Teacher Reassigned After Facebook Pos...

Teacher Reassigned After Facebook Post On Gay Marriage

There are 24 comments on the ClickOnDetroit story from Aug 18, 2011, titled Teacher Reassigned After Facebook Post On Gay Marriage. In it, ClickOnDetroit reports that:

A former "teacher of the year" in Lake County, Florida, has been reassigned while school administrators investigate comments posted on his Facebook page about same-sex marriage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ClickOnDetroit.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
WTF

Anchorage, AK

#1 Aug 18, 2011
What the hell kind of news article is this? I'm sick of crappy one-liners intended to make me click as many times as possible so that Yahoo or Topix can count me as a reader. Get real!

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#2 Aug 18, 2011
He's entitled to his bigoted beliefs but I don't applaud them.

Since: Apr 08

Cleveland, OH

#3 Aug 18, 2011
You'd think that a TEACHER would know that free speech is not free of consequences.

“How'd you like 2 be treated?”

Since: Sep 07

Long Beach, CA

#5 Aug 18, 2011
Phenergan
Snickers

Grove City, PA

#6 Aug 18, 2011
Gay And Proud wrote:
You'd think that a TEACHER would know that free speech is not free of consequences.
Oh? We are free to offer our opinion on a political decision as long as we're willing to give up our jobs to say what we wish? This is a tragic story: tragic for that man, tragic for our nation. If you can't persuade them, force them with punishment. That is not the America I have known nor the one that was intended.

Do gays care? Of course not, as long as gays get what they want BY ANY MEANS. Shame on you all.

Location hidden

#7 Aug 18, 2011
Snickers wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh? We are free to offer our opinion on a political decision as long as we're willing to give up our jobs to say what we wish? This is a tragic story: tragic for that man, tragic for our nation. If you can't persuade them, force them with punishment. That is not the America I have known nor the one that was intended.
Do gays care? Of course not, as long as gays get what they want BY ANY MEANS. Shame on you all.
Saying gays shouldn't have equal rights is the same as saying you saying blacks, Jews, or women shouldn't have equal rights. The teacher represents the school and prejudice brings a bad name to the school and shows he may have bias against gay students.

Location hidden

#8 Aug 18, 2011
Mdot Bachmann wrote:
It's just another queer government-employee union teacher trying to have sex with a child.
The pedophile queer will continue drawing 150K per year stealing from the taxpayers while the union shuffles the pervert off to another unsuspecting school district where the queer-pedophile will have a huge new pool of potential victims.
The teachers' unions and their Democrat party often shield and protect their homosexual pedophile child-molesters and pay their bills while they move heaven-and-Earth to make sure the homosexual child-rapist gets a new gig with lots of new victims, under contract.
It's a system at least as insidious and evil as all the queers protecting other queers in the Catholic Church.
So, are you saying that all gays are rapists/child molesters/pedophiles? Do any straight people fit those categories?

“The Buybull is innerrrent.”

Since: Jun 08

Silver Spring, MD

#10 Aug 18, 2011
Snickers wrote:
<quoted text>
What we need, by your "reasoning," is more teachers feeling free to post on facebook how talibangelicals getting married to one another makes them (the teachers) want to vomit.

Or the teachers could just say str8 people getting married makes them want to vomit.

And you say we should never punish such teachers who would post this in facebook. Sure. Didn't jeebus tell you not to lie? Praiz!

Silver Spring, MD

#11 Aug 18, 2011
Mdot Bachmann wrote:
<quoted text>Those that oppose the rights of...are now known as "homophobes".
Are you Marcus the Effeminate Heterosexual? You sound frilly yet hateful.

Praiz!

“WAY TO GO”

Since: Mar 11

IRELAND

#13 Aug 18, 2011
Though I personally disagree with his opinion......he is entitled to it AS LONG as it does not affect his ability to do his job!!!

We do still have the right to express our opinions even though some may not like them!!!

“Love thy neighbor!”

