Omg! Brick wall painted pink!

Omg! Brick wall painted pink!

Posted in the Mount Holly Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Recycle Recycle Recycle

Monroe, NC

#1 May 8, 2012
I was stunned when I passed through Mt. Holly on my way home from work Monday and saw the nice brick wall of the pet store downtown painted pink.

Is there not some sort of historical preservation guidelines for all these old buildings in Mt. Holly?

Please, please remove that paint and get back to the original nice brick!!

My! Oh my! Why would they have done this?
Drunk and Disorderly

Charlotte, NC

#2 May 8, 2012
We wanted to impress Terry Bradshaw.
Now Thats Funny

Stanley, NC

#3 May 8, 2012
Drunk and Disorderly wrote:
We wanted to impress Terry Bradshaw.
Funniest part was that he did't even show up.
The Truth

Houston, TX

#4 May 8, 2012
I think it will be removed in teh coming weeks because you are in fact right, the buildings downtown fall under the historic district now and changes like this are radical and would not be allowed. It changes the whole look of our downtown. It looks like one of those trashy towns you drive through to get to the beach now.
anthony

Spindale, NC

#5 May 8, 2012
The Truth wrote:
I think it will be removed in teh coming weeks because you are in fact right, the buildings downtown fall under the historic district now and changes like this are radical and would not be allowed. It changes the whole look of our downtown. It looks like one of those trashy towns you drive through to get to the beach now.
Heaven forbid Mt. Folly to look trashy.
ERVIN JOHNSON

Charlotte, NC

#6 May 8, 2012
Wall had some hail damage, had to be painted
Lew

Charlotte, NC

#7 May 8, 2012
Recycle Recycle Recycle wrote:
I was stunned when I passed through Mt. Holly on my way home from work Monday and saw the nice brick wall of the pet store downtown painted pink.
Is there not some sort of historical preservation guidelines for all these old buildings in Mt. Holly?
Please, please remove that paint and get back to the original nice brick!!
My! Oh my! Why would they have done this?
What a great example of what Mount Holly is and wants to be!
Bogus Screen Name

Charlotte, NC

#8 May 8, 2012
You are worried about a painted wall when the walls above the old Leader are crumbling away?

I'm going to have a drink with Drunk and Disordely.
Recycle Recycle Recycle

United States

#9 May 9, 2012
The Truth wrote:
I think it will be removed in teh coming weeks because you are in fact right, the buildings downtown fall under the historic district now and changes like this are radical and would not be allowed. It changes the whole look of our downtown. It looks like one of those trashy towns you drive through to get to the beach now.
Omg!! That is exactly what it reminds me of....I do not like it.
Recycle Recycle Recycle

United States

#10 May 9, 2012
ERVIN JOHNSON wrote:
Wall had some hail damage, had to be painted
I didn't know hail fell sideways....... PINK???.?.?..?
Recycle Recycle Recycle

United States

#11 May 9, 2012
Bogus Screen Name wrote:
You are worried about a painted wall when the walls above the old Leader are crumbling away?
I'm going to have a drink with Drunk and Disordely.
Well, that is a concern as well. I just noticed the pink wall and was a little stunned at the color choice....
Drunk and Disorderly

Charlotte, NC

#12 May 9, 2012
Let's picket City Hall! We are the 99% that thinks pink is not masculine enough.
Bogus Screen Name

Charlotte, NC

#13 May 9, 2012
Carrie Ann Inaba gave the wall a 10, but Len gave it an 8. We'll see what the audience has to say in our elimination show.
ERVIN JOHNSON

Charlotte, NC

#14 May 9, 2012
IT IS FOR THE GAYS SINCE THEY LOST THE VOTE
Kip

Charlotte, NC

#15 May 9, 2012
ERVIN JOHNSON wrote:
IT IS FOR THE GAYS SINCE THEY LOST THE VOTE
This was done special for "ERVIN JOHNSON" --- we understand he squats to pee!!!!!
ERVIN JOHNSON

Charlotte, NC

#16 May 9, 2012
YOU MUST BE STALKING ME
Bogus Screen Name

Charlotte, NC

#17 May 10, 2012
Maybe it was painted pink so that any trains that derail will easily see the wall and will be able to keep from hitting such a historical wall.
You are wrong

Charlotte, NC

#18 May 12, 2012
I think it is an appropriate way to protest city hall's oppression.
wondering

Mount Holly, NC

#19 May 13, 2012
Who owns the building?
The Truth

Houston, TX

#20 May 15, 2012
I think it makes any progress of downtown revitalization completely take a turn for the worse. This is the busiest intersection in Mount Holly and the most prominent. I bet Danny Jackson and Greg Beal are brainstorming to see what can be done about this travesty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Holly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Humans in HAZMAT Suits Dumping Orange Liquid in... Feb 16 jack 2
mountain island lake, gaston county side Feb 14 just wondering 1
What's going on across the street from the Seco... (Oct '12) Feb 6 Truthful 73
News One injured, one dead in Pharr accident Feb 5 brendaworley-ymail 4
Jimbo from Intervention (Feb '11) Feb 5 Jimbo2015 81
womens march in charlotte Feb 3 Grape Vodka 3
blackwoods of mt. holly Jan 31 Grape Vodka 3

Mount Holly Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Holly Mortgages