16 charged with underage drinking at Waynesboro party

Full story: Public Opinion

Waynesboro Police charged 16 people with underage drinking after breaking up a party on West Second Street.
Comments
1 - 19 of 19 Comments Last updated Oct 3, 2008
Unbelievable

Warren, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

Why are we just hearing about this now?

Since: Dec 07

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

Ages 18-20?! Oh, my goodness, that's soooo underage.

I support this movement by university presidents to lower the drinking age. If you're legally an adult at 18, if you can buy tobacco, and firearms and get sent into battle... then geez, if no one is getting hurt, then what's the harm? I don't see anything about anyone driving or dying.

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 08

Westbury, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

Don't they know this will go on their permanent record!
I bet they were listening to that rock and roll music!
The girls were probably wearing make up too!
And DANCING! I bet there was dancing too!
Oh, and the language!

.... sheesh.

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

The biggest crime these kids committed: having fun.

NOT ALLOWED IN WAYNESBORO!
Intresting

New Bloomfield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

see college is back in full swing!!!
Molly R

Winchester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

Coppy wrote:
Ages 18-20?! Oh, my goodness, that's soooo underage.
I support this movement by university presidents to lower the drinking age. If you're legally an adult at 18, if you can buy tobacco, and firearms and get sent into battle... then geez, if no one is getting hurt, then what's the harm? I don't see anything about anyone driving or dying.
... IF no one gets hurt. This time. Underage drinking is dangerous. I'm sure you'd feel the same way if you had a loved one killed by a drunk driver. How do you know who left the party after drinking, before the police arived?
Jessica

Orrtanna, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2008

Molly R wrote:
<quoted text>
... IF no one gets hurt. This time. Underage drinking is dangerous. I'm sure you'd feel the same way if you had a loved one killed by a drunk driver. How do you know who left the party after drinking, before the police arived?
The same thing happens at bars.
I dont understand

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2008

Good golly these kids were just having some fun!!
What else is there for kids to do in area? Nothing!
As long as they are responsible I would rather them be in a group than out on the roads. You no if they made the legal drinking age 18 it probly wouldn't be as fun anymore cause then they can legally do it.
joe

Portsmouth, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2008

Yeah, I don't understand people who are so against lowering the drinking age by explaining that those kids might then drive drunk. Drunk driving would still be illegal. Making it illegal for young adults to drink only teaches them to have no respect for the law because most realize they can drink anyway with no major problems, and some then feel the same about drunk driving laws.

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2008

How is "underage" (read, 18-20 year olds) drinking any LESS dangerous than "adult" drinking???

People drink, people go out, people have fun and people do stupid things. But we should be focused more on preventing the drunk driving than preventing underage drinking, because an 18-20 year old in my opinion isn't any more likely to drink and drive than someone over 21.
cburg

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2008

Coppy wrote:
How is "underage" (read, 18-20 year olds) drinking any LESS dangerous than "adult" drinking???
People drink, people go out, people have fun and people do stupid things. But we should be focused more on preventing the drunk driving than preventing underage drinking, because an 18-20 year old in my opinion isn't any more likely to drink and drive than someone over 21.
You gotta be kidding or at least 65 years old with no rememberance of what it was like when you were 18-20 years old. I lived beside a college fraternity and when they had parties they didn't care what they did to my property or where they went to the bathroom or where they "laid" their girlfriends.
Plentytodo

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2008

I dont understand wrote:
Good golly these kids were just having some fun!!
What else is there for kids to do in area? Nothing!
As long as they are responsible I would rather them be in a group than out on the roads. You no if they made the legal drinking age 18 it probly wouldn't be as fun anymore cause then they can legally do it.
Join the youth group at King Street Church.
Molly R

Stephens City, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2008

Jessica wrote:
<quoted text>
The same thing happens at bars.
It sure does and it's very unfortunate. However, the situation at hand has to do with underage drinking, and many people on this forum are making light of the situation. The people that say "oh they're just a bunch of kids having fun" would probably change their opinions if one of these fun-loving kids hurt one of their family members. By the way, it's not okay when it happens at bars either.
Jessica

Orrtanna, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

Molly R wrote:
<quoted text>
It sure does and it's very unfortunate. However, the situation at hand has to do with underage drinking, and many people on this forum are making light of the situation. The people that say "oh they're just a bunch of kids having fun" would probably change their opinions if one of these fun-loving kids hurt one of their family members. By the way, it's not okay when it happens at bars either.
Oh I know its not okay. That's why I always take a DD with me.

I'm just saying it happens there to. Age doesn't always have something to do with the situation.
Coppy

Manahawkin, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

cburg wrote:
<quoted text>
You gotta be kidding or at least 65 years old with no rememberance of what it was like when you were 18-20 years old. I lived beside a college fraternity and when they had parties they didn't care what they did to my property or where they went to the bathroom or where they "laid" their girlfriends.
Gee, you sound like the grumpiest old man on Earth!

Yes, I am making "light" of this situation, because no one was hurt and nothing got out of hand. So why speculate about would "could" happen? Again, what makes an 18-20 year old any less likely to do something stupid while drinking than someone over 21?

The answer is NOTHING. What an 18-20 year old can do is get drafted and go to war, fight for your freedom. Oh, but when they drink, they're all just dumb teenagers just waiting to trash that old guy's lawn.

It's so sad the perception adults have of young people... you're not going to be believe this, but they're not ALL worthless.
HowDryIam

Barnegat, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

Praise the Lord. Atleast they were using a legal socially acceptable drug. This is the same drug promoted and used by most of society. Thank God they were not smoking that evil weed. Drink up!

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

Judge not lest ye be judged.
Jim Nasium

Dover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

cburg wrote:
<quoted text>
You got to watch their girlfriends get laid and your complaining?? I could turn off my internet if I lived over there.
CaptainAmerica

Manahawkin, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

Laws are laws. They shouldn't have been doing it.

Underage drinking leads to more than just drunk driving. It leads to drunk, irresponsible sex, and BABIES.

This sort of thing is exactly why the white trash population of Waynesboro is out of control. They are getting drunk and breeding like animals.

Sad but true.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mount Holly Springs Discussions

Search the Mount Holly Springs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 3 hr Eddie Swindell 51,202
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 10 hr tom the con artist 3,832
50-unit senior housing apartment building plann... Jul 30 Shelly Slader 1
Locators, Inc. Is it a scam? (Feb '11) Jul 19 Teflon Don 28
Midstate woman denied coverage after being told... Jul 15 Karl Isle 1
Former Carroll Valley officer charged with corr... Jul 13 Steve Gratman 10
York County man accused of assaulting 7-year-ol... Jun '14 Anonymous 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

Mount Holly Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000