is too!! She knows the material and the kids love her. You r putting you faith in a woman who left you kids for no other reason but that she wasn't getting her way and left! Do you know some kids asked if Ms Jane stopped loving them cause she wasn't coming back!!! I don't care how bad she hated her boss but she should have said good bye to the kids!!!
I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!! ENOUGH SAID!!!!!! This is not a character trait I want my child to think is OK!!!!!! I trust Missy will do just fine and everyone who fails to see that will only cause your kids to lose out!!!!!!
Sherri Massey

Beckley, WV

#9 Jul 9, 2012
Any one can be replaced. Missy is no Jane. Missy sits around alot and yells at the kids. She is a great person but she doesnt have Janes energy and passion. For whatever reason Jane left, wish her the best. Good Luck Missy, you have some big shoes to fill.
Nikki

Beckley, WV

#10 Jul 9, 2012
Sherri Massey wrote:
Any one can be replaced. Missy is no Jane. Missy sits around alot and yells at the kids. She is a great person but she doesnt have Janes energy and passion. For whatever reason Jane left, wish her the best. Good Luck Missy, you have some big shoes to fill.
I yell a lot too!! Ha! Ha! I have never heard Missy be mean to those kids and my child really likes her. There were a few times that he did tell me he thought Ms Jane was mean. She even told me once that she heard him telling other kids she was mean. Ms Jane did teach them a lot, I can't say she didn't, but if she just walked out on those kids that says quite a bit about her true character. So, that being said.....LA East will continue to have a great program and I hope Ms Jane finds what makes her happy!!!
whatever

Mount Hope, WV

#11 Jul 10, 2012
Sherri Massey wrote:
Any one can be replaced. Missy is no Jane. Missy sits around alot and yells at the kids. She is a great person but she doesnt have Janes energy and passion. For whatever reason Jane left, wish her the best. Good Luck Missy, you have some big shoes to fill.
Missy sits around a lot??? Yeah right!!! There have been only a hand full workers who could keep up with her!!! Ask anyone who works there!!! And as for yelling at the kids, yeah some times it as to be done, like after telling them for the 5th time to stop it and ever moving them around so yelling some times has to happen. But ask any parent at that daycare or ask any kids and not one would say they hate her!! Missy has devoted her life to those kids!!! And truth be told she did most of jane's job anyways. Those little crafts your kids went home with, missy. Those big programs they have 90% missy!!! So yeah Missy will be a great teacher she has had a good teacher her self. Jane was a great teacher no question in that but she left, no she didn't get fired she left!!! So Missy is now the teacher and your kids will never come home saying she's mean!!!
lil missey

Lubbock, TX

#12 Jul 10, 2012
what hapeen to Learning daycare are they realy closing their doors forever?
Persephone

United States

#13 Jul 10, 2012
When the kids themselves refuse to return to the daycare because of miss jane leaving- that says enough.
Nikki

Beckley, WV

#14 Jul 11, 2012
Maybe Ms Jane should contact all the children that she loved so much and explain how an adult can just walk away from them without saying goodbye! I have lost all respect for her - I do not want my child to think it's ok to get mad and just walk away from the people and job that you claim to love! As for where they will attend preschool or daycare, I am the ADULT and I make the decisions, not my child. When they attend public school every time they get mad or can't pick their teacher you can't just switch schools. Kids need to learn values, and Ms Jane has shown her true colors. SHE ABANDONED OUR KIDS and I do not have any respect for someone who can do that after claiming to love them!! She is who needs to be held accountable!
whatever

Mount Hope, WV

#15 Jul 11, 2012
Nikki wrote:
Maybe Ms Jane should contact all the children that she loved so much and explain how an adult can just walk away from them without saying goodbye! I have lost all respect for her - I do not want my child to think it's ok to get mad and just walk away from the people and job that you claim to love! As for where they will attend preschool or daycare, I am the ADULT and I make the decisions, not my child. When they attend public school every time they get mad or can't pick their teacher you can't just switch schools. Kids need to learn values, and Ms Jane has shown her true colors. SHE ABANDONED OUR KIDS and I do not have any respect for someone who can do that after claiming to love them!! She is who needs to be held accountable!
Right on!!! But I think now after the time that has past it may not be good for her to say anything to the kids, it may upset them all over again. They said some of the kids wanted to know if Ms.Jane stopped loving them cause she never came back!! To a little kid this is hard. But I have no respect for her either, she did this to her self!!!
Nikki

Beckley, WV

#16 Jul 11, 2012
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Right on!!! But I think now after the time that has past it may not be good for her to say anything to the kids, it may upset them all over again. They said some of the kids wanted to know if Ms.Jane stopped loving them cause she never came back!! To a little kid this is hard. But I have no respect for her either, she did this to her self!!!
. I agree! I was being sarcastic for all of her supporters. They are all taking this out on the wrong people. She should have stepped up and done this the right way if she wanted to go. My child doesn't care anyway, but she really hurt some of those kids and these parents are acting like that's fine, but it's not!

