First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tori

Charlotte, NC

#1 Jan 23, 2012
The logo Glen Nocik created features a simple M with a leaf, river and “connecting community and nature” slogan underneath.

Read more: http://www.gastongazette.com/articles/housing...

Just what are these people smokin and what are they doing spending $33,000 on this?

I just hope we get some new folks in city government who have a little class and taste. It seems at the momen we don't.
Sam Bass

Charlotte, NC

#2 Jan 24, 2012
Tori wrote:
The logo Glen Nocik created features a simple M with a leaf, river and “connecting community and nature” slogan underneath.
Just what are these people smokin and what are they doing spending $33,000 on this?
I just hope we get some new folks in city government who have a little class and taste. It seems at the momen we don't.
I could have made one much more professional for $300.lmao these people are freaking insane.What an insult to the taxpayer!!!!!!!!!!
Ronnie Cox

Charlotte, NC

#3 Jan 24, 2012
Have to agree Sam, what are these government officials doing with our tax money? Why even pay our taxes if they are going to waste it like this!
MHMH

Forest City, NC

#4 Jan 24, 2012
Ronnie Cox wrote:
Have to agree Sam, what are these government officials doing with our tax money? Why even pay our taxes if they are going to waste it like this!
Its a wonder they didnt put a EG for the Eden Group since they have gave them all of that money so they could duplicate the businesses we all ready have
Correction Officer

Charlotte, NC

#5 Jan 24, 2012
New $hitty Logo! Now that's better.33,000 reasons why good cents sense is hard to buy!Carry on!
Correction Officer

Charlotte, NC

#6 Jan 24, 2012
I can get them back on their feet and going for $1,200 at this point since they didn't take my first $300 offer to create a unique cutting edge logo. lmbohbo.My kid can do better than that.
Tonto

Charlotte, NC

#7 Jan 24, 2012
Right down below the M and the Catawba Feather it should say "HOW".WE need a unique way to greet all of the world class visitors we have in our fine city.What a better way to say hello in Mt. Holly?HoW!!!! How is Yall doin Kimosabe?We will be on the map then with a real business plan what a way to sell a logo!If you steal my idea.Well we will see.How!
Pullman

Charlotte, NC

#8 Jan 24, 2012
Why on earth does the Mount Holly Community Foundation, that's who runs this town, want everything in our town associated with that polluted Catawba River. The logo, the greenways, the Citizens Center?

Answer: Follow the Money.
Rachell

Charlotte, NC

#9 Jan 24, 2012
Tonto wrote:
Right down below the M and the Catawba Feather it should say "HOW".WE need a unique way to greet all of the world class visitors we have in our fine city.What a better way to say hello in Mt. Holly?HoW!!!! How is Yall doin Kimosabe?We will be on the map then with a real business plan what a way to sell a logo!If you steal my idea.Well we will see.How!
Hey that's what giving the WhiteWater Center a million of our tax dollars was supposed to do!

It is sinful how much money our town has wasted on special interests when there are so many in need.
donnie

Charlotte, NC

#10 Jan 24, 2012
Tori wrote:
Icing on the cake...The government officials in this town are a complete joke!
scarecrow

Charlotte, NC

#11 Jan 25, 2012
Pullman wrote:
Why on earth does the Mount Holly Community Foundation, that's who runs this town, want everything in our town associated with that polluted Catawba River. The logo, the greenways, the Citizens Center?
Answer: Follow the Money.
I found yellow bricks.
Bobby

Charlotte, NC

#12 Jan 25, 2012
Tori wrote:
They agreed to spend the 33k for an outside firm beause Greg Beal and Bryan Hough did not like what a group of civic leads came up with. If you add up all of the money that has been spent on outside firms since Beal and Hough have worked for the town, it would be well over a million dollars. And that does not include Whitewater. It will not stop folks. Greg Beal's ideal job is spending taxpayer dollars. Hough's dream job is selling insurance and employee benefit programs. His company is the one that has sold to the city of Mount Holly for more than a decade now.
Wanda

Charlotte, NC

#13 Jan 25, 2012
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
They agreed to spend the 33k for an outside firm beause Greg Beal and Bryan Hough did not like what a group of civic leads came up with. If you add up all of the money that has been spent on outside firms since Beal and Hough have worked for the town, it would be well over a million dollars. And that does not include Whitewater. It will not stop folks. Greg Beal's ideal job is spending taxpayer dollars. Hough's dream job is selling insurance and employee benefit programs. His company is the one that has sold to the city of Mount Holly for more than a decade now.
Thanks for the information Bobby. Wish you would pass this on to Amanda Memrick at the Gaston Gazette, would be an interesting story.

