Willingboro Pools Now Open Every Day!

Willingboro Pools Now Open Every Day!

Posted in the Mount Holly Forum

Since: Apr 12

Riverton, NJ

#1 Jul 1, 2013
Just announcing the pools being open full time now, instead of just the weekends. Same as last year, daily admission is $3, you can buy a 7-day pass for $15, and season pass is $60 for adults, $30 for children. Family pack (2 adult, and 3 children) costs $150. Gate guard is only selling tags at the pool gate from noon - 4pm. Other than that, passes are sold at the Kennedy Center, open from 9am-5pm. Swim lessons will be starting soon as well, ask about the programs at the Kennedy Center, or, if you are interested in private lessons, some of the life guards offer them, so you can just ask around the pool deck.

Since: Jan 08

Willingboro, NJ

#2 Jul 1, 2013
Damn I remember when the pools were free and we got those cool badges. Badges had different colors for adults, teens and kids. I think the kids was a guppy badge. I never made it to an adult badge :( so I could swim at "adult swim". Is country club still open for night swimming?

Riverton, NJ

#3 Jul 1, 2013
enemy combatant wrote:
Damn I remember when the pools were free and we got those cool badges. Badges had different colors for adults, teens and kids. I think the kids was a guppy badge. I never made it to an adult badge :( so I could swim at "adult swim". Is country club still open for night swimming?
I heard that due to budget cuts and under-staffing, not to mention the extremely low turn-out, adult swim has been cut this year.. I think it's only once or twice a week now... if at all. They tried this last year, and when the complaints came in at the office, they changed their minds. I think they'll be bringing back the occasional Saturday night "parties" again this year... It was fairly popular with teens the last couple years. The night swimming you're referring to, however, has been gone for ages. The high-dive was removed for safety and liability reasons not too long after that. With the added budget saved by cutting the hours, we reopened penny packer pool, and built a small spray park there for the little ones. The swim teams are no more too... registration for it is opened every year, but not enough people ever sign up for that, so it never happens... it's too bad... A couple years back, Kendall and Jimmy tried to reinvest in the idea and bought starting blocks, that just sat collecting dust in the shed. The office tends to wait until the last minute to tell us exactly what functions are happening when though... When they decide in the office to have the Saturday night functions, the rest of us usually find out about a week before... then they wonder why we're often understaffed at these events.

Also it's been decades since the pool was free... My whole life there was a $2 daily fee, until a couple years ago when it was bumped up another dollar.

Since: Jan 08

Willingboro, NJ

#4 Jul 2, 2013
Guess I'm showing my age lol

Well there is the problem of not enough kids. I remember when all the schools and all the pools were open and full

Riverton, NJ

#5 Jul 2, 2013
enemy combatant wrote:
Guess I'm showing my age lol
Well there is the problem of not enough kids. I remember when all the schools and all the pools were open and full
Without better turnouts for functions, we can't do much. Back when the pools were free, the money streamed in from the lessons, swim teams, diving teams, events, and added activities... Now all that's really left is swim lessons with SMALL class sizes, in the mornings, and the usual 6 ladies that come in for aqua-cise in the evenings... so entrance fees have been applied. I was really upset when the swim team stopped... they did that the year I was finally old enough to join. I was SOO looking forward to it. Apparently the turn-out for swim team was so low the previous summer, they decided to cut it.

It's horrible how little turn out there is for everything... So I decided I'd post about the pools at least... Though the entire recreation department is really hurting from poor turnout and lack of funding.

Riverton, NJ

#6 Jul 20, 2013
Rita's water ice is being sold at country club pool on the weekends as well. They just started doing this last Sunday, and they tell me they intend to be here every weekend for the rest of the season.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Holly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what happened to willingboro ???????????? (Jul '07) Jul 25 Twin Hills Resident 992
Mount Holly 1970s/Early 80s (Feb '15) Jul 19 Aimee Marder Miller 5
News Camden family to be featured on 'Extreme Makeov... (Aug '07) Jul 15 Klarisa 115
News Police seek help in search for missing Mount La... (Jan '15) Jun '17 FireyFellow44 8
The dissapearance of Celina Mays 12 of Willingb... Jun '17 Dude 2
Old Murder (Feb '08) May '17 SWAMPCOP79 45
respect the walmart cashiers! (Aug '09) May '17 Real idiot 54

Mount Holly Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Holly Mortgages