Come to America we will feed you!

Posted in the Mount Holly Forum

The Man

Pennsauken, NJ

#1 Jun 10, 2013

Since: Apr 12

Riverton, NJ

#2 Jun 10, 2013
Lol and was it necessary to add that part in the leaflet? But whatever. I can kinda see what they were trying to do. It's our biggest crutch when it comes to immigration, the children. When a young child is involved we can't decide what to do. Can't punish children because their parents are wrong. Essentially they said... We don't like you've come here illegally but while your here... take care of your children at least... We go really soft on families with young children. One of the biggest reasons we need immigration reform... Still, this leaflet was only given to Mexican Consulates within the country so it's not directly inviting people to come to this country strictly for the food "benefits"... though it's not like the people receiving this information aren't gonna contact buddies outside the country and extend such an invitation lol. Makes you feel bad for the many legal residents in this country who actually need the help and don't get it.
The Man

Pennsauken, NJ

#3 Jun 10, 2013
"Underlined and in boldface type, the document tells immigrants who are unlawfully in the United States that,'You need not divulge information regarding your immigration status in seeking this benefit for your children.'"
There is nothing to stop/hinder these programs rom feeding healthy adult illegal immigrants.

Since: Jan 08

Willingboro, NJ

#4 Jun 10, 2013
The Man wrote:
"Underlined and in boldface type, the document tells immigrants who are unlawfully in the United States that,'You need not divulge information regarding your immigration status in seeking this benefit for your children.'"
There is nothing to stop/hinder these programs rom feeding healthy adult illegal immigrants.
I think the translation is off by one word. It's "their" immigration status not "your". Lets face it these kids are going to be citizens like it or not. Just like saint Reagan amnestied illegals.
The Man

Pennsauken, NJ

#5 Jun 10, 2013
America doesn't need more cheap uneducated labor from third world countries does it?

Riverton, NJ

#6 Jun 10, 2013
The Man wrote:
America doesn't need more cheap uneducated labor from third world countries does it?
It certainly has enough fat-ass cheap and lazy slops willing to pay for them. And only the parents are cheap uneducated labor... the point in coming here is to build a better life for their children... in the more positive cases. The children get all of the real benefits.
The Man

Pennsauken, NJ

#7 Jun 10, 2013

Riverton, NJ

#8 Jun 10, 2013
The Man wrote:
I said, "in the more positive cases"... my point still stands. The basic idea is for each generation to be able to at least do slightly better than the last, and even without finishing high school, the children of Mexican immigrants still manage to be at least slightly better educated, and better able to work up from lower level positions, than their parents. And just because they have more potential, doesn't mean they have to live up to it. My point before is that the government tries to support that more optimistic idea of creating a better life for the children...

Riverton, NJ

#9 Jun 10, 2013
How does the saying go? "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink." Just because the children have these benefits that their parents did not have available to them, doesn't mean they're going to take them.
The Man

Pennsauken, NJ

#10 Jun 10, 2013
Our immigration policy has become a burden to America in many cases.
In the past it was loosened to allow immigrants in to settle lands work in factories etc.
We don't need more cheap labor driving wages down for Americans. We need Engineers, Doctors, scientists etc. to maintain our global edge.
If you import the third world you become the third world. The immigrants from China, S.Korea are the ones we need. People who believe in education and have culture of honesty and integrity.

Riverton, NJ

#11 Jun 10, 2013
The Man wrote:
Our immigration policy has become a burden to America in many cases.
In the past it was loosened to allow immigrants in to settle lands work in factories etc.
We don't need more cheap labor driving wages down for Americans. We need Engineers, Doctors, scientists etc. to maintain our global edge.
If you import the third world you become the third world. The immigrants from China, S.Korea are the ones we need. People who believe in education and have culture of honesty and integrity.
Yes... because that doesn't contradict our whole, "melting pot" "land of opportunity for all" image. I would much rather we import greatness rather than work on cultivating our own... forget proper legislation, community programs, and every ESL teacher out there. Forget all of the people from these 3rd world countries who DO use the proper channels and make good progress over time. Rather than fixing the bugs in this system, lets just dump it and pick who comes here solely by how much we can benefit from them... Forget refugees looking for a place safer than where they're from... Let them just go to Canada... Canada's only real policy on immigration is that the immigrant doesn't have a criminal record, not to mention that their immigration process is one of the few things that Canada actually has their things together on... In Fact Canada has advertisements all over asking visitors to stay.(No lie, it's on the sides of buses and everything lol.)
The Man

Pennsauken, NJ

#12 Jun 10, 2013
Now your talking, open the flood gates! Import the whole country of Somalia! Nobody is safe there right? And how about North Korea? Iran? Haiti? Aren't they oppressed and/or the poor huddled masses? Same for the whole country of Mexico just let them walk right in.

