Alan Dershowitz " Zimmerman case shou...

Alan Dershowitz " Zimmerman case should get thrown out by judge"

Posted in the Mount Holly Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
The Man

Pennsauken, NJ

#1 Jun 14, 2013
Aimee

Willingboro, NJ

#2 Jun 15, 2013
A guy who says he would of defended Hitler and won the case!!!!! Sounds like a guy who knows how to kill and not stand trial due to loop holes. smh!!
The Man

Pennsauken, NJ

#3 Jun 15, 2013
If the evidence doesn't fit you must acquit!
Zimmerman may walk a free man. Question is will American cities burn?

Since: Jan 08

Willingboro, NJ

#4 Jun 15, 2013
The Man wrote:
If the evidence doesn't fit you must acquit!
Zimmerman may walk a free man. Question is will American cities burn?
It's laughable how you like to change the arguement. We were always arguing he should be charged and stand trial. The outcome is not at issue. He went home with no charges and left a dead kid in his wake that was the entire point. You missed it then and miss it now. Guilty or innocent in the end matters less to me then him actually being charged and tried. In America you can't just chase someone down then kill them without your day in court.
The Man

Pennsauken, NJ

#5 Jun 15, 2013
Yes he defended himself against a hooded thug who broke his nose and was slamming his head into a concrete sidewalk. Zimmerman's injuries are consistent with his story. You miss the point. Bringing charges when there is no evidence to support a 2nd degree murder conviction.
Let us not forget the Jena 6. When they were charged with beating a white kid there was outrage in the black community. So don't give me that it's all about justice crap.
It is about a white man or at least somebody perceived as white killing a black.
There is a long history in the black community of standing up for their own no matter the evidence.
Tookie, Mumia, O.J. etc.
bill

Conshohocken, PA

#6 Jun 15, 2013
It will be a long hot summer in da hood! You know they will get upset and burn their own neighborhood down!
Aimee

Willingboro, NJ

#7 Jun 15, 2013
bill wrote:
It will be a long hot summer in da hood! You know they will get upset and burn their own neighborhood down!
Actually it will be a long hot stay for Zimmerman behind bars!

Since: Jan 08

Willingboro, NJ

#8 Jun 15, 2013
The Man wrote:
Yes he defended himself against a hooded thug who broke his nose and was slamming his head into a concrete sidewalk. Zimmerman's injuries are consistent with his story. You miss the point. Bringing charges when there is no evidence to support a 2nd degree murder conviction.
Let us not forget the Jena 6. When they were charged with beating a white kid there was outrage in the black community. So don't give me that it's all about justice crap.
It is about a white man or at least somebody perceived as white killing a black.
There is a long history in the black community of standing up for their own no matter the evidence.
Tookie, Mumia, O.J. etc.
Hooded thug lol wearing a hood in the rain. Yea that's totally suspect activity. I remember after one of these "hoodie thug" statements I went to shop rite and looked at all the people of every race wearing hoodies.

Zimmerman hunted down and challenged Martin. Since Martin got he better of him he hot and killed him.

If we get in a fight and I hit you and you hit the ground and die I go to jail. Since when is that not the case? Zimmerman got wht he wanted he got to shoot and kill. He go out of his car. He was armed. He gave chase. He assaulted an officer. He beat his wife. He lied about his finances. If Trayvon was Tom Martin killed by Tyrone black and everything else was the same we all know you would be arguing the other side of the issue. You bring up race in everything. It's shows how limited you are when it comes to reasoning.

Since: Apr 12

Riverton, NJ

#9 Jun 15, 2013
The Man wrote:
Yes he defended himself against a hooded thug who broke his nose and was slamming his head into a concrete sidewalk. Zimmerman's injuries are consistent with his story. You miss the point. Bringing charges when there is no evidence to support a 2nd degree murder conviction.
Let us not forget the Jena 6. When they were charged with beating a white kid there was outrage in the black community. So don't give me that it's all about justice crap.
It is about a white man or at least somebody perceived as white killing a black.
There is a long history in the black community of standing up for their own no matter the evidence.
Tookie, Mumia, O.J. etc.
In this case I can only speak for myself, not for all black people.

