Scammer takes mother for nearly $3,000

A McConnellsburg woman was scammed $2,850 by a person claiming to be a bail bondsman in Canada. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Saywhat

Davenport, IA

#21 May 7, 2009
MrRight wrote:
OK I'm gonna say something that alot of people will agree on and alot of people won't.
I say that punishment in the U.S. is too easy. If we would do like the Animalistic nations and cut the hand of of convicted thieves and scammers then it would keep alot of these dirt bags from doing it.
If we publically executed murderers and rapists, no matter what the case being, first time offenders or carreer criminals, I bet it would stop alot of would be's from doing it.
Remember when they had the guilotine and the firing squad? What about hangings? Or my personal fav. the rack? I bet if you brought em' back crime would slow down quite a bit.
Just my $0.02......
You're almost RIGHT. Of course, these scammers haven't been caught. But the secret is immediate execution for any felon. Result - no repeat offenders leeching off upright citizens. Sure, everyone makes a mistake, but there are plenty of people to go around. Play the percentages and win.
Dee Dee Dee

United States

#22 May 7, 2009
Can't feel sorry for you if you're that ignorant and naive.
No_really

Marcus Hook, PA

#23 May 7, 2009
2,850 scam? Then you got a lot to be thankful for. I have known those who have been duped out of nearly 50,000 with the promise of hundreds of millions enroute to victim. The victim is usually jobless and desperate for cash. The public needs educated. This would help. Bottom line? There's no free lunch!. There's a day coming when we'll all stand before The Righteous Judge.
anon

Columbia, SC

#24 May 7, 2009
Hey baseball lover if someone is in custody they are allowed one call. you think they would use it to call a spouse if they were in trouble. this lady was an idiot. was her son even in canada? during that time.
Richy Rich

Gardners, PA

#25 May 7, 2009
Meh, you don't know their family history.
He may have been the rebellious type and getting one of those calls is nothing new for Mom.

“Not fallen”

Since: May 08

WalMartBoro, PA

#26 May 7, 2009
If the story is accurate, then what really happened is this mom bought a $3,000 neon sign for the top of her head that reads, "I'm a world-class co-dependent". No pun intended, but I hope she saw the light.
Curious

Chambersburg, PA

#27 May 8, 2009
This was in my email this morning:

Hi,
My name is Rev. Thomas Douglas, I and the Chief security officer (CSO) of UNO/WB organization have arranged with an officer in the computer section to bring out your total pending payment with reference number (LM-05-371) amounting to US$10 million dollars consignment. Contact WORLD COURIER team via the below email with Your Full Name Address and your Cell Phone number, and
receive it.

Company Name: WORLD COURIER GROUND.

Contact Person: Dr. Frank Dennis.

Email: expressdiplomaticcompany11@adm inistrativos.com

Please note that your required to pay US$150 dollars administrative charge to World Courier Ground to enable them courier your US$10 million dollars Consignment Box to your address before the next 72hours. Final your advised to stop any further communication with your local representative (s) or any banks.
As this office is supersedes to every other departments. The consequences of not heeding to this warning would be yours.

Good luck.

Yours Faithfully.

Rev. Thomas Douglas

Director, International Debt Payment & Reconciliation Unit.

Something is fishy

Marcus Hook, PA

#28 May 8, 2009
I sell items on craigslist, this guy just got my email address not even looking at the ads and asked what I was selling, I told him 2 items, he said okay I'll buy them. He said he would send me a check for more than the items cost and he wants me to send back the $3000 excess via western union. I received the check in the mail today and it looks real and from a reputable company but I don't know, it seems very fishy. Has anyone ever heard of Golden Financial Futures Inc.?
Fulton Co Professional

Chambersburg, PA

#29 May 8, 2009
Something is fishy wrote:
I sell items on craigslist, this guy just got my email address not even looking at the ads and asked what I was selling, I told him 2 items, he said okay I'll buy them. He said he would send me a check for more than the items cost and he wants me to send back the $3000 excess via western union. I received the check in the mail today and it looks real and from a reputable company but I don't know, it seems very fishy. Has anyone ever heard of Golden Financial Futures Inc.?
You need to burn/tear up that check. What he sent you was a check that will bounce and you will get stuck with paying the bank you cashed it $3000 plus fees. Also report this person to Craigslist. I believe you should see some action since Craigslist is under some severe scrutiny
desert flower

Wilmington, DE

#30 May 8, 2009
DON`T DO IT !! You will be out 3 Grand +++
pjcarrot

Philadelphia, PA

#31 May 8, 2009
Those checks do appear real and you may even get your money from the bank. And then after the check gets processed, it will come back fraudulant. You will then be out the money for the check plus the money that you sent via Western Union. I see this all the time, I work at a Credit Union.
Curious

Chambersburg, PA

#32 May 8, 2009
They are on Google, they are out of Indonesia somewhere:

Group Headquarters
Address:Menara DEA, 10th Floor Suite 1002 Mega Kuningan Barat
Kav. E 4.3 No.1 Jakarta 12950
Asia-Pacific Liaison Office
E-mail:info@golden- finance.com
Domestic service hotline
jim

Shippensburg, PA

#33 May 22, 2009
i've had lots' of scams, through regular mail, e-mail, door salesmen, mtg., credit cards, you name it; i've been thru it.
jim

Shippensburg, PA

#34 May 22, 2009
md. is not the correct address; it's mcconnellsburg, pa.
moviegoer

Scranton, PA

#35 May 28, 2009
Is Haar's closing or what have you heard?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Holly Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Not everyone benefiting from growth in Carlisle Oct 13 Karl Isle 1
Cumberland County man dies on railroad tracks (Mar '09) Oct 6 Jim Stephens 26
Debate: Gay Marriage - Mount Holly Springs, PA (May '11) Sep 26 KiMare 17
Bucher Hill Mansion aka Swan Lake Mansion (May '08) Sep 19 janaDe 19
Locators, Inc. Is it a scam? (Feb '11) Sep '14 Sthomas 31
Carlisle Madam Bessie Jones (Feb '09) Sep '14 Tyrone Pookie Was... 26
50-unit senior housing apartment building plann... Jul '14 Shelly Slader 1

Mount Holly Springs Jobs

Mount Holly Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE