Recreation Center Name is being changed!

Recreation Center Name is being changed!

Posted in the Mount Holly Forum

Since: Apr 12

Willingboro, NJ

#1 Aug 10, 2014
So the town council has recently decided that the John F. Kennedy Center shall be renamed as the Barack Obama Center. As much love and appreciation I may have for our president, as appreciative I am for just about anyone willing to even take on the role of president... No.... just no... It's not like he means anything really personal to the history of this town... at least Kennedy has been here to speak before. I mean really... couldn't they just give him a road or something, if they're gonna name anything after him? And if the Kennedy Center MUST have a name change, how about Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, to make up for closing down the elementary school of the same name... I mean really... and the way they did it was rather sketchy too... Talking about wanting to be about "change" and what not... BULL! Hardly anything changes around here unless enough people get pissed off about something enough to try and fix it... Even the employees of the Kennedy Center are furious about this. Make sure you spread the word around! There will be a chance to talk about, and possibly stop this mess at the council meeting on September 2.
The Man

Merchantville, NJ

#2 Aug 10, 2014
I am nearly certain the name change will.....
Stop all the shootings in The Boro
End the high out of wedlock birth rate amongst Black woman.
Drastically improve the dismal school test scores.
I mean with so much wrong in the Boro and community at large, certainly this will help resolve those issues right?
You have made one big ass mistake here people. JFK was a legendary leader, Obama is our 1st Black president. You elected him based on skin color, you want to remove JFK from the buildings name and replace it with the most unpopular president since what? Truman?
MLK yes, Obama no.
Riley Parker

Willingboro, NJ

#3 Aug 10, 2014
It will be shot down on Sept 2, 2014, It will remain the Kennedy Center.

Since: Apr 12

Willingboro, NJ

#4 Aug 11, 2014
The worst part is how it happened... it wasn't even on the agenda for that meeting to consider this name change. One of the councilmen just brought it up last minute and after it was seconded they immediately voted on it. From what I've heard the vote was like 3 to 1 or something like that. And the Kennedy Center definitely did just pay for a bunch of renovations and improvements, including a nice new moniker that says "John F Kennedy Center"... at least a bit of warning and consideration would have been nice. All it takes is one phone call. "Hey you know how you're doing all those renovations? You might want to hold off on that new moniker for a bit. We're thinking of making a change." a call, an email, a memo... SOMETHING!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Holly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Retaliation arrest 20 hr Anonymous for now 1
what happened to willingboro ???????????? (Jul '07) Jul 26 Livin in Hell 859
Where are all of the posters? Jul 26 The Man 4
W'boro man charged in Pemberton stabbing,robbery Jun '15 The Man 1
W'boro store clerk cut during knife point armed... Jun '15 The Man 1
News The Barking Dog Inaugural Print Release Jun '15 waynev 1
these "firefighters" May '15 Derrik 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Holly Mortgages