East Gaston Football
belmont

Charlotte, NC

#443 Mar 5, 2010
its not football season yet is it its only march
Carson

Charlotte, NC

#444 Mar 6, 2010
Never said the county. South Point has the best history in the county since they began to field a team but in the area you have good traditions as well. And actually 1971 was not a state title. It was the Western Regional because there wasent a state title then. Just figured I would throw that in.

Carson
EGFAN

Gastonia, NC

#445 Mar 7, 2010
Carson wrote:
Never said the county. South Point has the best history in the county since they began to field a team but in the area you have good traditions as well. And actually 1971 was not a state title. It was the Western Regional because there wasent a state title then. Just figured I would throw that in.
Carson
Carson, I'm going to educate you, I'm not trying to be a smart A$$. South Point and East Gaston were members of the old Western North Carolina Athletic Association. The WNCAA was not part of the NCHSAA. The WNCAA disbanded around 76 or 77 and all the members schools joined the NCHSAA. South Point was the 71 WNCAA co champ, I actually attended the game.
Carson

Charlotte, NC

#446 Mar 8, 2010
Thanks for the education and I as well will not be smart about it, my dad was a student at that time at South Point and I've heard many stories from the game. How Salisbury watered down the field the night before to stop SP's offense haha. Or at least thats what he along with students of the time were claiming.

Carson
belmont

Charlotte, NC

#447 Apr 10, 2010
its not football season yet man its only april 10

“Is it football time yet?”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#448 Apr 28, 2010
hawk fan wrote:
<quoted text>
what do u call success 3 wins, or 2 wins....thats all those two ever win if that, maybe combined....lol
ennnnt....MH may have only one or two wins but Stanley definitely has had winning seasons over the past few years.....and Devon everyone doesn't hate the coach....you have got to get past his way of communication...he may come off as arrogant but he truly is a good coach if some of the players would learn how to follow their leaders and stop acting as if they are getting paid to do his job......
Bond

Davidson, NC

#449 Apr 28, 2010
A winning season comes from a man name John R From stanley
Raider

Raleigh, NC

#450 Apr 29, 2010
Carson wrote:
Carson
I am not sure how far you may go back, but if you take all the teams in gaston county since 1965 they do not match the winning % of sp nor have the titles combined. As stated in 71 sp won all the games it could have so title or not it was a tie with salisbury so co whatever. There is not team in the area that can match the winning % nor the fact that ONLY 3 coaches have ever coached here, Biggerstaff titles 71,79, Tate, Devine 03,09. The fact sp wins is not just coaching but a tradition. It can be said that sp has never been bigger, faster than any one but explain how they win. It is heart, some talent, some good coaching but it is expected. When you come to play here you must put your heart and soul into it and believe. Hard work and cutting no corners are expected. There are good programs in Gaston County but to say any one is up to the level of sp right now is just stupid. The best athletes in the county attend Ashbrook or Forestview as for speed and size, if that is the winning fact sp should never win a game. So Carson talk or defend your postion any way you want, as of today sp has the best football program in the area since 1965 and it shows in the winning % and againist it rivals. I believe the record againist eg is so in favor of sp they could lose the next 15 head to head and still be in front. Eg has good kids but it seems something is wrong somewhere, it is a shame because I coached some of eg best players in the last 10 years and they should be winning more and you have a great place to play but for some reason it comes up short year after year. It may not be a coach thing it may be a AD thing or something more. Hang in there EG players.
EG ALUM

