Carroll Valley manhunt: Three arrested after fight, chase

Full story: Evening Sun

The search for an armed man in the woods included a helicopter and K-9 unit and lasted more than three hours early Sunday morning in Carroll Valley.
Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Jun 14, 2008
Tracer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2008

Sounds like a reality TV show!!! Where do these people come from and why are they allowed to roam around freely without a collar????
Johnny M

Gettysburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2008

Wow, too much going on in Carroll Valley in such a short time. What is this, Baltimore?
Parent of 3 great kids

Sykesville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2008

Better check the water supply. First a rape, then a stabbing/burning murder, now this. Holy cow.
ILikeFatWomen

Mount Aetna, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2008

Whoa. They handled a crime withoiut state police help.

Maybe my taxes will go down.
Wow

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2008

Probably will go up. I'm sure they got some overtime out of this melee.
resident

Newburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2008

What the heck!?!?!?!
A mother

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2008

Notice the involvement of prescription pills.
Joe

Gettysburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2008

Number one - state police was involved in this incident (note the PSP helicopter). Number two - numerous outside agencies (Waynesboro, Cumberland, etc) assisted. Rather than complaining about who is helping to catch criminals and who CVPD calls in to help, why not thank an officer for putting their lives on the line daily to keep us all safe? Police service is expensive - this is true. But in the end, it is worth it. Even in a place like Carroll Valley, where "crime just doesn't happen." Looks like it does!
Johnny M

Gettysburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2008

People don't appreciate the police like they should. Instead, they swear at them and call them names. Imagine living without protection from police -- just go to some third world country and enjoy the guerilla warfare.
Mom of one

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2008

One of these people came from your own area!!
What would you do if someone is chasing you with a gun? Just stand there!!I want everyone to know what his name is,the paper has it wrong.His name is ( Tommy Dorsey ) not Dewey!!!
CV Taxpayer

Mount Aetna, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

Come on people lets look at the truth here. These guys and all the other yokels are nothing but buffoons with badges who can do nothing more than write speeding tickets. I know it is hard to admit it but that really is the bottom line.

If it wasn't for the state police we would have no competent police department in Adams County.
CV Taxpayer is a jerk

Scranton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

CV Taxpayer wrote:
Come on people lets look at the truth here. These guys and all the other yokels are nothing but buffoons with badges who can do nothing more than write speeding tickets. I know it is hard to admit it but that really is the bottom line.
If it wasn't for the state police we would have no competent police department in Adams County.
There is an old saying, it is better to be silent and have people believe you are an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. Thanks for removing the doubt CV Taxpayer. You have proven how little you actually know about the public and life in general.
CV Taxpayer is a jerk

Scranton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

Oh by the way, let me guess, you have been given a ticket there, yes????

And taxes aren't high because of the police, look at your tax bill, it is because of the school district!
crm

Newburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2008

How much do you want to bet that all three of these yahoos are out of prison within six months? Or that upon release that they will be right back in prison within a year or two? They'll get some silly little slap on the wrist when they really need some good hard solid time and to wear an ankle bracelet for a few years after that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mount Holly Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 3 hr Bill OReilly 51,275
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Tue But Not Hussein O... 3,898
Locators, Inc. Is it a scam? (Feb '11) Aug 9 Cindy 29
50-unit senior housing apartment building plann... Jul 30 Shelly Slader 1
Midstate woman denied coverage after being told... Jul '14 Karl Isle 1
Former Carroll Valley officer charged with corr... Jul '14 Steve Gratman 10
York County man accused of assaulting 7-year-ol... Jun '14 Anonymous 9

Search the Mount Holly Springs Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Mount Holly Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000