Do these men have no shame or ethics?
Bobby

Charlotte, NC

#14 Jan 26, 2012
Wanda wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the information Bobby. Wish you would pass this on to Amanda Memrick at the Gaston Gazette, would be an interesting story.
Do these men have no shame or ethics?
Wanda, all of this is very well known and recorded. The reporters have been told time after time. Reporters today do not do any research. They wait on stories to come to them so they hide behind the sources. Investigative reporting is a tag line on the TV news, but is not really done. That way they reduce their liability. These things are public records and can be verified. Joann has verified these facts in court and won. Another employee before her did the same thing. A lead detective was fired for not following in line with what Hough and city attorney wanted him to do. The city attorney wanted the detective to refrain from investigating the city attorney's wife for a felony. When he refused they trumped up charges against him caused him to resign. Just ask him. The same detective was investigating the case that Hope referred to him about city property being given away by city employees to their friends. The original city employee who blew the whistle was fired and then won his job back with damages. Tax payer dollars used to defend city officials who broke the law. This stuff is public record. And it was reported in the news papers, why did the people of Mount Holly re-elect Hough with this type of stuff on his record? Why does he still do the same stuff?
Karol

Charlotte, NC

#16 Jan 26, 2012
That's why Mount Holly is Mount Holly and the shape that it's in.

All of these people that live in the outlying areas do not vote, hardly anyone votes. I am afraid Mount Holly is doomed for a very long time, unless someone like the SBI gets involved and puts an end to the illegal goings on.
NDSBelief

Belmont, NC

#18 Jan 27, 2012
Karol wrote:
That's why Mount Holly is Mount Holly and the shape that it's in.
All of these people that live in the outlying areas do not vote, hardly anyone votes. I am afraid Mount Holly is doomed for a very long time, unless someone like the SBI gets involved and puts an end to the illegal goings on.
Karol, if you can get the SBI down, send them over to Cramerton as well....
Old Timer

Charlotte, NC

#19 Jan 27, 2012
The logo sucks and the town sucks.

What was wrong with the old logo? What gets me is, Mount Holly used to be a nice town. These Mount Holly Community Foundation Folks who think they could do it better than their parents are dead wrong.

New isn't always better.
ricky ray

Charlotte, NC

#20 Mar 7, 2012
Old Timer wrote:
What was wrong with the old logo? What gets me is, Mount Holly used to be a nice town. These Mount Holly Community Foundation Folks who think they could do it better than their parents are dead wrong.
New isn't always better.
It does suck old timer. Hough and his cronies have ruined this town. One day it will be found out how much this town is in debt and the chickens will come home to roost, as they say.
Sucks

Charlotte, NC

#21 Mar 14, 2012
Sucks
The Truth

Houston, TX

#22 Mar 15, 2012
Old Timer wrote:
New isn't always better.
And you don't have to be an old time to realize that Mount Holly did used to be a great town. Sure, shops like Time Flys and Caravan Coffee are nice to be sure, however Mount Holly is not a tourist town say like Hendersonville or Blowing Rock. These shops will only appeal to a very small segment of the population. The city should have offered Jones Brothers some kind of grant since they seem to be in the money giving away mode. Jones drew people to our downtown and so did the post office. I rarely go downtown unless I go to the bank. I get my stamps at the grocery store and never go to the post office. What were our elected officials thinking? I hate how Greg Beal and the ones in charge spend our money so freely.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Holly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jimbo from Intervention (Feb '11) Sun Deannamarie216 83
No Election posts? Nov 29 Moose Knuckle 12
Did you hear what happened at Friends? (Aug '16) Nov 28 secondshift 11
Bagel place in general Store? Nov 28 walkingmatilda 1
News Worker dies after being hit by bulldozer in Nor... Nov 22 poster 1
Crazy Nov 21 tareer 3
Demetrios Nov 18 local food 2

Mount Holly Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance