Which school is better for the kids: pinewood or rankin?

Posted in the Mount Holly Forum

Momma

Mount Holly, NC

#1 Aug 15, 2012
I went to rankin, so I'm thinking it's better, but having never set foot into pinewood, and haven't been in rankin in 20 some years, I don't actually know. When we bought our house,(5 years ago)the realtor said it was in rankins district, however come to find out, we are in pinewoods district.

So, what are the pros and cons for these schools?

Need to know if I need to sell and buy elsewhere or just try to get permission to go out of school line district.

Thanks.
ozzy

Cincinnati, OH

#2 Aug 15, 2012
Momma wrote:
I went to rankin, so I'm thinking it's better, but having never set foot into pinewood, and haven't been in rankin in 20 some years, I don't actually know. When we bought our house,(5 years ago)the realtor said it was in rankins district, however come to find out, we are in pinewoods district.
So, what are the pros and cons for these schools?
Need to know if I need to sell and buy elsewhere or just try to get permission to go out of school line district.
Thanks.
Both are the same I have two kids one kid went to Rankin the other to Pinewood. They're not that different. Not worth selling your house to go to one or the other school.I personally like Pinewood alot easier getting in and out taking and picking up from school
John Henry

Mount Holly, NC

#3 Aug 21, 2012
Ida Rankin students are more intelligent on average than Pinewood students.Numbers do not lie.Pinewood has a history of kids that have failed in life.This needs to change.It's like the have's and the have not.Ida Rankin has,while Pinewood has not.Pinewood was built,and structured for poor minority kids back in the day when it was okay to do that.
John Henry

Mount Holly, NC

#4 Aug 21, 2012
quit using my name! all I care about is getting those tracks fixed.Dont need education just want a woprk on a railroad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Holly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chief Franklin suspended 3 hr puhleeze 24
News Jonas Brothers' restaurant on simmer for now Sun Jethro 4
Gay males for dating Sat Steve 2
Google-Car spotted in Mt. Holly today 1/30/2015 Sat Steve 3
Mental Illness & Our Youth Apr 23 DEMcalister 11
Mt. Holly Council/Mayor Elections are coming Apr 20 nobuddy 5
Pet store (Mar '13) Apr 20 truth 7
More from around the web

Mount Holly People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE