Mount Dora, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2009

Judged:

The Mount Dora Police Department has recently decided to sell one of their K9's due to "budget reasons" even though the city did not purchase the dog. However the department is able to hire a new evidence "manager" who's salary was originally advertised in the area of $26,000 but do to him coming from the same good old OPD the department made a friendship hire and bumped his salary to 36,000 with a take home car. Now why would a evidence person need a take home car when he wont be responded to scenes to collect evidence?

The city is by in no means a financial crisis with them obtaining a 5 year high of 5 million dollars in surplus. But yet they cant afford to give their employees raises and threaten to take away some of the benefits they have.

disturbed in mt dora

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2009

Judged:

Polictics are wonderful. I recall an incident previously in Mt. Dora, where a police K9 was involved in a shooting and that k9 possibly saved the lives of many other officers as a gun was turned and fired at the k9. A HERO he is, ensuring all officers made it home to their families that day!!! Amazing a little cutting of the budget and it's the K9 HERO that gets cut! Interesting post...
Florida Native

Eustis, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2009

Judged:

The MD police is totally run by politics and not like a real police department. The department’s budget has doubled since the new chief came here about 8 or 9 years ago (a dark day for Mount Dora). I do believe that now many of the council people are starting to catch on to his crooked ways and will be doing something about it after the next election. They need major change in the top two positions.
abcd

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2009

Judged:

How do you know so much about the department? Do you work there?
Florida Native

Eustis, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

Judged:

You don’t have to work there to know this. The officers talk about it with anybody. Ask them. They are generally very nice and dedicated. It is hard for them to work in such a political atmosphere. They know the management will not stand up for them in a crisis. Hopefully, after the upcoming election the “Good Old Boy” network will be broken up and some regular folks can be put in charge.
abcd

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

I was mainly asking how "happy" could know so much information....especially since that stuff is probably internal information.

Every small city is political. Ask Officers in Eustis and Leesburg and they will tell you the same thing.

It's funny how serious all the politicians in Mount Dora take it. Especially since Mount Dora is a small insignificant little town.
happy

Tavares, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2009

the reason why i know this is because the officers talk freely when not around brass. it is hard to find a happy employee at mdpd. the way their administration treats them is ashamed. not to mention there is virtually no training within the department and the equipment is out-dated
Orlando Native

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2010

Politics in Police Depts are not anything new and are not contained to any one Dept. My father was with the Orlando Police dept under Dave Starr in the 60's and politics and corruption was going on then. Actually that junk happens in alot of companies in general
jimmy

Eustis, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2010

Judged:

recently the administration has been attempting to find "dirt" on city council members in an attempt to discredit them. They are looking at past encounters with members via calls for service and/or traffic stops. The administration is not very well liked in the city by the council and throughout the county by their fellow law enforcement peers.

Hopefully the city council and citizens will get wise to their tactics and try and put an end to it.
Little Boo

Eustis, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2010

The Question I think alot of "FOLKS" have>>> Is the city council members and citizens able to see Scoggins,City Mayor,Deputy Chief, and Lt.Bell tactics and lies yet?
abused in mt dora

Leesburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2010

Judged:

abcd wrote:
How do you know so much about the department? Do you work there?
You don't have to work for them. I have lived at the same address for 30 plus years and I can vouch first hand that our department is very crooked and wrong. If you go against an officer and win all that happens is they get a job in another city or county, then you have to watch your back.
abused in mt dora

Leesburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2010

Judged:

The city of Mount Dora Police Department need an inspection from the outside. A surprise one so they can't hide there lies and crooked ways. There day is coming. There are a few good officers, but the rest make everyone look bad and make us citizens feel unsafe!
Oneday Soon

Leesburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2010

Sheriff Borders needs to close MDPD.
RUMORS are flying.Chief Scoggins and Robert Bell.Your days are finally coming to an end AT MDPD. We pray that Sheriff Borders will do what is best for the citizens of Mount Dora. CLOSE THE MOUNT DORA POLICE DEPARTMENT!SOONER THAN LATER!
God Bless the few good officers that are left at the MDPD.Sheriff Borders knows what to do...