Riverton, NJ

#13 Jun 10, 2013
The Man wrote:
Now your talking, open the flood gates! Import the whole country of Somalia! Nobody is safe there right? And how about North Korea? Iran? Haiti? Aren't they oppressed and/or the poor huddled masses? Same for the whole country of Mexico just let them walk right in.
Sure... if they all go through the proper legislated channels. If they do it right, then there shouldn't be a problem... although our current immigration process is very easily bogged... some people might not live long enough to see their families approved for the move.
The Man

Pennsauken, NJ

#14 Jun 11, 2013
Great! And after those 50 million+ are here we can feed and house them right? I mean we are the big melting pot so just let em in.

Riverton, NJ

#15 Jun 11, 2013
The Man wrote:
Great! And after those 50 million+ are here we can feed and house them right? I mean we are the big melting pot so just let em in.
Lol I DO hope that you're just using reductio ad absurdum like I was and it's not that you really don't get what I'm saying do you...

When the proper channels are used, generally, things go well... However our system allows for too many loopholes and unfair tactics... For example many parents who come here illegally use their children as a crutch against the governments feeble attempts to oust them. However, all of those who follow the rules, and do what they're supposed to do, find a job and place to live before coming, or while here on a visa, like they are supposed too... then going through the full application process... sure it takes much longer, but they'll be fine... My grandma spent YEARS going through the proper processing to come here from Jamaica, and she lived in the same house and worked the same teaching job in NYC ever since. She retired at 72 and spends her time volunteering at her church. At no point did she go on welfare, and at no point did she ask for something for nothing. When they go through the proper channels, many have a home and a job aligned for when they come, so little to no added federal aid needed... when it's done right. The process takes a long time, but those who do it right have much higher success rates once here than those who don't.

But yeah, we can both dick around all week with this reductio ad absurdum... It's fun.
The Man

Pennsauken, NJ

#16 Jun 12, 2013
We don't want or need people like Obama's Aunt coming here and becoming parasites to the taxpayers do we? Wouldn't you think with the money he and his wife made over the years they would help her? Instead taxpayers are left holding the bag.

Riverton, NJ

#17 Jun 12, 2013
The Man wrote:
We don't want or need people like Obama's Aunt coming here and becoming parasites to the taxpayers do we? Wouldn't you think with the money he and his wife made over the years they would help her? Instead taxpayers are left holding the bag.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =QHoAuk76fT8XX
Ugh... the aunt again... I'd rather not rehash that argument. You already got my opinion on her over a year ago... Here I even went back and found the thread for you.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/willingboro-n...
The Man

Pennsauken, NJ

#18 Jun 12, 2013
Haruko57 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol I DO hope that you're just using reductio ad absurdum like I was and it's not that you really don't get what I'm saying do you...
When the proper channels are used, generally, things go well... However our system allows for too many loopholes and unfair tactics... For example many parents who come here illegally use their children as a crutch against the governments feeble attempts to oust them. However, all of those who follow the rules, and do what they're supposed to do, find a job and place to live before coming, or while here on a visa, like they are supposed too... then going through the full application process... sure it takes much longer, but they'll be fine... My grandma spent YEARS going through the proper processing to come here from Jamaica, and she lived in the same house and worked the same teaching job in NYC ever since. She retired at 72 and spends her time volunteering at her church. At no point did she go on welfare, and at no point did she ask for something for nothing. When they go through the proper channels, many have a home and a job aligned for when they come, so little to no added federal aid needed... when it's done right. The process takes a long time, but those who do it right have much higher success rates once here than those who don't.
But yeah, we can both dick around all week with this reductio ad absurdum... It's fun.
And with the current high unemployment just where pray tell will all these immigrants work? Isn't Black unemployment something over 10%? Shouldn't we take care of our own?

Since: Jan 08

Willingboro, NJ

#19 Jun 12, 2013
The Man wrote:
<quoted text>
And with the current high unemployment just where pray tell will all these immigrants work? Isn't Black unemployment something over 10%? Shouldn't we take care of our own?
Immigration is net zero. Stop the fear mongering.

Omfg now you want to take care of black people? Your eyes must have burn out after you mistyped that.

Riverton, NJ

#20 Jun 12, 2013
The Man wrote:
<quoted text>
If they go through the right channels, then the lack of work would bar them from coming to stay... problem solved...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Holly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what happened to willingboro ???????????? (Jul '07) 12 hr Millbrook Resident 970
Old Murder (Feb '08) Sun SWAMPCOP79 45
respect the walmart cashiers! (Aug '09) May 15 Real idiot 54
Millbrook Mustangs Apr 23 ghhghgg 4
Anybody know the story behind Holiday Lake? (May '06) Apr '17 susiiemom 329
News Riverside, NJ Council Passes Illegal Immigrant ... (Jul '06) Apr '17 Riverside resident 177
When will verizon FIOS come to Mount Laurel? (Apr '09) Apr '17 Rich 14

Mount Holly Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Holly Mortgages