The national debt explained in household terms

Posted in the Mount Holly Forum

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of61
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
bill

Toughkenamon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Feb 25, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

And if they pay more taxes don't you think they will just pass it on to us? Maybe if corporate taxes were not so high they would stay in this country. Look at all the expensive sneakers and ask yourself why they are not made here. Why are so many so called american cars made in mexico. Go ahead make it expensive to do business here see what happens.

Since: Jan 08

Willingboro, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Feb 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

bill wrote:
And if they pay more taxes don't you think they will just pass it on to us? Maybe if corporate taxes were not so high they would stay in this country. Look at all the expensive sneakers and ask yourself why they are not made here. Why are so many so called american cars made in mexico. Go ahead make it expensive to do business here see what happens.
That would hold water if the facts backed it up. I still go back to my GE example. They paid zero effective taxes. Every year they paid less nd less in taxes, they did not lower prices and they didn't expand their workforce. In fact every year they laid off more workers.

If you want to make sneakers for $2 a day with no righs as a worker go ahead. Corporate greed means they must make more profit year after year. Not the same, more.
The Man

Merchantville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Feb 25, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

"That would hold water if the facts backed it up."
Then you had better hurry up and tell this guy!

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-02-22...
He wants to both lower tax rates and eliminate loop holes.
"If you want to make sneakers for $2 a day with no righs[sic] as a worker go ahead. Righs? R.I.F.
And did I ever say or imply that I wanted to work overseas for $2 a day?
"Corporate greed means they must make more profit year after year. Not the same, more." Yes a growing business means a growing eonomy. Do you think people start businesses to lose money? Your disdain for our capitalist way of life is really showing. Move to Cuba and see the wonders of Socialism for yourself.

Since: Jan 08

Willingboro, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Feb 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Man wrote:
"That would hold water if the facts backed it up."
Then you had better hurry up and tell this guy!
http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-02-22...
He wants to both lower tax rates and eliminate loop holes.
"If you want to make sneakers for $2 a day with no righs[sic] as a worker go ahead. Righs? R.I.F.
And did I ever say or imply that I wanted to work overseas for $2 a day?
"Corporate greed means they must make more profit year after year. Not the same, more." Yes a growing business means a growing eonomy. Do you think people start businesses to lose money? Your disdain for our capitalist way of life is really showing. Move to Cuba and see the wonders of Socialism for yourself.
Please explain how GEs corporate tax can go lower. They paid less and less now pay nothing. Yes the corporate tax rate is high but what u miss is who's actually paying it? After loopholes GE doesn't pay 30% they pay zero. Yes if you close all the loopholes then you can lower the rate that is possible but just screaming the rate is high is intellectually dishonest because they don't actually pay it.

Well u made the sneaker example. In order to make more profits every year that's what Nike I guess needs to do. You take things to the extreme again. They don't have to lose money but trying to make every cent with no conscience is whole different ball game. If profits are 10% this year they must be 12% next etc... Once they have maximized profit then they must do things like move to a country where they can save all that labor cost. Now profits can continue to rise. They feel no loyalty to the country that made them they are only beholden to stock holders and profit is the only concern.

I have no distain for capitalism. I guess you don't see any problems and to do so means you're a socialist. Actually Isnt Cuba communist? Dont you mean France?
Jerseyboy for life

Elkhart, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Feb 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Are any Obama zombies awaking from his spell yet?.Are things getting better yet?Are your taxes, if you pay any getting "smaller"?...I read where the AFL-CIO wants to get out from under "Obamacare".His agenda is creeping slowly into our lives,and there are a lot of unhappy campers...Already companies are closing,laying off and moving to Mexico.We had a plant "unionized"just laid off for good its employees,and moving to "M E X I C O "...Gee!!, what a slap in the chops for all those loyal "Union worker"who are so loyal to the Damnedocrat Party...Is gasoline falling,or rising to the four dollar amount, Obama promised before his first four year destruction of our Nation, by this Marxist empty suit "Hoax"called Obama.If President Ocommiebama ever stops campaining,maybe things might get done.He isn't helping the economy flying all over the Nation selling his bills of no-goods!...Obama is a Socialist straight up!!,he has no vision for America other then doom and gloom,he is the Prince of D O O M.... the Anti-Christ....
The Man

