First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mthboy

Crouse, NC

#1 Jun 25, 2012
Does anyone know if the Backwoods resturant has closed? Wasn't open this weekend.
Matt

Charlotte, NC

#3 Jun 25, 2012
THATS A FACT JACK wrote:
<quoted text>They might as well close,they open when and if they want too.You never know when this place is open..........they should shut down for good!!!!!!!!!!
When you are being subsidized by the Mount Holly taxpayer, what's the diff?
ozzy

Cincinnati, OH

#4 Jun 28, 2012
tore down the sign and moving out the benches
looks like they're history
Bogus Screen Name

Charlotte, NC

#5 Jun 28, 2012
Can't wait to see how our local wordsmith, Mr. Jackson, approaches this in our water bill insert. Two downtown businesses closed in two weeks. It's obviously the citizen's fault for not supporting MH businesses. My bad.
in the know

United States

#6 Jun 28, 2012
that's what happens when you don't pay rent.....no matter what allowances he has been given.....still gotta pay the bills...
WAO

Charlotte, NC

#7 Jun 28, 2012
Bogus Screen Name wrote:
Can't wait to see how our local wordsmith, Mr. Jackson, approaches this in our water bill insert. Two downtown businesses closed in two weeks. It's obviously the citizen's fault for not supporting MH businesses. My bad.
Do you know if they will be required to repay the money they received to open the place. Surely our town Manager had enough sense to put in some kind of clause saying they had to be open a certain amount of time.

Backwoods should have stayed in the backwoods.
Bogus Screen Name

Charlotte, NC

#8 Jun 28, 2012
WAO wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know if they will be required to repay the money they received to open the place. Surely our town Manager had enough sense to put in some kind of clause saying they had to be open a certain amount of time.
A government giveaway is never repaid.
firegirl

United States

#9 Jun 28, 2012
WAO wrote:
<quoted text>
who cares...at least that butt hole Chad is gone.
Bogus Screen Name

Charlotte, NC

#10 Jun 28, 2012
firegirl wrote:
<quoted text>
who cares...at least that butt hole Chad is gone.
How well do you know his butt hole?
firegirl

United States

#11 Jun 28, 2012
Bogus Screen Name wrote:
<quoted text>
How well do you know his butt hole?
I know Chad....you probably know his butt hole
Wondering

Charlotte, NC

#12 Jun 28, 2012
firegirl wrote:
<quoted text>
I know Chad....you probably know his butt hole
Who is Chad's mom? Brenda Ratchford?
Tax Payer

United States

#14 Jul 1, 2012
WAO wrote:
<quoted text>
sad thing is the eden group will find someone else to move n and get another 15 grand for them.
Mt Holly Resident

Charlotte, NC

#15 Jul 5, 2012
For all the haters of Backwoods (and any incentive to bring business to Mt Holly), just curious... how would Mt Holly look to you in it's final "perfect state"? Dilapidated buildings? "Pet shops" painted to resemble a Pepto bottle? Maybe that's not such a bad color - the rest of that place does make me feel sick to the stomach - specifically the phallic arrow above the front door. A 500th fast food place that serves cutting edge fare you can't get ANYWHERE else like fried chicken, biscuits, and (WOW!) pulled pork? God forbid we create any jobs or a reason for people to come through here other than to get to Stanley. At least the owners had the satchel to give it a try. How many of the submitters here have the bravery to put everything they have into a dream? I don't, so commend them for trying to bring a tiny element of culture to the town I love. These folks owe noone an apology for trying to assist this stubborn town in it's quest for what seems to be the dirty "s" word... success.
Mt Holly girl

Charlotte, NC

#16 Jul 6, 2012
I for one, loved to eat there, and am saddened that they closed. If they re-open anywhere else, I will go!
mthboy

Charlotte, NC

#17 Jul 8, 2012
just don't ask to speak to the chef....he'll curse you out.....saw it first hand!!!
jill

Charlotte, NC

#18 Jul 14, 2012
mthboy wrote:
Does anyone know if the Backwoods resturant has closed? Wasn't open this weekend.
Been away for a few weeks and saw that the placed closed, what happened?
Collins

Charlotte, NC

#19 Jul 14, 2012
Typical Mount Holly. Taxpayer money paid to "improve" the building. Then, citizens vote with their feet. The tenants move out blaming the citizens. In this case, Backwoods appears to have hastily and incompletely torn down their business sign. Now, the city looks as it did before Backwoods... Dilapidated.
Buckey

Charlotte, NC

#20 Jul 14, 2012
Collins wrote:
Typical Mount Holly. Taxpayer money paid to "improve" the building. Then, citizens vote with their feet. The tenants move out blaming the citizens. In this case, Backwoods appears to have hastily and incompletely torn down their business sign. Now, the city looks as it did before Backwoods... Dilapidated.
That's what happens when you have government give aways. Those people didn't have much of a stake in the building so they left. Just like these people that bought houses for nothing down. They didn't have anything in the house, so they left.
Beecher

Charlotte, NC

#21 Jul 16, 2012
Collins wrote:
The taxpayer lost the money with the free give away with no guarantees. The property owner who was on the board got the benefits cuz the improvement stays with him.
Beecher

Charlotte, NC

#22 Jul 16, 2012
Oh and you can thank your mayor for that give away too, he pushed it through like he did the million dollar whit water deal. But you keep electing him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Holly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
South Point Baptist Choir director fired for un... (Oct '11) Wed Jedeye 32
My car was towed in Belmont! Wed Jed 3
News Gaston College instructor arrested in online te... (Apr '09) Tue pissed off 12
Adrian Miller's Folly (Apr '16) Dec 5 Really 13
Local Corruption (Jul '11) Nov 23 Fun guy 16
News Gaston County planning new school in Belmont Up... Nov 19 Shea Shires 1
What are the Pro & Cons of AYF vs Pop Warner Fo... (Dec '08) Nov 19 Samie8585 172

Mount Holly Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Holly Mortgages