Now that the election is over.
realitycheck

Mount Holly, NC

#21 Nov 10, 2012
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>As far as NC, since we're on that list, we had more producers supporting Mitt than moochers supporting Barry show up at the polls, as did the rest of the red states on the list but as I pointed out, it only took two moocher states to cancel out the ten poorest states.
It has absolutely ZERO, to do with whether or not someone recieves government assistance. Plenty, of uneducated people, that recieve assistance, vote Republican, and supported Mitt Romney. Why? Because they're uneducated. They didn't care that he lied, that he flip-flopped, that he was consistently busted on his falsehoods (as was Ryan), they still voted for him. People vote against their best interest all of the time, due to being uninformed, and far too prideful to vote for the other guy, because they think that they have to strictly vote, how they've voted all of these years, in fear of "change". There will ALWAYS be someone who takes advantage of the system no matter what system is in place. I don't believe that anyone strives to rely on the government, unless they're just strictly lazy, and they completely exist, they always will.Even on assistance, you're still dirt poor.Don't give me the whole cell phone,iphone,excuse either, those pieces of crap only cost $1, and bills are pretty affordable these days.
The blantant ignorance,biggotry, and lack of education that I see on these boards, is no shocker to me. All you have to do is go to the local Walmart, and see the slew of obese,slack-jawed yokels, that are in fact below middle-class, and are just pissed off and envious, because they themselves, don't qualify for the assitance, that others do. Instead of bitching about it, how about mind your own business? Nothing is coming out of your pockets, in the manner that you imagine it is. I would say more so, your lack of writing skills, vocabulary, and social skills in general,are why you're so miserable.You're southern trash, and you give our state a bad name. He lost, because he was a cocky, middle-aged, man,that has NEVER done without,doesn't believe that women deserve equal pay, for equal work,and he discriminates against people for having a different lifestyle, and believes that imposing his religious beliefs upon others, is completely okay.It isn't. This is America. If you want to live in a country ruled by religion, then get the hell out of here. We have separation of church and state for a reason, and people are sick of it. The constitution, isn't a buffet. You can't can't just pick and choose what you want from it.People ignore the fact that the working poor exist, and in times like this, no one wants an arrogant business man, who can't keep track of his lies, running the country.They would rather have someone in office, that can personally relate to their struggles.
You're more or less butthurt, that an educated black man is in office, and you probably did good, just to get out of high school.Either better yourself so you're not so insecure, or shut the hell up.Oh, and incase you give me that Muslim, Kenya bullshit, HE'S FUCKING IRISH AND BLACK. Get over it, already. YOU LOST!
You have issues

Gastonia, NC

#22 Nov 11, 2012
in agreeance wrote:
<quoted text> That's actually quite an accurate assessment from my objective standpoint.Smart thinking!
Guess I need to pick a moniker and stick with it to make sure there is no confusing my comments with yours... "Bard".

There is much more to why good ole Mitt lost than just Tea Party pandering (that was only one factor).

