Tom

Riverside, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2012

Conrail freight train in the middle of the night blow a whistle too much in Burlington wakes people in the night. It was a lot of complains to the city and other oficials nobody dont know how to solve this problem.This is basic solution- install railway dams on some intersections and create,, quiet zones,,.What do you think ?.
Dale

Clementon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2012

When you move to an area that has trains nearby, you have NO grounds to complain about the noise.The trains are noisy,but nessecary to deliver products and have been there longer than people,who could have chosen ANYWHERE to live. Railway Dams will not work because they only buffer the noise where they are used,and you cant install noise barriers the entire length of railway.
Tom

Trenton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2012

Hey Dale,

I've lived in the same place in Burlington for 38 years and they didn't start obnoxiously blowing the whistle at 3am every night until a couple months ago. Blowing the whistle in 20 second spurts over and over is ridiculous. I'm almost a mile away but with a whistle that loud it wakes people up anyway.

Before you make a comment, make sure you know what you are talking about.
Dale

Blackwood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2012

First,you ask people what they think about your idea, than when you get a response, you tell them they dont know what they are talking about. Get a life! Either move or get over it! There aint no solution cause the train is doing what it's suppose to!
Neighbor

Merchantville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2012

As Iam sure you`ve noticed ,there is a train SCREAMING through our neighborhood(BURLINGTON) in the middle of the night 1 am ,3am ,sometimes 4am .And I`m sure that you,like us,have had about all you can take!!!Won`t you please join us in contacting our state senators and Representatives so that we can rally behind an effort to reclaim the peace and quiet of the sleep time in our town .TOGETHER ,LET`S TAKE BACK THE PEACE.
NoBlinders

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

They been blowing that train whistle for the last 40 years since I've been around, now all of a sudden its a problem? To say they just started doing that is a flat out lie!!!!!! Move closer to the airport, those planes never fly!!!smh
angry

Willingboro, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

That Conrail train does not have to be that loud!!! There's working people that need sleep. The traffic at that time is not bad and every intersection has a signal light. It's crazy.!!!!!!!
bumper 2014

Columbus, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

angry wrote:
That Conrail train does not have to be that loud!!! There's working people that need sleep. The traffic at that time is not bad and every intersection has a signal light. It's crazy.!!!!!!!
I completely agree! I have the riverline literally feet from my house. When they blow the whistle its isnt half as loud as the Conrail one. I wouldnt even mind it so much if they didnt blow it literally every 2 minutes and in short very loud bursts all night long. Its constant at night and like someone outside your bedroom blowing a hand held airhorn every few minutes while you attempt sleep. Last night the trains must not have been running or the horn blower had the night off, and I actually had a few hours uninterrupted sleep! I could understand the argument that the trains have been here longer then me, however typewriters have been around longer then me, as well, and with technology comes the time when some updates are needed. This horn reaches a far far distance. You cant escape it in this area.
bumper 2014

Columbus, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

As a side, I live in Bordentown, so we are getting it up here, too. Its not a matter if "just dont move there" the trains are not even near us. You wouldnt even know about the noise unless it was late night. Im fine with the riverline, but their horns are cake next to the Conrail ones.
Tom

Trenton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2014

A lot of people complain about this noise, people cannot sleep ,Conrail started blow a horn a few years ago since this time It was a lot complains not just only in Bordentown they were everywhere , Conrail don't have to use so loud 100 db horn and ,,torture ,, people in the night ,maybe some regulation need to be change !!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mount Holly Discussions

Search the Mount Holly Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Whats miley cyrus's real phone number (Jan '08) Fri anaiya 643
Obama wants forced integration to White neighbo... (Jul '13) Fri wake up call 40
NBC calls Obama a lier! (Oct '13) Fri wake up call 58
W'boro man shot 4 times Jul 6 The Man 1
Dow down 300 points on Obama re-election (Nov '12) Jul 3 Steve 15
Camden family to be featured on 'Extreme Makeov... (Aug '07) Jul 3 cindy 114
Who should play Aaliyah? Jun 29 Boro Pride N Joy 2
•••
•••

Mount Holly News Video

•••
•••

Mount Holly Jobs

•••