Tarheel Warrior

Gastonia, NC

#812 Oct 28, 2012
give me a break!,

Who is to blame then? The defense gave up 78+ in two games this year and if you exclude the Harding and Garinger games (which are both jokes), they gave up an average of 56 points a game. That has to be the worst in the entire state.

So, back to the original question, who is to blame? It's definitely somebody's fault. The kids may not be the greatest football players to ever come through East Gaston but they are more talented than the defensive product we saw this year. Coach Joyce may not be directly to blame but would you agree he is indirectly to blame? What kind of respect do the players have of the defensive coaches? I look down there, looks like everyone is going through the motions, no life, no fire, unprepared, coaches hats flipped around backwards on the sidelines on Friday nights... I mean, I just don't know. You tell me. Looks unprofessional and unrespectable. Maybe we need a suggestion box?
EGFan2

Mount Holly, NC

#813 Oct 29, 2012
Tarheel Warrior wrote:
give me a break!,
Who is to blame then? The defense gave up 78+ in two games this year and if you exclude the Harding and Garinger games (which are both jokes), they gave up an average of 56 points a game. That has to be the worst in the entire state.
So, back to the original question, who is to blame? It's definitely somebody's fault. The kids may not be the greatest football players to ever come through East Gaston but they are more talented than the defensive product we saw this year. Coach Joyce may not be directly to blame but would you agree he is indirectly to blame? What kind of respect do the players have of the defensive coaches? I look down there, looks like everyone is going through the motions, no life, no fire, unprepared, coaches hats flipped around backwards on the sidelines on Friday nights... I mean, I just don't know. You tell me. Looks unprofessional and unrespectable. Maybe we need a suggestion box?
What you need Mr. Adams is Coach Devine or someone like him who is a proven coach who is a discipline coach who will install a system that works with the personell at East Gaston.
May this community can't handle a real disciplinary coach, and if he soesn't want to tackle the problems at East Gaston, do a search, make a few calls get someone who knows football and who is a real coach.
If not a head coach maybe an assistant from a powerhouse team in the state?
EGFAN

Charlotte, NC

#814 Oct 29, 2012
I think our facilities have kept proven coaches away, the facilities are slowly getting to where they need to be.
belmont fan

Mount Holly, NC

#815 Oct 29, 2012
hey egfan i talk to coach joyce he said he is not going any where anytime soon he told me he talk to devin about 4 hours he would get devin here as a defense coach
EGhood

Gastonia, NC

#816 Oct 30, 2012
What we need is a new AD, new principal and new coaches all around. What a pathetic season. No those boys weren't the most talented in the state, but there was talent on that field. There was talent that wasn't on that field that should have been because they were sick of the idiocy of those in charge. There would have been heart on that field, but it was crushed by that so called coaching staff. Just glad it's over.
EGFAN

Charlotte, NC

#817 Oct 30, 2012
belmont fan wrote:
hey egfan i talk to coach joyce he said he is not going any where anytime soon he told me he talk to devin about 4 hours he would get devin here as a defense coach
Good for you..... hope he gets "devin". We saw what a good job Devine did with Clover!
belmont fan

Mount Holly, NC

#818 Oct 30, 2012
com down eghood everything is going be all right
EGALUMN

United States

#819 Oct 31, 2012
This last game, the 79-8 loss at home to West Mecklenburg has to be the worst effort I have ever seen in all my days of watching EG football... worse than any games of the Tippett years and worse than any of those historically bad teams we had though the 1990's (92 and 95 notwithstanding). The offense has been respectable at times but still disorganized for the most part. Injuries have marred the offensive line with concussion after concussion but even before, we still couldn't block anybody. Why do our guys have more concussions year after year than anyone else? The quarterback never has time to do anything and the defense is in the backfield before EG fans can say "uh oh". This offense or whatever it is (a hybrid type triple option) CANNOT be run properly with NO BLOCKING along the offensive line. There is none! Who is coaching the offensive line and how much experience has he had?

Defensively... what can I say? Historically awful! What do our opponents think about our defense this year? We have one guy that lays the wood and that's about it. I don't know whether we're just not strong enough, the schemes are bad, we don't care, or what? It's impossible to pinpoint when ANY TEAM can score within 2 or 3 plays on every possession. We gave up an average of 56 points a game to teams not named Harding or Garinger. That includes going against the 2nd or 3rd string offense in 2nd half in all 8 of those games. The D wasn't on the field much, they did their job and got off. East Gaston was 10-0 in time of possession this year (really) which says a lot to be scored on so much. How do we change this? The defensive coaches we have down on the sidelines are down there walking around, hats turned around backwards, unprofessional. Unrespectable. Sad.

Frequent coaching changes are bad for the football program. We've had a lot of them in recent years. Watching this season makes you want to scrap the whole thing and start over, new ideas, new philosophy, new schemes, and every player competing for roles on the team that gives the team the best chance to win!! We have 3 guys that are young in the program right now, two sophomores and one freshman who look like great quarterback prospects in the coming years.

