Charlotte, NC

#1 Nov 9, 2012
Why did Mitt Romney lose?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#2 Nov 9, 2012
Confucius wrote:
Because the moochers outnumber the producers!
Voter

Charlotte, NC

#3 Nov 9, 2012
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text> Because the moochers outnumber the producers!
The top ten poorest states that get most of the social services money (the moochers) voted for Romney. Why is that do you think?
SAY IT ANT SO

Charlotte, NC

#4 Nov 9, 2012
Confucius wrote:
Tell us you weren't at the polls!
Bystander

Charlotte, NC

#5 Nov 9, 2012
the last sentence of a great article i read said, "its the ideology, stupid." lol. couldn't agree more.

Location hidden

#6 Nov 9, 2012
Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
The top ten poorest states that get most of the social services money (the moochers) voted for Romney. Why is that do you think?
Because a state is poor doesn't mean it contains the most moochers. For example, Mississippi, a red state, is a poor state and yes, they receive more federal money than they pay in taxes but California, a blue state, is wealthier than Mississippi but it's population is also 34 million more people. The city of Los Angeles has a larger population than the entire state of Mississippi! When you look at electoral votes, the to 10 poorest states, all red, have a combined total of 80 votes while Cal & NY carry 84 votes combined.
Plain Joe

Gastonia, NC

#7 Nov 10, 2012
1. Our country's moral climate is changing ( for the worse).
2. He picked Ryan and polarized the ticket.He pushed away seniors and independents.
3. He put his foot in his mouth and the media capitalized on it.
4. Republicans have been unwilling to work with democrats and the average American is tired of party politics. They are now seen as obstructionist.

I voted for Romney - but the above is the hard truth.

Since: Jan 12

Gastonia, NC

#8 Nov 10, 2012
As an independent, I blame the Tea Party for Mitt Romney's loss.

The Tea Party is the most active and vocal group of the Conservatives, and vote heavily in the primaries, so there is no way a candidate can receive the Republican nomination without pandering to their far right ideologies.

The Tea Party does well at local elections in conservative areas, and hence do very well at electing their candidates to the House. But once it gets to a state wide race, it becomes very difficult, hence they do not have much influence on the Senate.

Once it becomes a national race, it nigh upon impossible, and hence - Barak Obama won the Presidency...

In conclusion: The Tea Party is their own worst enemy.
in agreeance

Charlotte, NC

#9 Nov 10, 2012
Malcolm III wrote:
The Tea Party is the most active and vocal group of the Conservatives, and vote heavily in the primaries, so there is no way a candidate can receive the Republican nomination without pandering to their far right ideologies.
The Tea Party does well at local elections in conservative areas, and hence do very well at electing their candidates to the House. But once it gets to a state wide race, it becomes very difficult, hence they do not have much influence on the Senate.
Once it becomes a national race, it nigh upon impossible, and hence - Barak Obama won the Presidency...
That's actually quite an accurate assessment from my objective standpoint.Smart thinking!
it aiint about agreeing

Charlotte, NC

#10 Nov 10, 2012
Malcolm III wrote:
i disagree!! if you independent people would get your head out of your ass you could see it's your fault Mitt Romney lost.If you aren't good for a couple million votes to a real party and candidate get out of politics.You are wasting votes that are sinking US.
WAKE UP

Gastonia, NC

#11 Nov 10, 2012
it aiint about agreeing wrote:
<quoted text>i disagree!! if you independent people would get your head out of your ass you could see it's your fault Mitt Romney lost.If you aren't good for a couple million votes to a real party and candidate get out of politics.You are wasting votes that are sinking US.
Or maybe it's the Dem's or the Libertarians, or the 30% of regeristered Republicans that failed to show up? Or maybe he's right and you right wing liberals have alienated yourselves into a dark hole where you shall blame others for the next four years.
torment and cheese

Charlotte, NC

#12 Nov 10, 2012
WAKE UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Or maybe it's the Dem's or the Libertarians, or the 30% of regeristered Republicans that failed to show up? Or maybe he's right and you right wing liberals have alienated yourselves into a dark hole where you shall blame others for the next four years.
It's your gay black lesbian transsexual lovers fault Malcoon.You likely need an insurance policy for a butt hole baby.
Inquiring minds

Gastonia, NC

#13 Nov 10, 2012
Anyone know Curtis personally?
WAKE UP

Gastonia, NC

#14 Nov 10, 2012
torment and cheese wrote:
<quoted text>It's your gay black lesbian transsexual lovers fault Malcoon.You likely need an insurance policy for a butt hole baby.
Not Malcolm. Get control of your nasty thoughts before they take control of you. Not a window that I want to look into
widget kicker

Charlotte, NC

#15 Nov 10, 2012
WAKE UP wrote:
<quoted text> Not Malcolm. Get control of your nasty thoughts before they take control of you. Not a window that I want to look into
join the cia and resign then you bitch widget

Since: Jan 12

Gastonia, NC

#16 Nov 10, 2012
Plain Joe wrote:
4. Republicans have been unwilling to work with democrats and the average American is tired of party politics. They are now seen as obstructionist.
The average American is indeed tired of party politics. While there is enough blame to go all around, the Republican party, and more specifically, their Tea Party members are being singled out as the obstructionists.
John Doe

Charlotte, NC

#17 Nov 10, 2012
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text> Because a state is poor doesn't mean it contains the most moochers. For example, Mississippi, a red state, is a poor state and yes, they receive more federal money than they pay in taxes but California, a blue state, is wealthier than Mississippi but it's population is also 34 million more people. The city of Los Angeles has a larger population than the entire state of Mississippi! When you look at electoral votes, the to 10 poorest states, all red, have a combined total of 80 votes while Cal & NY carry 84 votes combined.
The question I think was why did all the states that get the most welfare money vote for Romney? Why did they?
Bystander

Charlotte, NC

#18 Nov 10, 2012
Malcolm III wrote:
It isn't EXACTLY about the Tea Party....but its somewhat you are saying. I enjoyed this 'opinion' piece. Maybe you will???

Location hidden

#19 Nov 10, 2012
John Doe wrote:
<quoted text>
The question I think was why did all the states that get the most welfare money vote for Romney? Why did they?
As far as NC, since we're on that list, we had more producers supporting Mitt than moochers supporting Barry show up at the polls, as did the rest of the red states on the list but as I pointed out, it only took two moocher states to cancel out the ten poorest states.

Location hidden

#20 Nov 10, 2012
"Democracy can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largess of the public treasury. From that time on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury, with the results that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship." (This quote has been attributed to both Sir Alex Fraser Tytler and Alexis de Tocqueville.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Holly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crazy 16 hr Parker#1 1
Demetrios Sat local food 2
No Election posts? Fri Denton Troy 7
another Gaston county police officer retires a... Fri Denton Troy 2
News Sex offender charged with threatening Lincolnto... (May '16) Fri Anotherconcernedc... 10
Walk Run Shoes (Apr '13) Nov 13 Grape Vodka 31
Richard Turner Nov 6 Belmont Voter 4

Mount Holly Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Holly Mortgages