I don't give a flying fart about whether or not Zimmerman is convicted or not, the fact remains that he killed someone and no one should be allowed to take a life and not stand trial, by my morals. I don't think he intended for them to fight, or to kill the kid... I think it was stupid misunderstanding and paranoia on both ends that lead to their altercation, so I'm fairly sure that 2nd degree charges aren't gonna stick... 3rd might've, involuntary manslaughter more likely... 2nd degree murder? No..

On the Jena 6, do you know what the protests were actually about? It wasn't just about those 6 boys. Yes...Many were out there thinking that given the circumstances, charging them with attempted 2nd degree was a bit harsh... but the biggest problem was the context surrounding them. The racial tension and stupid stunts that angered them in the first place... They were still wrong for what they did, no doubt about that, so I personally had no real problem with their charges... No matter what's going on it doesn't change the fact that they let the tension and anger get the better of them and beat that poor kid. However the was so much that lead up to the incident... the nooses on the tree at school, the many previous fights, the arson, the mounting tension and hatred... There had been a few incidents beforehand in which people fought, or were jumped, or whatever and charges afterward did not exceed aggravated battery.(In many of these pointed out cases, the perpetrator was white). It was the fact that these 6 received chargers of such a higher degree, along with the already high racial tension and previous incidents, that convinced most of the black community that there was racial discrimination involved in their case... I however, noticed one crucial difference between this incident and the others... this was 6 on 1, the others were groups against groups, or at most 2-3 on 1... Also, in all of those other cases, there was a decent amount of clear provocation from both ends of the case. In the Jena 6 situation, the only reason reported was that they heard the kid tell a racist joke... While, given the atmosphere in Jena at the time, the joke, if it really happened, would have definitely been in poor taste, but that's no reason to lose your temper and fly off the handle like that... Now I DO think they were more angry and mob-like than actually planning to try and kill the boy... but they were still all kinds of foul for what they did... so in summation... I don't really care about their charges... though weren't they reduced anyway? Whatever...

As for the others that you mentioned...

I honestly didn't know who Tookie was until I looked him up just now... don't give a f***.

Mumia... while I can understand his circumstances... he was still wrong. Though a life-sentence DOES seem a tad severe... but yeah... having a hard time caring.

Forget being black, speaking as a woman, I feel OJ was guilty... but whatever, that's over... I no longer care.

Again... that's only speaking for myself...
The Man

Pennsauken, NJ

#10 Jun 16, 2013
Haruko57 wrote:
<quoted text>
In this case I can only speak for myself, not for all black people.
I don't give a flying fart about whether or not Zimmerman is convicted or not, the fact remains that he killed someone and no one should be allowed to take a life and not stand trial, by my morals. I don't think he intended for them to fight, or to kill the kid... I think it was stupid misunderstanding and paranoia on both ends that lead to their altercation, so I'm fairly sure that 2nd degree charges aren't gonna stick... 3rd might've, involuntary manslaughter more likely... 2nd degree murder? No..
On the Jena 6, do you know what the protests were actually about? It wasn't just about those 6 boys. Yes...Many were out there thinking that given the circumstances, charging them with attempted 2nd degree was a bit harsh... but the biggest problem was the context surrounding them. The racial tension and stupid stunts that angered them in the first place... They were still wrong for what they did, no doubt about that, so I personally had no real problem with their charges... No matter what's going on it doesn't change the fact that they let the tension and anger get the better of them and beat that poor kid. However the was so much that lead up to the incident... the nooses on the tree at school, the many previous fights, the arson, the mounting tension and hatred... There had been a few incidents beforehand in which people fought, or were jumped, or whatever and charges afterward did not exceed aggravated battery.(In many of these pointed out cases, the perpetrator was white). It was the fact that these 6 received chargers of such a higher degree, along with the already high racial tension and previous incidents, that convinced most of the black community that there was racial discrimination involved in their case... I however, noticed one crucial difference between this incident and the others... this was 6 on 1, the others were groups against groups, or at most 2-3 on 1... Also, in all of those other cases, there was a decent amount of clear provocation from both ends of the case. In the Jena 6 situation, the only reason reported was that they heard the kid tell a racist joke... While, given the atmosphere in Jena at the time, the joke, if it really happened, would have definitely been in poor taste, but that's no reason to lose your temper and fly off the handle like that... Now I DO think they were more angry and mob-like than actually planning to try and kill the boy... but they were still all kinds of foul for what they did... so in summation... I don't really care about their charges... though weren't they reduced anyway? Whatever...
As for the others that you mentioned...
I honestly didn't know who Tookie was until I looked him up just now... don't give a f***.
Mumia... while I can understand his circumstances... he was still wrong. Though a life-sentence DOES seem a tad severe... but yeah... having a hard time caring.
Forget being black, speaking as a woman, I feel OJ was guilty... but whatever, that's over... I no longer care.
Again... that's only speaking for myself...
So killing a cop and getting your death sentence commuted to life in prison is severe? What would you view as an appropriate sentence then?
bill

