Eminent Domain in Mt. Holly

Eminent Domain in Mt. Holly

Posted in the Mount Holly Forum

The Truth

United States

#1 Sep 14, 2012
The post office being put out of our downtown has had our city leaders thinking in a different direction. To be honest, there is simply no room for the kind of growth that Mt. Holly wants and needs. How does everyone feel about our city using the power of comdenation and eminent domain to start taking land from our citizens for businesses we need in our town? It is a step that our city is going to be using in the future.
Larry Lawyer

Mount Holly, NC

#2 Sep 14, 2012
The Truth wrote:
The post office being put out of our downtown has had our city leaders thinking in a different direction. To be honest, there is simply no room for the kind of growth that Mt. Holly wants and needs. How does everyone feel about our city using the power of comdenation and eminent domain to start taking land from our citizens for businesses we need in our town? It is a step that our city is going to be using in the future.
Lawsuits will follow.
Willy

Mount Holly, NC

#3 Sep 14, 2012
The Truth wrote:
I will sell them my downtown property if they give me the same amount of money they paid for the land in front of the Holiday Inn.
Riely

Mount Holly, NC

#4 Sep 14, 2012
The Truth wrote:
So just who is going to be going to these businesses? Take a look at downtown and you see more empty store fronts than occupied ones.

You smokin the same dope as Hough, Griffin, and the rest of the do-gooders?
Keith F

Mount Holly, NC

#5 Sep 19, 2012
Riely wrote:
<quoted text>
So just who is going to be going to these businesses? Take a look at downtown and you see more empty store fronts than occupied ones.
You smokin the same dope as Hough, Griffin, and the rest of the do-gooders?
"do Gooder", Are you a "do Badder".?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Holly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What kind of warship does Ba'al Mont promote? 19 hr 1 Lost ball 3
South Point Red Raiders 23 hr Robert Stovepipe 8
Jerry Sofley Mon Waldo 2
South Point High set for demolition in 2016 (Aug '14) Mon Suspended sixth g... 5
Mount holly pop warner on the rise in 2013 (Oct '13) Sat Just curious 67
Why Mount Holly Will Never Be Anything Special (Apr '14) Aug 19 Scott 23
News More Aug 3 Grammar Reichsheer 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Holly Mortgages