Since: Dec 06

Westland , MI

#14 Aug 18, 2011
RnL2008 wrote:
Though I personally disagree with his opinion......he is entitled to it AS LONG as it does not affect his ability to do his job!!!
We do still have the right to express our opinions even though some may not like them!!!
But it WILL effect his ability to do his job. Would you want your gay child in his class?

“WAY TO GO”

IRELAND

#15 Aug 19, 2011
Gay Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
But it WILL effect his ability to do his job. Would you want your gay child in his class?
NO, I would not........and in that particular situation, IT WOULD AFFECT HIS JOB, right?

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#16 Aug 19, 2011
RnL2008 wrote:
That was kinda stupid to post that on facebook, with over millions of people on there. Someone was sure to see it. Oh well.......sucks to be him. He was lucky they transferred him, they could have prob. fired him.

“WAY TO GO”

IRELAND

#17 Aug 19, 2011
Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>That was kinda stupid to post that on facebook, with over millions of people on there. Someone was sure to see it. Oh well.......sucks to be him. He was lucky they transferred him, they could have prob. fired him.
I agree that his actions weren't the smartest.....and there are consequences to pay for one's actions!!!

Silver Spring, MD

#18 Aug 19, 2011
RnL2008 wrote:
So if a teacher posted publicly on facebook that the idea of fundie xstains (or blacks) marrying makes him want to vomit that would be okay with you?

Sure.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#19 Aug 19, 2011
Snickers wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh? We are free to offer our opinion on a political decision as long as we're willing to give up our jobs to say what we wish?....
I LOVE it when your type does this fake over-reaction and blows the issue all out-of-proportion to try and prove a point you cannot otherwise support.

Pretending that ANYONE is suggesting that free speech is dependent upon one's willingness to give up his job is ridiculous. You're the only one saying that.

It's like when the anti-marriage crowd says, "You think gay couples should be allowed to marry?? Do you also think they should be allowed to burn down everyone's houses, murder people, break up straight peoples' marriages, rape children, fornicate on church alters while parishioners look on in horror, and destroy our very way of life??? Because that's the SAME thing!!!"

Find an argument you can support without the ridiculous drama or don't bother.
SLIF

Toronto, Canada

#20 Aug 19, 2011
Who cares what he thinks?I didn't vote for him.

“WAY TO GO”

IRELAND

#21 Aug 19, 2011
writewingproxycontin wrote:
<quoted text>
So if a teacher posted publicly on facebook that the idea of fundie xstains (or blacks) marrying makes him want to vomit that would be okay with you?
Sure.
I didn't say that, now did I? Why is it that people have to feel like it's okay to attack someone just because I don't carry the same opinion as you?

He made a comment and he posted it on HIS FACEBOOK page......it's not like he made it in a classroom......and though I disagree with his viewpoint......it is his right to feel that way......even if it had to do with interracial marriages or whatever.........I don't have to agree with him and I certainly don't.....BUT he still has the right to say it.

NOW, what he says also obviously has consequences that he MUST be willing to accept given the nature of his work......but again, that's on him.....not about me!!!
SLIF

Canada

#22 Aug 21, 2011
Whatever happen to keeping your opinions to yourself?Facebook,and Myspace,what is that?I'll tell you what it is,it's talking to strangers,and potential employers,that what it is.In fact talking to strangers is safer,because they can't take what you've told them,and use it against you.Because your never going to see them again.
Insert Name Here

Palm Coast, FL

#24 Sep 6, 2011
So much for the 1st amendment... And oh by the way this has NOTHING to do with the separation clause so don't even go there. This was a message from a private individual to his "friends" on facebook. It did not involve Congress passing a law.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Dora Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Say What? Jun 22 the circus is in... 1
no rubio! Jun 22 the circus is in ... 1
Sorry State Officials Jun 22 the circus is in ... 1
Vote NO to the NRA!!! Jun 22 the circus is in ... 1
FWC scumbags and the bear hunt Jun 22 the circus is in ... 1
What About Lake Sheriff Borders? (Nov '11) Jun 22 Marty 841
Jail (Jul '13) Jun 18 JEREMY 104
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Dora Mortgages