Blackwood, NJ

#11 Jun 17, 2013
enemy combatant wrote:
<quoted text>
It's laughable how you like to change the arguement. We were always arguing he should be charged and stand trial. The outcome is not at issue. He went home with no charges and left a dead kid in his wake that was the entire point. You missed it then and miss it now. Guilty or innocent in the end matters less to me then him actually being charged and tried. In America you can't just chase someone down then kill them without your day in court.
"The outcome is not at issue" They don't or shouldn't charge anyone until they feel there is enough evidence for a conviction. "Chase him down and kill him" were you there? The story is the kid doubled back on Zimmerman. He was watching Martin until he ran away. He was walking back to his truck when Martin confronted Zimmerman. Get your story straight then post.

Since: Apr 12

Riverton, NJ

#12 Jun 17, 2013
The Man wrote:
<quoted text>
So killing a cop and getting your death sentence commuted to life in prison is severe? What would you view as an appropriate sentence then?
Lol Just because I find it a tad severe doesn't mean I think it's wrong. I know they acted accordingly to the incident, precedence and what not. So I honestly don't care.

However, I tend to be quite a softee. I find life sentence with no parole a tad severe in general... Aside from like, mass murders and serial killers and stuff where the person is clearly too far gone to be helped. And I oppose the death sentence entirely... And has every person convicted of murder been given life with no parole? Also, looking at his situation and history, they should have required him to get therapy as well, have him do some community service too... you know.. give him SOME hope of reform and rehabilitation... Instead of life, set a long time period close in equivalence to the life sentence, with a small chance of reduction based on... I dunno, behavior, reports from therapists... evidence showing that he may be able to function properly in society again... Though to be honest... Looking at his history and the racism he lived with... He's clearly harboring major demons...his chances are slim at best...
Ex-Riversider

Orlando, FL

#13 Jun 17, 2013
enemy combatant wrote:
<quoted text>
It's laughable how you like to change the arguement. We were always arguing he should be charged and stand trial. The outcome is not at issue. He went home with no charges and left a dead kid in his wake that was the entire point. You missed it then and miss it now. Guilty or innocent in the end matters less to me then him actually being charged and tried. In America you can't just chase someone down then kill them without your day in court.
And your prejudice is already evident in saying "just chase someone down and kill them"
That is not what happened and you know it
Ex-Riversider