Again, anyone know Curtis personally?
Agree

Gastonia, NC

#23 Nov 11, 2012
realitycheck wrote:
<quoted text>
It has absolutely ZERO, to do with whether or not someone recieves government assistance. Plenty, of uneducated people, that recieve assistance, vote Republican, and supported Mitt Romney. Why? Because they're uneducated. They didn't care that he lied, that he flip-flopped, that he was consistently busted on his falsehoods (as was Ryan), they still voted for him. People vote against their best interest all of the time, due to being uninformed, and far too prideful to vote for the other guy, because they think that they have to strictly vote, how they've voted all of these years, in fear of "change". There will ALWAYS be someone who takes advantage of the system no matter what system is in place. I don't believe that anyone strives to rely on the government, unless they're just strictly lazy, and they completely exist, they always will.Even on assistance, you're still dirt poor.Don't give me the whole cell phone,iphone,excuse either, those pieces of crap only cost $1, and bills are pretty affordable these days.
The blantant ignorance,biggotry, and lack of education that I see on these boards, is no shocker to me. All you have to do is go to the local Walmart, and see the slew of obese,slack-jawed yokels, that are in fact below middle-class, and are just pissed off and envious, because they themselves, don't qualify for the assitance, that others do. Instead of bitching about it, how about mind your own business? Nothing is coming out of your pockets, in the manner that you imagine it is. I would say more so, your lack of writing skills, vocabulary, and social skills in general,are why you're so miserable.You're southern trash, and you give our state a bad name. He lost, because he was a cocky, middle-aged, man,that has NEVER done without,doesn't believe that women deserve equal pay, for equal work,and he discriminates against people for having a different lifestyle, and believes that imposing his religious beliefs upon others, is completely okay.It isn't. This is America. If you want to live in a country ruled by religion, then get the hell out of here. We have separation of church and state for a reason, and people are sick of it. The constitution, isn't a buffet. You can't can't just pick and choose what you want from it.People ignore the fact that the working poor exist, and in times like this, no one wants an arrogant business man, who can't keep track of his lies, running the country.They would rather have someone in office, that can personally relate to their struggles.
You're more or less butthurt, that an educated black man is in office, and you probably did good, just to get out of high school.Either better yourself so you're not so insecure, or shut the hell up.Oh, and incase you give me that Muslim, Kenya bullshit, HE'S FUCKING IRISH AND BLACK. Get over it, already. YOU LOST!
RuPukes=angry white men
Marketing Professor

Gastonia, NC

#24 Nov 11, 2012
Curtis who?

Since: Jan 12

Belmont, NC

#25 Nov 11, 2012
You have issues wrote:
<quoted text>

There is much more to why good ole Mitt lost than just Tea Party pandering (that was only one factor).
There were indeed more factors to Mitt's loss other than just Tea Party pandering, but apparently most people who don't side with the Tea Party agree that it was the biggest one.

So what was the second biggest reason Mitt lost?
The Independent

Gastonia, NC

#26 Nov 11, 2012
The party of bitter old racists, Wall Street, homophobic bible-thumping fundagelicals & war hawks is wondering why they lost big.
They'll probably think it's because they weren't conservative enough.
Clueless Chicken

Gastonia, NC

#27 Nov 11, 2012
Who is Curtis and what is a widget kicker? If it's an ugly answer then I don't want to know.
Clueless Chicken

Gastonia, NC

#28 Nov 11, 2012
Never mind. I used Google on widget. Who is this Curtis man?
The Independent

Gastonia, NC

#29 Nov 11, 2012
Curtis Gaston probably. Everyone knows him....

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#30 Nov 11, 2012
realitycheck wrote:
<quoted text>
Although your rant was filled with talking points, the last two sentences showed your lack of intellect and maturity, which made the whole post irrelevant.
GOP needs a mirror

Gastonia, NC

#31 Nov 12, 2012
Focus groups??? Oh...COME ON.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/11/12/3...
Wowser

Jersey City, NJ

#32 Nov 14, 2012
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>As far as NC, since we're on that list, we had more producers supporting Mitt than moochers supporting Barry show up at the polls, as did the rest of the red states on the list but as I pointed out, it only took two moocher states to cancel out the ten poorest states.
You're right, White and on welfare voted for Romney. Damn Moochers!

Food-Stamps Rolls by Race (Fiscal Year 2012)

35.7% WHITES
22.0% BLACK
10.0% HISPANIC
03.7% NATIVE AMERICAN
02.4% ASIAN
18.9% UNKNOWN
JUST 4 U

New York, NY

#33 Nov 14, 2012
Wowser wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, White and on welfare voted for Romney. Damn Moochers!
Food-Stamps Rolls by Race (Fiscal Year 2012)
35.7% WHITES
22.0% BLACK
10.0% HISPANIC
03.7% NATIVE AMERICAN
02.4% ASIAN
18.9% UNKNOWN
Hispanics and blacks are what percent of the population? You are a real genius. Foolish people do foolish things or as Gump said stupid is as stupid does and stupid did vote obummer back in office. What an idiot to use that as an arguement!!!! Obummer voters open their mouth and remove all doubt!!!!
Wowser

