Lake man receives 10 years in DUI death -- OrlandoSentinel.com

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

Holding a scrapbook filled with a life's worth of photos, a teary-eyed mother stood in a courtroom Monday and faced the man who plowed drunk into her daughter, Katrina Adkins, more than a year ago.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 26 of26
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
All facts not told

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2007

Katrinas Aunt wrote:
I wish him NO peace....Katrina was not driving....she was a passenger in a car, on her way home. Who the hell are you to judge her innocence.....I feel sorry for his family, but they should have stopped his drinking long ago and thereby share some blame in letting him continue to drive drunk FOR YEARS!!!!!
Wow, so much hate in your heart. You can think and feel what lets you sleep at night but you will never heal until you can come to terms with your hate. I pray for some serenity in your life.
Katrinas Aunt

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2007

All facts not told wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, so much hate in your heart. You can think and feel what lets you sleep at night but you will never heal until you can come to terms with your hate. I pray for some serenity in your life.
I'm guessing he didn't kill a family member of yours...there would not be any hate in my heart if he had not killed my niece.
Save your prayers for John...he's going to need them once he gets into whichever Florida Department of Corrections Facility he will serve his time.
I sleep just fine now that I know he's FINALLY off the roads where I live.
jlc--mamacita

Casselberry, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2007

All facts not told wrote:
<quoted text>
It is apparent that you aren't well versed in the grieving process. It can take some people years to get over the anguish of losing a loved one in a senseless accident.

Losing a child is one of the hardest things a family goes through. And just because you can easily put this tragedy behind you, doesn't mean that Katrina's loved ones are able to do the same and as quickly.

I suspect you are related to or friends with Mr. Key. If this is true, you at least have your friend/family member around to talk to either by phone or in face to face visits. Katrina's family doesn't have that luxury.
Katrinas Mom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2007

jlc--mamacita wrote:
<quoted text>
It is apparent that you aren't well versed in the grieving process. It can take some people years to get over the anguish of losing a loved one in a senseless accident.
Losing a child is one of the hardest things a family goes through. And just because you can easily put this tragedy behind you, doesn't mean that Katrina's loved ones are able to do the same and as quickly.
I suspect you are related to or friends with Mr. Key. If this is true, you at least have your friend/family member around to talk to either by phone or in face to face visits. Katrina's family doesn't have that luxury.
Thank you for your last comment..I thought the same thing - he/she is either a friend or a relative...Your last paragraph hit the nail on the head. Thanks again
Jimmie

Curtis Bay, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2007

Peter came up to the Lord and asked, "How many times should I forgive someone who does something wrong to me? Is seven times enough?" Jesus answered: Not just seven times, but seventy-seven times!
(Mat 18:21-22)
her family knows D truth

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2011

katrina was a loser! this guy is losing 10 years of freedom for someone who did not appreciate her freedoms at all. i lived with her over a year and i know her way better than her mom or aunt. she never had a job until she was way over 21, when her mom finally got tired of giving her money for ciggs. she would constantly call her mother with lousy lies so she could get a mere $50 or so, that's all she needed to survive, she didnt need much more since she was always depending on someone else. like her friends or whoever would feel sorry for her lazy self. she always said she was adopted, so she was given a chance to have a better life but didnt take it all. always lied to her her mother for cash and used her aunt for a place to crash. "You took away all of Katrina's goals and dreams...." she had no goals or dreams. now i know where katrina learned to lie....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 26 of26
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mount Dora Discussions

Search the Mount Dora Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What About Lake Sheriff Borders? (Nov '11) 52 min Jeremy 283
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 1 hr Tools of Illuminati 2,618
FL 'Hiccup girl' charged with murder in Florida (Oct '10) 21 hr AND 1,786
Tavares Jones Brothers planes Apr 12 really 6
Wild idea? Massage therapist says predators can... Apr 8 LEGACY OF ASHES 2
93-year-old Apopka mayor wants another term Apr 8 Susan Shetrom 1
Sheriff Borders wants $3 Million to buy off the... Apr 6 hummm 17
•••
•••
•••
•••

Mount Dora Jobs

•••
•••