Orlando, FL

#14 Jun 17, 2013
enemy combatant wrote:
<quoted text>
Hooded thug lol wearing a hood in the rain. Yea that's totally suspect activity. I remember after one of these "hoodie thug" statements I went to shop rite and looked at all the people of every race wearing hoodies.
Zimmerman hunted down and challenged Martin. Since Martin got he better of him he hot and killed him.
If we get in a fight and I hit you and you hit the ground and die I go to jail. Since when is that not the case? Zimmerman got wht he wanted he got to shoot and kill. He go out of his car. He was armed. He gave chase. He assaulted an officer. He beat his wife. He lied about his finances. If Trayvon was Tom Martin killed by Tyrone black and everything else was the same we all know you would be arguing the other side of the issue. You bring up race in everything. It's shows how limited you are when it comes to reasoning.
Thats a lame statement- again, you are being judge, jury and executioner
The Man

Pennsauken, NJ

#15 Jun 17, 2013
"If we get in a fight and I hit you and you hit the ground and die I go to jail. Since when is that not the case? Zimmerman got wht he wanted he got to shoot and kill."
1. It is not necessarily true that you would automatically go to jail if you killed a person during a fight. Were you defending yourself with no option of retreat? Did I have a weapon or make threats? Any witnesses?
2. Zimmerman got what he wanted to shoot and kill.
And just how do you know with such certainty what he was thinking or what his intent was? Are you a mind reader or just confused about those pesky facts again?
The Man

Pennsauken, NJ

#16 Jun 17, 2013
Haruko57 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol Just because I find it a tad severe doesn't mean I think it's wrong. I know they acted accordingly to the incident, precedence and what not. So I honestly don't care.
However, I tend to be quite a softee. I find life sentence with no parole a tad severe in general... Aside from like, mass murders and serial killers and stuff where the person is clearly too far gone to be helped. And I oppose the death sentence entirely... And has every person convicted of murder been given life with no parole? of reform and rehabilitation... Instead of life, set a long time period close in equivalence to the life sentence, with a small chance of reduction based on... I dunno, behavior, reports from therapists... evidence showing that he may be able to function properly in society again... Though to be honest... Looking at his history and the racism he lived with... He's clearly harboring major demons...his chances are slim at best...
"Also, looking at his situation and history, they should have required him to get therapy as well, have him do some community service too.."
Ah yes therapy is indeed the answer in fact I have a few in mind.
1. Aroma therapy. place him inside an airtight chamber with a few pellets of sodium cyanide dropped into a vat of sulfuric acid.
2. Electro-shock therapy 2400 volts @ 9 amps. Repeat as needed.
3. Rope therapy a bit old fashioned but still a cure all for murderers.
4. The latest is chemical therapy, it works but just lacks nostalgia. No cool names or phrases like string him up, or have a seat and get ready to ride the thunderbolt. What can we call it? Old squirty?
And community service would be splendid. They could be used as fertilizer after the sentence is carried out.

Since: Apr 12

Riverton, NJ

#17 Jun 17, 2013
The Man wrote:
<quoted text>
"Also, looking at his situation and history, they should have required him to get therapy as well, have him do some community service too.."
Ah yes therapy is indeed the answer in fact I have a few in mind.
1. Aroma therapy. place him inside an airtight chamber with a few pellets of sodium cyanide dropped into a vat of sulfuric acid.
2. Electro-shock therapy 2400 volts @ 9 amps. Repeat as needed.
3. Rope therapy a bit old fashioned but still a cure all for murderers.
4. The latest is chemical therapy, it works but just lacks nostalgia. No cool names or phrases like string him up, or have a seat and get ready to ride the thunderbolt. What can we call it? Old squirty?
And community service would be splendid. They could be used as fertilizer after the sentence is carried out.
Ooh a flip-around, not too bad lol But silliness aside I'm sure you know what I mean. And I really don't like death sentence... Whatever happened to "thou shalt not kill" and all of that. We get mad at people for killing... so we kill them... ever hear of "two wrongs don't make a right"? It just seems really hypocritical and wrong to me. Again... that's just me... the legal system is what it is, and I can understand why, and while it's not perfect, it generally works well enough... so it's not like I'm gonna rally for any petitions... I might sign one if it's presented to me, but I don't care enough to start one...