Concord, CA

#34 Nov 14, 2012
JUST 4 U wrote:
<quoted text>
Hispanics and blacks are what percent of the population? You are a real genius. Foolish people do foolish things or as Gump said stupid is as stupid does and stupid did vote obummer back in office. What an idiot to use that as an arguement!!!! Obummer voters open their mouth and remove all doubt!!!!
Hey I'm agreeing with you, although I did vote for Obama, if I would of had a better choice than Mitt, I would of voted for someone else, but I really think Mitt would of done a worst job than Obama and there is no way I'd feel comfortible putting Ryan as back up President...Mitt would of won if he would just shut up and let the people vote for him...but he was horrible, he couldn't even manage a campaign, let alone the America. I can't believe they only gave us Romney to beat Obama, he's not perfect but he's way better than Romney will ever be.
United States of America

Concord, CA

#35 Nov 14, 2012
JUST 4 U wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude I think he's agreeing with you, but how unpatriotic you are to call your President names, you're so disrespectful and then to put your own fellow American down the way you do, because you perceived something incorrectly. It shows how horrible your life is, I hope things gets better for you.
JUST 4 U

New York, NY

#36 Nov 15, 2012
United States of America wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude I think he's agreeing with you, but how unpatriotic you are to call your President names, you're so disrespectful and then to put your own fellow American down the way you do, because you perceived something incorrectly. It shows how horrible your life is, I hope things gets better for you.
Or it shows just what a fool you are to have put odumbo back in office. You are a complete idiot!!!!!!!! The takers now out number the producers it is all bad for the next 4 years
JUST 4 U

New York, NY

#37 Nov 15, 2012
<quoted text>
this says it better than I ever could!!!!!
Quote from a European Newspaper

Some people have the vocabulary to sum up things in a way that you can quickly understand them. This quote came from the Czech Republic. Someone over there has it figured out. It was translated into English from an article in the Prague newspaper Prager Zeitungon

"The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools, such as those who made him their president."
United States of America

Concord, CA

#38 Nov 15, 2012
JUST 4 U wrote:
<quoted text>
this says it better than I ever could!!!!!
Quote from a European Newspaper
Some people have the vocabulary to sum up things in a way that you can quickly understand them. This quote came from the Czech Republic. Someone over there has it figured out. It was translated into English from an article in the Prague newspaper Prager Zeitungon
"The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America. ls should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools, such as those who made him their president."
Wow, you do understand that most people voted to re-elect Obama because he was the best choice out of the 2 fools that Americans had to choose from. Mitt would have been the worst choice! People want Obama out, but we don't want to re-elect someone that is worst than he is...Hello? God bless you man!

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#39 Nov 15, 2012
<quoted text>
Wow, you do understand that most people voted to re-elect Obama because he was the best choice out of the 2 fools that Americans had to choose from. Mitt would have been the worst choice! People want Obama out, but we don't want to re-elect someone that is worst than he is...Hello? God bless you man!
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-11-15/jobl...

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/11/15/cen...

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/...

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/lifestyle/20...

Ain't no do over folks; we're stuck with this incompetent narcissist for four more years. The Democrats counted on a stupid electorate and they weren't disappointed.
Bystander

United States

#40 Nov 15, 2012
Im just glad we arent stuck with romney/ryan for the next four years. If there had been someone much better for the country, republican or not, I wouldnt have hesitated in voting for him, but as it stands, the republican party did a horrible job in picking and presenting a candidate. Not to mention romneys presentation of himself was pretty horrific itself but it says alot that people would vote for obama, not because he was "the best" but "the only" option for those who couldnt risk a romney presidency. by the numbers,(which I should add was orchestrated by the republicans of congress by means of obstruction) obama shouldnt have won. Romney was just THAT BAD. you cant whine now. The republicans shoulda "put up" if their plans were really as great as they were trying to sell em and presented us with someone, something better than a romney/ryan ticket.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Holly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Belmont City Council Thu Derek Rumfelt 26
belmont food & beverage - q: what happened? Thu Roger Higgins 4
Wilbert Plastics Employee Injured Thu Tanker 3
South Point Athletic Director resignation Wed Whawhawha 13
So when is the ground breaking on the Harris Te... (Sep '14) Wed Rich in health 20
If Belmont world have stayed away from selling ... Aug 25 dear voters 13
Friday night football Aug 23 Stuttering John 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Holly Mortgages