Since: Dec 11

Parkersburg, WV

#17 Jul 11, 2012
You guys are right, she went about it all wrong however that doesn't mean I would have kept my son there. As far as the yelling, yes I yell at my son at times and working with children can be very stressful however it is the parents right to yell at their child a teacher should be talking to problem children's parents and enforcing time outs but not yelling. Teachers of any kind have no right to yell at my child and if I catch one yelling at mine I will be sure to return the favor because I assume I have that right if they have the right to yell at my child? To tell the truth I started really disliking that place when my son was telling me different kids were hitting him. He is 3, he shouldn't be the only one telling me, I should have been told by the teachers. The biggest thing that did it for me was when one child's parents didn't even know their child had hit mine. Parents should know all that's going on, if my son is being bullied or is being a bully I want to know all the same so I can back up the teachers and make sure to parent my child about bullying. Bullying is serious and if I don't know there is a problem (because we all know children act different in front of us) I can't fix the problem. Don't get me wrong I teach my son to be nice to others but he is 3 and being around other children he will act like the children around him thinking it is ok because _____ does it, so as long as I'm well informed I may be able to break bad habits before they start. I wish ms Jane would have went about things the right way, however I don't know the whole story so I'm not going to judge her actions other than to say she was wrong with how she left but if my son had still been going there I would have pulled him out when she left.
Do not make it personal

Murfreesboro, TN

#18 Jul 11, 2012
I think we're off topic a bit... We shouldn't be comparing Missy and Ms. Jane... that's like comparing apples and oranges. Having said that, I'm sure Ms. Jane left for a good reason. I know she wouldn't have left had she not felt intimidated and disrespected (as Mr. Chinn is notorious for doing.) He made lots of promises and apprently doesn't want to back them up. As far as energy level and dynamics of the program, I don't see Miss Missy performing at the level of Ms. Jane, but those parents who still have kids there are the ones who need to make that call.
Nikki

Beckley, WV

#19 Jul 11, 2012
Do not make it personal wrote:
I think we're off topic a bit... We shouldn't be comparing Missy and Ms. Jane... that's like comparing apples and oranges. Having said that, I'm sure Ms. Jane left for a good reason. I know she wouldn't have left had she not felt intimidated and disrespected (as Mr. Chinn is notorious for doing.) He made lots of promises and apprently doesn't want to back them up. As far as energy level and dynamics of the program, I don't see Miss Missy performing at the level of Ms. Jane, but those parents who still have kids there are the ones who need to make that call.
Who knows why she left? She didn't bother to tell anyone. Maybe she thought she had a good reason, but she took the coward way out when it comes to those kids who did love her. Ms Jane did teach my child a lot, but at times I found her a little too stern. Mr Chinn is not that intimidating if you know how to take him. Basically he is blunt and straight forward. Some people have a hard time not being "coddled". As for the program, it will be just fine. Missy loves those kids and they seem to interact well with her. And apples to oranges? Atleast Missy didn't promise those babies things, tell them she loved them, and then not even have the decency to tell them goodbye. From what I hear this upset quite a few of them, making them ask if she quit loving them...So, I'll take Missy and less energy over cruel and fake anyday!!!!
Brad

United States

#20 Jul 11, 2012
Yall just don't have a clue....That place has been going down hill for years!! It was Janes time to go...Hope Missy can bring it back up...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Hope Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Got a black girlfriend today. Praise black Jesus 3 hr hovercrap 5
Good lawyers anywhere ? Roop /Wooten need help ... (Aug '17) 3 hr Jbizzy 3
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 3 hr Kornho Granny 4,404
maga 4 hr Pulse of the MAGAts 2
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 7 hr what a russsh 7,490
ACT Cosmetology 8 hr watchingyou 2
Places to dumpster dive in Beckley area? (Jun '14) 8 hr watchingyou 20

Mount Hope Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Hope Mortgages