Back to the topic on hand though. I honestly feel that Zimmerman had no REAL intent to kill that night... From all of the reports and articles I'd read, and I believe this may be the 4th or 5th time I'm saying this, but whatever... Both were paranoid, thinking that the other was suspicious, after they had lost track of each other, Martin doubled back, most likely hoping to get back to wherever he was trying to get to and thinking he'd lost the suspicious guy following him, they ended up meeting again, both believing they were followed, and confronted each other, Martin likely made the first move in a paranoid fear of attack (and because that's the kind of thing I'd expect from a teenager), Zimmerman fought back now fully believing that he was right about the kid being trouble, things happened and he ended up shooting the kid...

At best this is 3rd degree, or involuntary manslaughter, so the 2nd degree charge is likely not going to stick. While I don't know how everyone else is going to react, I'm just satisfied that he's gonna stand trial... fact still remains that one of his bullets ended a life. Someone said earlier in one of these threads that there wasn't enough evidence to charge him... what more do you need than one of his bullets in a dead body? At the very least hold onto the gun when you send him home. Can't it be evidence or something? Whatever, there's gonna be a trial. I'm happy.

Since: Jan 08

Willingboro, NJ

#18 Jun 17, 2013
bill wrote:
<quoted text>
"The outcome is not at issue" They don't or shouldn't charge anyone until they feel there is enough evidence for a conviction. "Chase him down and kill him" were you there? The story is the kid doubled back on Zimmerman. He was watching Martin until he ran away. He was walking back to his truck when Martin confronted Zimmerman. Get your story straight then post.
Enough evidence for a conviction? Ok let's check

1. Dead kid check
2. Suspect check
3. Murder weapon check
4. Established fact that suspect cause the death of another check
5. Suspect does not deny he caused the death check
They've gone to court with less and won

Chase him down and kill him ok let's see
1. Got out of his car against instructions check
2. Gave pursuit to soon to be victim check
3. Said victim is then dead on the street check
The story is the story Zimmerman told too bad he killed the only other eyewitness.

Really if Tyrone Williams killed Tom Martin you would have anything to say but skip the trial string him up. Face it your only concern is race not justice.

Since: Jan 08

Willingboro, NJ

#19 Jun 17, 2013
Just incase there was doubt lets not forget...

Reply ยป|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#2Feb 16, 2013

Judged:222
When they catch the fool a public execution should be held. That is so ghetto having a murderer,robber running loose through the neighborhood like an unleashed pit bull
Willingboro didn't used to be like that.
A true day of shame for Willingboro.

That's when the killer is black.
The Man

Pennsauken, NJ

#20 Jun 18, 2013
Once again your racial paranoia has gotten the best of you.
While our courts work under the presumption of innocence the gas station murder was caught on video, start to finish. Kind of hard to dispute what happened isn't it?
The Trayvon matter wasn't caught on video. And the eyewitnesses gave conflicting stories.
What do you think a cop would do if you were slamming somebodies head into a concrete sidewalk?
Trayvon was trying to do great harm or kill Zimmerman. This was beyond a fight, he was trying to kill/maim Zimmerman.
All the other stuff is mostly irrelevant. Once Zimmerman was on the ground getting his head bashed in, he had but one way to defend himself.
The stuff that happened before the actual fight just isn't as important as many think. If it was only a tussle or boxing match it would be a different story. Zimmerman's broken nose, grass stains on his back, wounds to the back of his head all point to his version of the story being correct. Zimmerman self identifies as Hispanic. If I was as racist as you claim why would I bother defending a non-white?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Holly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 from willingboro break into school 2 are 12 y... 20 hr bill 1
Anyone remember House on the Hill? (Sep '11) Fri alexis 12
Willingboro residents hold talks on multiple sh... Fri bill 6
2 from willingboro arrested with machine pistol... Aug 25 bill 1
Man shot in willingboro Aug 25 bill 1
News Con man ordered to pay $60,000 in restitution (Apr '11) Aug 22 Simone Stewart 2
what happened to willingboro ???????????? (Jul '07) Aug 15 Reluctant Resident 899

Mount Holly Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Holly Mortgages