Singer arrested on drug charges

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

The lead singer of the '60s rock band The Grass Roots faces three felony counts of obtaining prescription painkillers illegally after sheriff's detectives arrested him at his home in Mount Dora.
Comments
81 - 94 of 94 Comments Last updated Jul 14, 2011
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
JTV

Willis, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

I'm sorry it all happened...I have many happy memories of their music....BUT- if he committed a crime and it was out there on main street and was let go there would be an equal amount of outrage over the non-prosecution for a celebrity, especially a white one. If something is thrown into the officer's laps, they have to do something.
Dhanah

Greenbelt, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2009

I first met Rob over 12 years ago. They were playing at a county fair. He was jovial, fun and seemed to be really happy and pleased to be performing and speaking to us.
Fast forward to about 3 years ago. Again had the chance to 'meet' him. He looked worn-out and all of his energy seemed drained. I am so lucky I do NOT suffer from chronic pain; but I've known others who have. If he was driven to do this; he must be in agony. I can not of course definitively excuse his less than cordial behavior; I wasn't there. But, I can say that pain is one of the most fatiguing and draining things anyone can experience. If he has been living with this for years, than "Is It Any Wonder" that he' less than perky? Bless you Rob & Nancy; we are behind you and wishing you well.
enzee-Lynn MA wrote:
Feb 2008
A few years ago I saw the Grass Roots at a concert at the Hatch Shell on the shores of the Charles River in Boston. I enjoyed the show and the playing of hits like Temptation Eyes, Midnight Confessions, etc. Among the songs the group played was Don't Pull Your Love Out, a hit for Hamilton Joe Frank and Reynolds. I did not know why they played it.
After the show, Grill signed autographs, etc. I hung around after the show to enjoy the evening and as I was leaving I noticed the line of fans was down to its last few people. Seeing this I got in line to ask why the band had played Don't Pull Your Love Out. I never got an answer and Mr. Grill was less than polite to me. I've started listening to my Grass Roots 14 Greatest hits CD again. The music is good and I've rediscovered it, but I'm still wondering why they played that song. If anyone can tell me, I'd appreciate an answer.
Neil Zolot
Nick

Manheim, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2009

i think they regreted not recording the song because, it was offered to them first. they turned it down.
enzee-Lynn MA wrote:
Feb 2008
A few years ago I saw the Grass Roots at a concert at the Hatch Shell on the shores of the Charles River in Boston. I enjoyed the show and the playing of hits like Temptation Eyes, Midnight Confessions, etc. Among the songs the group played was Don't Pull Your Love Out, a hit for Hamilton Joe Frank and Reynolds. I did not know why they played it.
After the show, Grill signed autographs, etc. I hung around after the show to enjoy the evening and as I was leaving I noticed the line of fans was down to its last few people. Seeing this I got in line to ask why the band had played Don't Pull Your Love Out. I never got an answer and Mr. Grill was less than polite to me. I've started listening to my Grass Roots 14 Greatest hits CD again. The music is good and I've rediscovered it, but I'm still wondering why they played that song. If anyone can tell me, I'd appreciate an answer.
Neil Zolot
Honk

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

There never was a reversal of charges, they had him nailed. If you are doing shows in pain you more or less are broke. He was probably selling the things.
Bubblespawspa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2009

I just cant contemplate why the media has to smear someones good reputation so they can sell papers. Perhaps they should print a story about the other part of Rob Grills life, his music his good character, and maybe explain what physical issues lead to the situation. we are thinking of you both Rob and Nancy!
Vicky Bassett (former owner Bark Avenue)
Bubblespawspa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2009

Honk wrote:
There never was a reversal of charges, they had him nailed. If you are doing shows in pain you more or less are broke. He was probably selling the things.
you do know where ASSUMING gets you???
Bubblespawspa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2009

My love and support are with you Rob and Nancy, Rob youve had a ton of surgeries, no one should have to endure
debbie

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

Chronic pain is a real bitch to say the least about that. For cops to arrest a citizen on these so called drug related charges re-confirms one thing. The states and cities are not going out and getting the drug deallers the at home drug labs, no they are spending the peoples tax money on bogus charges to put money into their township the petty way. Get the bad guys coppers and leave decent people out of this, and do not spend money on trying to make them look bad. The whole scene is whacked out.
BRENDA GEIGER

Williamstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

i just seen him in wildwood nj AND GOD BLESS HIM.
You could tell he was not in good health. And when he came on stage he said he just left the hospital to be there. I wasnt sure if that was a joke or not So i went on the computer and I HAVE TO SAY FOR THE HEALTH PROBLEMS THAT HE HAS HE DID ONE HELL OF A JOB. LOVE THE SHOW YOU WHERE GREAT.
Colleen Campbell

Upper Marlboro, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2010

Get well Rob we miss you!
lovemornings

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2010

It seems he should not have gone to rehab, he should have gone to a Pain Management Clinic. Prayers.
grass roots fan

Jamestown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2010

I am sure trying to play concerts with an ill son and his own health problems couldn't be easy! My prayers are with him and his family- He is truly one of the greatest artists of all time!
Honk

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2011

Gimmie a break, his Grill not there Grass Roots ought to be arrested. When he does show up he's in a glazed over zombie like state with no voice, it is obvious he is more pain over his finances if you put on not there Grass Roots but billed as Rob Grill's Grass Roots or sit on a stool like a bar fly. I'm sure he sold his publishing like P.F. Sloan by '73. Entner lives in L.A. in a million dollar mansion, what's the deal with Mount Dora? Isn't that where bikers live?
Champ

Arlington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2011

I guess you could say Grill is cooked.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mount Dora Discussions

Search the Mount Dora Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 5 hr HCS 2,388
What About Lake Sheriff Borders? (Nov '11) 15 hr Why 477
Orange County sheriff's homicide unit proud of ... (Jan '08) Wed carl 5
Jail (Jul '13) Wed privatize 66
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) Jul 22 nina roth 2,063
Let's get a new Sheriff Jul 22 Jipped 82
Is Arthur McKee IV Bob's Long Lost Nephew (Mar '12) Jul 22 question 10
•••
•••
•••
Mount Dora Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Mount Dora Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000