As egfan said, we have a new athletic director. He is a former EG football player, former coach and has the power to shake things up and bring someone in proven than can push the right buttons and do the job. Someone who can resurrect the "Sorry state of East Gaston Football". Our new AD, has a son coming up through the ranks as a promising freshman and surely for his sake that he doesn't want one of his own going through another season like this once he reaches the varsity level. It wouldn't be a conflict of interest to make a change, the results below give him good enough reason alone.
Tarheel Warrior

Gastonia, NC

#820 Oct 31, 2012
Interesting thoughts EGALUMN. Did you come with all of that?
EGFAN

Charlotte, NC

#821 Oct 31, 2012
EGALUMN wrote:
This last game, the 79-8 loss at home to West Mecklenburg has to be the worst effort I have ever seen in all my days of watching EG football... worse than any games of the Tippett years and worse than any of those historically bad teams we had though the 1990's (92 and 95 notwithstanding). The offense has been respectable at times but still disorganized for the most part. Injuries have marred the offensive line with concussion after concussion but even before, we still couldn't block anybody. Why do our guys have more concussions year after year than anyone else? The quarterback never has time to do anything and the defense is in the backfield before EG fans can say "uh oh". This offense or whatever it is (a hybrid type triple option) CANNOT be run properly with NO BLOCKING along the offensive line. There is none! Who is coaching the offensive line and how much experience has he had?
Defensively... what can I say? Historically awful! What do our opponents think about our defense this year? We have one guy that lays the wood and that's about it. I don't know whether we're just not strong enough, the schemes are bad, we don't care, or what? It's impossible to pinpoint when ANY TEAM can score within 2 or 3 plays on every possession. We gave up an average of 56 points a game to teams not named Harding or Garinger. That includes going against the 2nd or 3rd string offense in 2nd half in all 8 of those games. The D wasn't on the field much, they did their job and got off. East Gaston was 10-0 in time of possession this year (really) which says a lot to be scored on so much. How do we change this? The defensive coaches we have down on the sidelines are down there walking around, hats turned around backwards, unprofessional. Unrespectable. Sad.
Frequent coaching changes are bad for the football program. We've had a lot of them in recent years. Watching this season makes you want to scrap the whole thing and start over, new ideas, new philosophy, new schemes, and every player competing for roles on the team that gives the team the best chance to win!! We have 3 guys that are young in the program right now, two sophomores and one freshman who look like great quarterback prospects in the coming years.
As egfan said, we have a new athletic director. He is a former EG football player, former coach and has the power to shake things up and bring someone in proven than can push the right buttons and do the job. Someone who can resurrect the "Sorry state of East Gaston Football". Our new AD, has a son coming up through the ranks as a promising freshman and surely for his sake that he doesn't want one of his own going through another season like this once he reaches the varsity level. It wouldn't be a conflict of interest to make a change, the results below give him good enough reason alone.
Interesting, I read the same thing on NCPREPS by the original poster (who is not EGALUM).
Well Now

Morganton, NC

#822 Oct 31, 2012
I was wondering if someone else noticed that as well. I was starting to think I was crazy. Copy and paste?
EGALUMN

United States

#823 Nov 1, 2012
Yes, it was a copy & paste. I thought that whoever wrote the post was spot on & this needed to be shared. I was going to add that this was in fact a post from NCPREPS but after pasting it would not allow me to add a comment.
Tarheel Warrior

Gastonia, NC

#824 Nov 2, 2012
Fair enough EGALUMN. We were just giving you a hard time as to where the post came from :). I think most can agree, SOMETHING has got to change!
Joe

Mount Holly, NC

#825 Nov 24, 2012
Concerned supporter wrote:
WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON OVER THERE??? Now I know there was a coaching change after the 2006 season and a lot of talented players graduated that year but what they have become and how far they've fallen is unthinkable. I recall back a few years ago before the last coaching change, there was 100-120 kids coming out for football, now only 70-80. The Warriors have been in 13 consectutive blow outs and counting (the bad kind). I am by no means bashing because I'm a parent and may have my kid up there playing football one day very soon. I was just wondering if any of you could shed some light on how they expect to right the ship of their football program??
I will be alot better next year.
belmont fan

Mount Holly, NC

#826 Dec 2, 2012
the only way east gaston well get better in football hair them defense coaches
wtfayta

Gastonia, NC

#827 Dec 2, 2012
belmont fan wrote:
the only way east gaston well get better in football hair them defense coaches
get educated. you make no sense troll.
belmont fan

Mount Holly, NC

#828 Dec 2, 2012
you didnt go to any the of the football games this we gave 78 to south point 79 against west meck wftayta
Mt Holly Hawks

Albemarle, NC

#829 Dec 11, 2012
Heard last week that the Defensive Coordinator has resigned.
EGhood

Gastonia, NC

#830 Dec 11, 2012
Mt Holly Hawks wrote:
Heard last week that the Defensive Coordinator has resigned.
Good, now if some more would just follow in his footsteps.
belmont fan

Mount Holly, NC

#831 Dec 11, 2012
who was the defense coordintor

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Holly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mount holly pop warner on the rise in 2013 (Oct '13) 8 hr Jethro 50
South Point Athletic Director resignation Mon Corinthian 9
Webb charged again May 24 Just Saying 10
News Gaston County teacher accused of soliciting min... May 23 Solomon 1
News Alleged prostitutes, john arrested when motel r... (Oct '09) May 22 jon 6
Mad man at Sammy's on Mother's Day May 18 Matroni 11
The Belmont Police Department: What In The Hell... (Oct '12) May 17 Amealnet 71
More from around the web

Mount Holly People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE