Carroll Valley manhunt: Three arreste...

Carroll Valley manhunt: Three arrested after fight, chase

There are 14 comments on the Evening Sun story from Jun 9, 2008, titled Carroll Valley manhunt: Three arrested after fight, chase. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

The search for an armed man in the woods included a helicopter and K-9 unit and lasted more than three hours early Sunday morning in Carroll Valley.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

Tracer

Budd Lake, NJ

#1 Jun 9, 2008
Sounds like a reality TV show!!! Where do these people come from and why are they allowed to roam around freely without a collar????
Johnny M

United States

#2 Jun 9, 2008
Wow, too much going on in Carroll Valley in such a short time. What is this, Baltimore?
Parent of 3 great kids

Westminster, MD

#3 Jun 9, 2008
Better check the water supply. First a rape, then a stabbing/burning murder, now this. Holy cow.
ILikeFatWomen

Harrisburg, PA

#4 Jun 9, 2008
Whoa. They handled a crime withoiut state police help.

Maybe my taxes will go down.
Wow

Bernville, PA

#5 Jun 9, 2008
Probably will go up. I'm sure they got some overtime out of this melee.
resident

Greencastle, PA

#7 Jun 10, 2008
What the heck!?!?!?!
A mother

United States

#8 Jun 10, 2008
Notice the involvement of prescription pills.
Joe

Gettysburg, PA

#9 Jun 10, 2008
Number one - state police was involved in this incident (note the PSP helicopter). Number two - numerous outside agencies (Waynesboro, Cumberland, etc) assisted. Rather than complaining about who is helping to catch criminals and who CVPD calls in to help, why not thank an officer for putting their lives on the line daily to keep us all safe? Police service is expensive - this is true. But in the end, it is worth it. Even in a place like Carroll Valley, where "crime just doesn't happen." Looks like it does!
Johnny M

United States

#10 Jun 10, 2008
People don't appreciate the police like they should. Instead, they swear at them and call them names. Imagine living without protection from police -- just go to some third world country and enjoy the guerilla warfare.
Mom of one

Duncannon, PA

#11 Jun 10, 2008
One of these people came from your own area!!
What would you do if someone is chasing you with a gun? Just stand there!!I want everyone to know what his name is,the paper has it wrong.His name is ( Tommy Dorsey ) not Dewey!!!
CV Taxpayer

Harrisburg, PA

#12 Jun 11, 2008
Come on people lets look at the truth here. These guys and all the other yokels are nothing but buffoons with badges who can do nothing more than write speeding tickets. I know it is hard to admit it but that really is the bottom line.

If it wasn't for the state police we would have no competent police department in Adams County.
CV Taxpayer is a jerk

Scranton, PA

#13 Jun 13, 2008
CV Taxpayer wrote:
Come on people lets look at the truth here. These guys and all the other yokels are nothing but buffoons with badges who can do nothing more than write speeding tickets. I know it is hard to admit it but that really is the bottom line.
If it wasn't for the state police we would have no competent police department in Adams County.
There is an old saying, it is better to be silent and have people believe you are an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. Thanks for removing the doubt CV Taxpayer. You have proven how little you actually know about the public and life in general.
CV Taxpayer is a jerk

Scranton, PA

#14 Jun 13, 2008
Oh by the way, let me guess, you have been given a ticket there, yes????

And taxes aren't high because of the police, look at your tax bill, it is because of the school district!
crm

Carlisle, PA

#15 Jun 14, 2008
How much do you want to bet that all three of these yahoos are out of prison within six months? Or that upon release that they will be right back in prison within a year or two? They'll get some silly little slap on the wrist when they really need some good hard solid time and to wear an ankle bracelet for a few years after that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Holly Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mary jane. 6 hr doc175 1
Locators, Inc. Is it a scam? (Feb '11) Thu Demitri 74
News Former Carroll Valley officer charged with corr... (Feb '14) May '16 Davenport 15
News Man sentenced for spitting on state trooper, br... Apr '16 Lucy Jane 1
News Cumberland County bridge replacement plans now ... Apr '16 Lucy Jane 1
Crossdressers Apr '16 TruckerD 4
News Carlisle woman jailed on defiant trespass charge Mar '16 Hillary Bengazi 2

Mount Holly Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Holly Springs Mortgages