Since: Sep 10

Palm Bay, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

Judged:

My name is Pam(Roberts/fuller) Aguirre.. My father is Bob Roberts x chief of police for Mt.Dora. Did any one on here know him?? I was just surfing the internet and ran across this site. Really sorry to hear about some of these opinions about the department. When I was growing up I used to hear all kinds of things about my dad that simply were not true. When he died I wrote Chief Scoggins a letter asking him why my father was not recognizied as writing a book on how to accredit a police department. I know nothing about the MDPD as I did in earlier times. On a personal level Chief Scoggins e mailed me back and felt he had a big heart about the death of my father and invited me to send any information and phots about him to post to the public.. At his funeral he was recognized as putting the 1st Police Department through Accredation which was MDPD. I was very proud of this. What happened?? Love to hear from you about my dad. Thanks Pam sailfishoney@att.net
He Was A Drunk

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

Judged:

Pam, sorry you asked but if you wnat to know someting about your dad "he was a drunk!" His second office was Jeremiah's. While drunk he ran into a friend of mine who was riding his motorcycle and cost my friend the loss of his leg!
My friend will never forget your dad. Because he was a cop he got away scott free with the wreck
(I use that term because drunk's driving on purpose cause wrecks not accidents!) I also knew your dad professionally and I liked him, I just hated the fact that he couldn't control his drinking and though he was above the law! Now MDPD
is a culture of corruption run by good ole boys who know they can screw over everyone and nothing will ever be done about it! Many local cities and the county as well are loaded with corruption to deep to fix. Most people don't care anyway. I know the truth hurts that's why most people quit using it!
anonymous

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2010

Judged:

To the author of the previous comment:

Wow...you must be a very bitter, sad, reject of a person..

I feel sorry for you.
He Was A Drunk

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2010

Judged:

No! Not bitter at all. I probably should be that the good ole boy system allowed one of their own to destroy the life of my friend, but I am not. Sad, yes I am, it is day to see th elife of a great young person destroyed when they are the victim of a drunk who knew better than drive drunk, but alson knew they had th epower to do so without anyone questioning it. I can tell you I an no reject of a person, I am an upstanding retired member of the law enforcement community who has never taken advantage of my power to drive drunk and destroy lives. You, on the other hand with a Washington, DC IPS address are probably a POS of the Obama administration who takes advantage of everyone in order to draw your big fat salary at the demise of every decent tax paying voting American Flag patronizing person in the USA!

Since: Sep 10

Palm Bay, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2010

Judged:

I KNOW EXACTLY WHO YOU ARE!!! YOU ARE THE SAME PERSON THAT HAS ALWAYS GIVEN MY FATHER A HARD TIME WHILE HE WAS ON THE DEPARTMENT. ME AND MY SISTERS WERE VERY CLOSE TO OUR DAD AND EVEN MY MOTHER AFTER THE DIVORCE STAYED FRIENDS WITH HIM. HE WOULD OF TOLD US ABOUT THIS INCIDENT IF IT HAD OCCURED. WHICH IT DID NOT. I DID SOME INVESTIGATION WITH THE STATE POLICE AS WELL AS THE CITY AND THE COUNTY. SPOKE WITH THE STATES ATTORNEYS OFFICE AND SOME OF THE RETIRED STATE ATTORNEYS. SPOKE WITH HIS RETIRED DISPATCHERS THAT WE NEW VERY WELL AND HIS OLD SECRETARYS. NONE OF THESE FOLKS KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. YES MY FATHER LIKED HIS SCOTCH, YES HE ATE DINNER AT JEREMIAHS QUITE FRENQUENTLY AND YES HIS WIFE MARTY ROBERTS DROVE HIM HOME. REALLY SORRY ABOUT YOUR BITTERNESS TOWARDS MY DAD BUT YOU HAVE THE WRONG MAN. REALLY SORRY ABOUT YOUR FRIENDS LEG TOO. MY FATHER IS A VICTIM OF MANY CIRCUMSTANCES WHILE IN OFFICE. HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN ACCUSED OF MANY THINGS WHILE HE WAS ON THE DEPARTMENT. ONE THING WAS RACISM. MY FATHER GROWING UP HAD MANY BLACKS SITTING AT OUR DINNER TABLE. MY HUSBAND IS MEXICAN IN WHICH HE LOVED VERY MUCH. THE GOSSIP ABOUT CHIEF OF POLICES WHILE THEY ARE IN OFFICE GOES WITH THE TERITORY. I WILL PRAY FOR YOU SIR AND I WILL PRAY FOR YOUR FRIEND AND I WILL PRAY FOR THE PERSON WHO DID THIS TO YOU FRIEND!! THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN TOO BIG OF AN INCCEDENT FOR IT TO NOT BE ALL OVER THE NEWS. I COULD NOT EVEN FIND ONE ARTICLE ABOUT IT. NOW PLEASE THE MAN IS DEAD GO FIND SOMEONE ELSE TO PICK ON. PEACE OUT.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mount Dora Discussions

Search the Mount Dora Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What About Lake Sheriff Borders? (Nov '11) 12 hr just a thought 500
Sheriff Borders wants $3 Million to buy off the... 23 hr Really 25
Jail (Jul '13) Mon the trouble of it is 68
Covering Up Child Rapes (Jan '11) Mon mommadona 4
Let's get a new Sheriff Mon next in line 84
Wild idea? Massage therapist says predators can... Mon Jbraceboy 13
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) Jul 27 Mutt 2,928
•••
•••
•••
•••

Mount Dora Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Mount Dora People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••