Lake man receives 10 years in DUI dea...

Lake man receives 10 years in DUI death -- OrlandoSentinel.com

There are 27 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jul 31, 2007, titled Lake man receives 10 years in DUI death -- OrlandoSentinel.com. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Holding a scrapbook filled with a life's worth of photos, a teary-eyed mother stood in a courtroom Monday and faced the man who plowed drunk into her daughter, Katrina Adkins, more than a year ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
All facts not told

Newport, KY

#23 Aug 3, 2007
Katrinas Aunt wrote:
I wish him NO peace....Katrina was not driving....she was a passenger in a car, on her way home. Who the hell are you to judge her innocence.....I feel sorry for his family, but they should have stopped his drinking long ago and thereby share some blame in letting him continue to drive drunk FOR YEARS!!!!!
Wow, so much hate in your heart. You can think and feel what lets you sleep at night but you will never heal until you can come to terms with your hate. I pray for some serenity in your life.
Katrinas Aunt

AOL

#25 Aug 4, 2007
All facts not told wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, so much hate in your heart. You can think and feel what lets you sleep at night but you will never heal until you can come to terms with your hate. I pray for some serenity in your life.
I'm guessing he didn't kill a family member of yours...there would not be any hate in my heart if he had not killed my niece.
Save your prayers for John...he's going to need them once he gets into whichever Florida Department of Corrections Facility he will serve his time.
I sleep just fine now that I know he's FINALLY off the roads where I live.
jlc--mamacita

Winter Garden, FL

#26 Aug 6, 2007
All facts not told wrote:
<quoted text>
It is apparent that you aren't well versed in the grieving process. It can take some people years to get over the anguish of losing a loved one in a senseless accident.

Losing a child is one of the hardest things a family goes through. And just because you can easily put this tragedy behind you, doesn't mean that Katrina's loved ones are able to do the same and as quickly.

I suspect you are related to or friends with Mr. Key. If this is true, you at least have your friend/family member around to talk to either by phone or in face to face visits. Katrina's family doesn't have that luxury.
Katrinas Mom

Naples, FL

#27 Aug 7, 2007
jlc--mamacita wrote:
<quoted text>
It is apparent that you aren't well versed in the grieving process. It can take some people years to get over the anguish of losing a loved one in a senseless accident.
Losing a child is one of the hardest things a family goes through. And just because you can easily put this tragedy behind you, doesn't mean that Katrina's loved ones are able to do the same and as quickly.
I suspect you are related to or friends with Mr. Key. If this is true, you at least have your friend/family member around to talk to either by phone or in face to face visits. Katrina's family doesn't have that luxury.
Thank you for your last comment..I thought the same thing - he/she is either a friend or a relative...Your last paragraph hit the nail on the head. Thanks again
Jimmie

Severna Park, MD

#28 Aug 7, 2007
Peter came up to the Lord and asked, "How many times should I forgive someone who does something wrong to me? Is seven times enough?" Jesus answered: Not just seven times, but seventy-seven times!
(Mat 18:21-22)
her family knows D truth

Orlando, FL

#31 Aug 3, 2011
katrina was a loser! this guy is losing 10 years of freedom for someone who did not appreciate her freedoms at all. i lived with her over a year and i know her way better than her mom or aunt. she never had a job until she was way over 21, when her mom finally got tired of giving her money for ciggs. she would constantly call her mother with lousy lies so she could get a mere $50 or so, that's all she needed to survive, she didnt need much more since she was always depending on someone else. like her friends or whoever would feel sorry for her lazy self. she always said she was adopted, so she was given a chance to have a better life but didnt take it all. always lied to her her mother for cash and used her aunt for a place to crash. "You took away all of Katrina's goals and dreams...." she had no goals or dreams. now i know where katrina learned to lie....
Nicole

Rome, GA

#32 Apr 9, 2016
Katrinas Mom wrote:
John Key plowed into the car Katrina was in in a matter of moments after the first accident. There was no time for any of them to get out of the way.
Mrs. Adkins, I dont know if you remember me but I grew up with Katrina. We were best friends from childhood. I just learned about this last night and am so, so terribly sorry. I have looked for her on social media for many years in hopes of reconnecting after having moved out of state. You are in my heart, and in my prayers. I have tried to find you on Facebook but have not been able to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Dora Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
April Conde Tom Conde BB Elizabeth scotty Houl... Sep 17 dee 1
Power Sep 11 Nancy 1
I don't much care for deland (Mar '06) Sep 11 Sneezy 40
horring around for years! (Feb '09) Sep 8 None ya 4
Law enforcement caught Sep 3 The Peoples Media 9
Workin man blues Sep 3 Hank 4
News Snowbirds causing traffic congestion (Jan '16) Aug '17 sam 25

Mount Dora Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance