Mount Dora police Lt. won't face crim...

Mount Dora police Lt. won't face criminal charges of sexual bat...

There are 22 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Mar 22, 2007, titled Mount Dora police Lt. won't face criminal charges of sexual bat.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Former Mount Dora police Lt. Roger Chilton will not face criminal charges of sexual battery, the Orange-Osceola State Attorney's Office said today, four months after a male transvestite accused the veteran ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Orlando Homegrown

Orlando, FL

#1 Mar 22, 2007
Good ole' Larson Lamar, perfect "bed-fellows" with DA Tanner! Floridians need to sack these two creeps! And they can take Kevin Beary along with them! People that travel SR441 will surely recognize that Circle K right there at the junction of 441 and Old 441! That has been "Hooker Haven" for years and years and every cop on the force is familiar with what goes on there. this cop wasn't giving anyone a courtesy ride anywhere, he was after sex and got it by coersion. I have absolutely no use for transvestites but even less for a cop that uses his badge to extract sex from hookers, queers, or anyone else he or she can terrorize. And of course it is no shocker that the uppety-ups have chosen not to prosecute for lack of evidence. I guess they need to reinstate his job then! I betcha they don't do that!
Small Town Girl

United States

#2 Mar 22, 2007
Did something transpire or not w/ the transvestite??? Are the police allowed to give "courtesy" rides? If it is a courtesy ride, does the priviledged rider get to ride in the front seat or back seat?

“PROUD TO BE CHRISTIAN”

Since: Mar 07

Batesville, AR

#3 Mar 22, 2007
you know what? there are serious problems with those transvestites. there are just TOO MANY OF THEM. if they can somehow keep them isolated (or at least a mile outside city limits) that would be fine.

and another thing ... i get really tired of this junk that you call "news".
Great day to be Alive

Tallahassee, FL

#4 Mar 22, 2007
I agree with you Orlando Homegrown

They are allowed to give courtesy rides but I do believe it is on a serious type basis. Not just like someone coming up and saying hey man I need a ride... I know many officers and they don't like ANYONE in their cars. It is in no way for personal use, which is the way it should be.
Mr. Chilton always seemed like a nice guy but if this is true then he deserves what he gets.
Sometimes people really surprise you...There are to many fakes out there
SOCCER MOM

Eustis, FL

#6 Mar 22, 2007
If I were the officer, and I did nothing wrong, I would NOT have resigned from my job.

Seems like he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Fortunately for him, his buddies in law enforcement could not obtain enough evidence so he gets off scot free. Lets hope he finds a different career.
Stepheno3

Orlando, FL

#7 Mar 22, 2007
Of course he is a police officer: What did anyone expect?
Stepheno3

Orlando, FL

#8 Mar 22, 2007
Orlando Homegrown wrote:
Good ole' Larson Lamar, perfect "bed-fellows" with DA Tanner! Floridians need to sack these two creeps! And they can take Kevin Beary along with them! People that travel SR441 will surely recognize that Circle K right there at the junction of 441 and Old 441! That has been "Hooker Haven" for years and years and every cop on the force is familiar with what goes on there. this cop wasn't giving anyone a courtesy ride anywhere, he was after sex and got it by coersion. I have absolutely no use for transvestites but even less for a cop that uses his badge to extract sex from hookers, queers, or anyone else he or she can terrorize. And of course it is no shocker that the uppety-ups have chosen not to prosecute for lack of evidence. I guess they need to reinstate his job then! I betcha they don't do that!
You got that righ 100 %
XOCSO

Houston, TX

#9 Mar 22, 2007
It really does not matter if you are a police officer or not. What matters is, are you a good ole boy or not. If you are, then Kevin Beary, Lamar and Tanner will be creative on their report and see that all charges are dismissed. If not, then they will be creative on the report and make it look like you really did commit the crime. They call this Creative Report Writing.