Charlotte, NC

#451 Apr 29, 2010
Raider wrote:
<quoted text> I am not sure how far you may go back, but if you take all the teams in gaston county since 1965 they do not match the winning % of sp nor have the titles combined. As stated in 71 sp won all the games it could have so title or not it was a tie with salisbury so co whatever. There is not team in the area that can match the winning % nor the fact that ONLY 3 coaches have ever coached here, Biggerstaff titles 71,79, Tate, Devine 03,09. The fact sp wins is not just coaching but a tradition. It can be said that sp has never been bigger, faster than any one but explain how they win. It is heart, some talent, some good coaching but it is expected. When you come to play here you must put your heart and soul into it and believe. Hard work and cutting no corners are expected. There are good programs in Gaston County but to say any one is up to the level of sp right now is just stupid. The best athletes in the county attend Ashbrook or Forestview as for speed and size, if that is the winning fact sp should never win a game. So Carson talk or defend your postion any way you want, as of today sp has the best football program in the area since 1965 and it shows in the winning % and againist it rivals. I believe the record againist eg is so in favor of sp they could lose the next 15 head to head and still be in front. Eg has good kids but it seems something is wrong somewhere, it is a shame because I coached some of eg best players in the last 10 years and they should be winning more and you have a great place to play but for some reason it comes up short year after year. It may not be a coach thing it may be a AD thing or something more. Hang in there EG players.
post this crap on the Belmont forum we do not care. Why do the SP people think we care are they that arrogant??????
Raider

Charlotte, NC

#452 Apr 29, 2010
EG ALUM wrote:
<quoted text>
post this crap on the Belmont forum we do not care. Why do the SP people think we care are they that arrogant??????
Hey eg alum kiss my as. I was just answering carson post. This subject matter was brought up by him. Not slamming eg or anyone, just giving my opinion. EG should have a winning program they are the biggest school in county. When adams was there a good program, when lingerfelt was there same, when the coach from crest was there playoffs, Besides this is a public forum and thus the post. Carson post many different ideas and thoughts, just talking a point or two to him. I am a big sp supporter and played on the 79 state team, just talking points with another fan of high school ball. So until you change your title to mr topix kiss my ass.
Raider

Charlotte, NC

#453 Apr 29, 2010
Also let me say Carson you have your finger on the pulse of eg. I commend you for your postions. In my earlier post I was just stating my opinion on best team in the area. I am talking high school, there are national champions in Stanley and Union road. I believe there are many great teams over the years from both pop warner and high school. But in the modern area of the high schools in existance sp is by far the better program right now during this last 10 years. But several years ago the team that went to playoffs for eg was ten times better than sp that year and should have maybe won it all. Ashbrook last year should have beat sp in the playoffs if not for a questionable catch call. You are a good person that post good stuff that make you want to read and respond. If my previous post bothers you I apologize. But ass holes like eg alum can bite me. Free press and freedom of speach is allowed. In Belmont as well as Mt Holly
EG ALUM

Charlotte, NC

#454 Apr 30, 2010
Raider wrote:
<quoted text> Hey eg alum kiss my as. I was just answering carson post. This subject matter was brought up by him. Not slamming eg or anyone, just giving my opinion. EG should have a winning program they are the biggest school in county. When adams was there a good program, when lingerfelt was there same, when the coach from crest was there playoffs, Besides this is a public forum and thus the post. Carson post many different ideas and thoughts, just talking a point or two to him. I am a big sp supporter and played on the 79 state team, just talking points with another fan of high school ball. So until you change your title to mr topix kiss my ass.
See what I mean pure arrogance. It is a public forum that is why you should respect the people of Mt Holly and post your crap about SP where someone cares. This will probably be news to you but out side of Belmont and Cramerton no one cares about SP or your history. And kiss my ###!! come on, like you said it is a public forum!!!!!
EG ALUM

Charlotte, NC

#455 Apr 30, 2010
Raider wrote:
Also let me say Carson you have your finger on the pulse of eg. I commend you for your postions. In my earlier post I was just stating my opinion on best team in the area. I am talking high school, there are national champions in Stanley and Union road. I believe there are many great teams over the years from both pop warner and high school. But in the modern area of the high schools in existance sp is by far the better program right now during this last 10 years. But several years ago the team that went to playoffs for eg was ten times better than sp that year and should have maybe won it all. Ashbrook last year should have beat sp in the playoffs if not for a questionable catch call. You are a good person that post good stuff that make you want to read and respond. If my previous post bothers you I apologize. But ass holes like eg alum can bite me. Free press and freedom of speach is allowed. In Belmont as well as Mt Holly
You had to go looking for this Mr 1st Amendment it does not show up on the Halloweed Groud forum and what is Freedom of "Speach"??? Again watch your mouth this is public so kids read this!!!!
belmont