Merchantville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Feb 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

"Please explain how GEs corporate tax can go lower. They paid less and less now pay nothing. Yes the corporate tax rate is high but what u miss is who's actually paying it? After loopholes GE doesn't pay 30% they pay zero. Yes if you close all the loopholes then you can lower the rate that is possible but just screaming the rate is high is intellectually dishonest because they don't actually pay it."
I am not a tax lawyer,I don't even play one on T.V.
However,there is a man who thinks very highly of Jeffrey Immelt the Chairman of the board at G.E.
In fact he was but in charge of the jobs council.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/g...
Puting Immelt in charge of creating jobs is like puting Jeffrey Dahmer in charge of the school lunch program. Just what was he thinking?

Since: Jan 08

Willingboro, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Feb 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Man wrote:
"Please explain how GEs corporate tax can go lower. They paid less and less now pay nothing. Yes the corporate tax rate is high but what u miss is who's actually paying it? After loopholes GE doesn't pay 30% they pay zero. Yes if you close all the loopholes then you can lower the rate that is possible but just screaming the rate is high is intellectually dishonest because they don't actually pay it."
I am not a tax lawyer,I don't even play one on T.V.
However,there is a man who thinks very highly of Jeffrey Immelt the Chairman of the board at G.E.
In fact he was but in charge of the jobs council.
http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/g...
Puting Immelt in charge of creating jobs is like puting Jeffrey Dahmer in charge of the school lunch program. Just what was he thinking?
Did you think you were breaking news? The response doesn't fit. Oh I see they both contain the words GE.

Let me know where you're going next. We were talking taxes but now you want to talk about the jobs council because I used GE as an example of corporations using loopholes not to pay any taxes. Well I guess when you're wrong you will attempt any connection of 2 things not connected to distract.

Since: Jan 08

Willingboro, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Feb 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

By the way you never answered... Who do we owe our debt to?

Since: Jan 08

Willingboro, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Feb 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Jerseyboy for life wrote:
Are any Obama zombies awaking from his spell yet?.Are things getting better yet?Are your taxes, if you pay any getting "smaller"?...I read where the AFL-CIO wants to get out from under "Obamacare".His agenda is creeping slowly into our lives,and there are a lot of unhappy campers...Already companies are closing,laying off and moving to Mexico.We had a plant "unionized"just laid off for good its employees,and moving to "M E X I C O "...Gee!!, what a slap in the chops for all those loyal "Union worker"who are so loyal to the Damnedocrat Party...Is gasoline falling,or rising to the four dollar amount, Obama promised before his first four year destruction of our Nation, by this Marxist empty suit "Hoax"called Obama.If President Ocommiebama ever stops campaining,maybe things might get done.He isn't helping the economy flying all over the Nation selling his bills of no-goods!...Obama is a Socialist straight up!!,he has no vision for America other then doom and gloom,he is the Prince of D O O M.... the Anti-Christ....
http://www.wndu.com/home/misc/450-Goshen-jobs...

Moving a profitable plant in order to make more profit. Illustrates my point. More is never enough. You don't keep your job as ceo if profits do not rise and rise by a specific percentage. Looked at several articles didn't find one with the company citing he affordable care act as contributing to the move. Why would it? They employ 450 union workers. Pretty sure they already offered benefits. Just a guess but exponentially more educated than yours.

I do remember when I worked in steel and bush raised the steel tarrif. Jobs were lost at the plant as a direct result, some operations moved to Mexico and the company out nd out said it was due to costs from the steel tarrif. Just so you know the difference between assumptions and facts.
The Man

Merchantville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Feb 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Perhaps it is a new concept to you. But the business of business is to make money.
How any people start a business to create jobs,give every employee a good wage,comply with all present and future laws,give every worker a good pension etc.
People start businesses to make money,lenders to these very businesses want to see a solid business plan that shows growth.
Manufacturing jobs have been fleeing this country since the early 70's. And for good reason. Many ouldn't survive by staying here.
The Man

Merchantville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Feb 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

enemy combatant wrote:
By the way you never answered... Who do we owe our debt to?
"We owe 2/3rds or so to ourselves. The S.S. trust fund has been plundered and is full of iou's.

Since: Jan 08

Willingboro, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Feb 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Man wrote:
<quoted text>
"We owe 2/3rds or so to ourselves. The S.S. trust fund has been plundered and is full of iou's.
Well at least you didn't say china, it's the federal reserve.

Btw ss runs at a surplus

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johntharvey/2011/...

http://blogs.reuters.com/david-cay-johnston/2...

*Disclaimer - Second one is an opinion piece

Since: Jan 08

Willingboro, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Feb 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Man wrote:
Perhaps it is a new concept to you. But the business of business is to make money.
How any people start a business to create jobs,give every employee a good wage,comply with all present and future laws,give every worker a good pension etc.
People start businesses to make money,lenders to these very businesses want to see a solid business plan that shows growth.
Manufacturing jobs have been fleeing this country since the early 70's. And for good reason. Many ouldn't survive by staying here.
Ok I guess we need simple terms.

I'm running a business and turning a 10% profits every year. I can make a 20% profit if I move to Mexico though. My business is making money, we can reinvest, employees make a good wage etc...moving to mexic though would put more cash in my pocket while ending the employment of the current employees.

The business is making money but the lure of MORE money instead of loyalty to workers or country will see the business in Mexico. It's not about survival it's about expanding profits.
The Man

Merchantville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Feb 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

"Btw ss runs at a surplus"
Funny,thats not what social security says...
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/social-securi...
And what pray tell do you tink will happen in the next few years as all the baby-boomers retire?
Jerseyboy for life

Elkhart, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Feb 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

National debt!,simple Government interference into the private sector.Over regulations,high taxes,epa making it tuff for companies to do business.The loss of major manufacturing due to too many Government stipulation on who companies can hire,how much to pay their workers etc.And now Obamacare taxing companies already struggling to survive.The Government has stripped companies out of the competition field,and now companies can't hire quality workers,because they are mandated to hire so many of these and those etc.Then these companies move out of the country.And we now have a Marxist in the Whitehouse, who thinks the answer to our economic woes is taxing the "rich"into poverty, to get us out of this nightmare economy.Well!, we all know that a collective society,compared to a supply side economy,has never worked.Even China knows that!....And her economy is growing at about three percent, to our barely one percent...Obama!,he thinks he invented socialism......
The Man

Merchantville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Feb 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

SS slipping closer to insolvency says trustees.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/apr/24/natio...

Since: Jan 08

Willingboro, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Man wrote:
SS slipping closer to insolvency says trustees.
http://articles.latimes.com/2012/apr/24/natio...
Key word is slipping. Did you read the article? They're talking about 2033 won't some of these evil baby boomers be dead by then? Total sarcasim about evil, since you must explain everything.
bill

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

What happened to the surplus e.c? Going broke in 20 years is a serious problem. Will you be trying to collect s.s. in 20+ years?
bill

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

So when you retire s.s. if full of iou's from other broke government departments.
Jerseyboy for life

Elkhart, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Constitution of the United States says that we the people can change our leaders,and I say Obama,Harry R,Nancy Polosi,John Kerry,need to go!!!.They are not looking out for the best interest of our Nation,and if these individuals remain at the helm,our Nation will parish.John Kerry is a "Traitor"who aided the North Vietnamese to continue fighting with his anti-American B/S during the Vietnam War.His testimony during the war, calling our troops butchers,and baby killers etc,gave the enemy the will to keep killing our troops,much like Jane Fonda.Want real recovery,clean out the Commies, who are running the show in Washington.......Then watch our ecomy rebound....Not going to happen with this bunch of Marxist.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of61
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Freeze Watch for Burlington County was issued at April 16 at 3:45AM EDT

•••
•••

Mount Holly News Video

•••
•••

Mount Holly Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Mount Holly People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••