Since: Dec 06

Clermont

#10 Mar 22, 2007
Maybe we should just legalize prostitution, then most of these type cases wouldn't even come up. I'm not saying it's right that Lt. Chilton had a little private time with Bronson, if he did, but legalization would get these people off the streets so they wouldn't harass people who are not looking for it.
Proud Teacher

Orlando, FL

#11 Mar 22, 2007
XOCSO wrote:
It really does not matter if you are a police officer or not. What matters is, are you a good ole boy or not. If you are, then Kevin Beary, Lamar and Tanner will be creative on their report and see that all charges are dismissed. If not, then they will be creative on the report and make it look like you really did commit the crime. They call this Creative Report Writing.
I can't speak for Lamar and/or Tanner, but I can speak for Beary. He started out as a working man's boss, and was a positive influence on OCSO. The regular patrol deputies liked and respected him. It seems now, however, he's become part of the political machine that he formerly eschewed. The "good ol' boy" network has become an entrenched elephant - everyone knows it is there, but they claim not to see it. I've seen firsthand "dirty dealings" wherein deputies who had drunk driving arrests and other unsavory marks on their records received promotions over others who had spotless reputations and records. The differing factor? The ones getting promoted were part of Beary's faction. Some didn't even have to take a promotional exam - they were magically whisked into the higher echelons thanks to their friendships with Beary.
EvilEye

Yakutat, AK

#12 Mar 22, 2007
See? I told y'all he was not that type of man.

I believed in him from the start.
EvilEye

Yakutat, AK

#13 Mar 22, 2007
SOCCER MOM wrote:
If I were the officer, and I did nothing wrong, I would NOT have resigned from my job.
Yes you would have. You don't have to be found guilty in an investigation. It's not the same as being charged.

When a police officer quits during an investigation, he protects his future employment with other potential agencies, because the investigation ends right there. Not a cop? No INTERNAL investigation.

Had he not resigned, regardless of the outcome, the accusation would have been enough to keep him from ever getting hired again.

Any cop accused of what he was, guilty OR innocent would resign.
Dewnut

Winter Garden, FL

#14 Mar 22, 2007
SOCCER MOM wrote:
If I were the officer, and I did nothing wrong, I would NOT have resigned from my job.
Seems like he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Fortunately for him, his buddies in law enforcement could not obtain enough evidence so he gets off scot free. Lets hope he finds a different career.
We're talking about a transvestite! Ugh! I'm alternately cringing and laughing at the picture of a 'hand in the cookie jar", Double Uck!
Rich

Polk City, FL

#15 Mar 22, 2007
This is no surprise. Cops always get away with shady crap. It must be nice to be able to do illegal activities with impunity.
Whatever

Deland, FL

#16 Mar 22, 2007
EvilEye wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you would have. You don't have to be found guilty in an investigation. It's not the same as being charged.
When a police officer quits during an investigation, he protects his future employment with other potential agencies, because the investigation ends right there. Not a cop? No INTERNAL investigation.
Had he not resigned, regardless of the outcome, the accusation would have been enough to keep him from ever getting hired again.
Any cop accused of what he was, guilty OR innocent would resign.
A career LEO has to know that telling several different versions of his story while under oath is going to get him charged. Sounds pretty fishy to me!
J Dawg

Orlando, FL

#17 Mar 22, 2007
I winder if he will get his job back,
J Dawg

Orlando, FL

#18 Mar 22, 2007
Also why would home boy retire if he was innocent.
Huh

Converse, TX

#19 Mar 22, 2007
A police officer gave me a courtesy ride once about a year ago... in the front seat of his car (I'm a girl even)... He did nothing wrong... just helped me out in a bad spot when we had to leave my son's car parked in a lot and I needed to get back a mile away to my car. Since when is it not their role to protect and SERVE... and be a decent person?
Small Town Girl wrote:
Did something transpire or not w/ the transvestite??? Are the police allowed to give "courtesy" rides? If it is a courtesy ride, does the priviledged rider get to ride in the front seat or back seat?
Charlie T

Winter Park, FL

#20 Mar 23, 2007
This POS Bronson, is a known lier and felon. It is no wonder the SA won't prosecute him. It would be a waste. I agree with the SA in this case.
Kevin B

Winter Park, FL

#21 Mar 23, 2007
"Also why would home boy retire if he was innocent."

Who said he was innocent?

It's the good old boy network at work at its best.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Dora Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What About Lake Sheriff Borders? (Nov '11) 6 min The Peoples Media 1,073
News Research: Dropouts flee area schools (Oct '07) May 24 Willieneal123 55
News Central Florida leaders fear big loss if voters... May 20 Peter 2
Car mechanics... May 18 Janssenb 2
News Tavares H.S. Assistant Athletic Director Gavin ... (Dec '13) May 15 baylaker 14
anybody no May 11 long time friend 3
Sugar Daddy needed May 6 Runrun 2

Mount Dora Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Dora Mortgages