Charlotte, NC

#456 Apr 30, 2010
now now guys cant we all just get along I was up there yesterday they look good
belmont

Charlotte, NC

#457 Apr 30, 2010
does anybody have a eastgaston football schedule
Tarheel Warrior

Monroe, NC

#458 Apr 30, 2010
If I am thinking correctly, there were no changes to the football schedule from last year... order of games are the same, only the home and away games are reversed.

I'm hearing some good things coming out of spring workouts. We have some good athletes coming up from JV and we have a real battle going on for the QB position. We got a kid that has transfered over from West Meck and is apparently opening some eyes behind center and will give Crawford run for it. In the type of offense we are now running, the QB and fullback plays a huge roll in how effective the offense can be. McDowell should be solid at fullback. Hard to tell much until the boys put on the pads and start pushing people around but there's potential out there for a solid year dispite the fact that we'll be a good bit younger.
Raider

Charlotte, NC

#459 Apr 30, 2010
EG ALUM wrote:
<quoted text>
See what I mean pure arrogance. It is a public forum that is why you should respect the people of Mt Holly and post your crap about SP where someone cares. This will probably be news to you but out side of Belmont and Cramerton no one cares about SP or your history. And kiss my ###!! come on, like you said it is a public forum!!!!!
Never intended to talk about sp just answering Carson's post on a topic he was talking about. This is a public forum and I am so sorry for telling you to kiss my .... So next time we disagree i just tell you what a great person you are.
EG ALUM

Charlotte, NC

#460 May 3, 2010
Raider wrote:
<quoted text> Never intended to talk about sp just answering Carson's post on a topic he was talking about. This is a public forum and I am so sorry for telling you to kiss my .... So next time we disagree i just tell you what a great person you are.
I see you are still in full blown jerk mode. Did not intend to talk about SP???? Answering Carsons question?? What a jerk and still defending himself. The arrogance is out of this world!!!!!!
Just Sayin

United States

#461 May 4, 2010
I can tell you whats wrong with East Gaston's football team...Tippett!
He can't teach or coach

“Is it football time yet?”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#463 May 5, 2010
Tarheel Warrior wrote:
If I am thinking correctly, there were no changes to the football schedule from last year... order of games are the same, only the home and away games are reversed.
I'm hearing some good things coming out of spring workouts. We have some good athletes coming up from JV and we have a real battle going on for the QB position. We got a kid that has transfered over from West Meck and is apparently opening some eyes behind center and will give Crawford run for it. In the type of offense we are now running, the QB and fullback plays a huge roll in how effective the offense can be. McDowell should be solid at fullback. Hard to tell much until the boys put on the pads and start pushing people around but there's potential out there for a solid year dispite the fact that we'll be a good bit younger.
Yes....My son has the heart of a Warrior!!!! He will be as strong as he can and He has no problems with the Coaching staff....he actually praises them....Coach Tippett too....If we stop acting like we are 10 then maybe we as parents and supporters can do something....And for the coach on here that left EG for SP come on....We understand, ppl jump ship all the time....some drown some make it to sure but LOL....we still on the boat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Holly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jonas Brothers patriarch to open Belmont restau... (Sep '15) Sep 11 lela 20
Stanley joined AYFL (Mar '17) Sep 11 football fan 22
News Developer interested in building on contaminate... Sep 10 watching 3
Jerry's Market Sep 9 wtf 2
News Boaters missing off NC Coast have Gaston County... Sep 8 DaleBuckner304 1
News Deputies make arrests in home break-ins Sep 7 PhatMo 5
Virtual Monkey- Hot toy for Christmas 2017---wh... Sep 5 Anonymous 1

Mount Holly Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Holly Mortgages