Obama health care supporters: Florida...

Obama health care supporters: Florida doctor tells Obama health...

There are 270 comments on the Fox 31 KDVR story from Apr 2, 2010, titled Obama health care supporters: Florida doctor tells Obama health.... In it, Fox 31 KDVR reports that:

A doctor who considers the national health-care overhaul to be bad medicine for the country posted a sign on his office door telling patients who voted for President Barack Obama to seek care "elsewhere." "I'm not turning anybody away - that would be unethical," Dr.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 31 KDVR.

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
Ranger 75th

Denver, CO

#1 Apr 2, 2010
Have Obamanites read the bill?!! This does not do anybody, but the ones that wrote it any good. Mandatory unfordable healthcare is the same as the current system, just mandatory. Didn't he make enough off the freddie mac housing fraud?!! Step to America there is a new communist in town.
firestonenecon

Denver, CO

#2 Apr 2, 2010
I can't count on my fingers the number of liberals that would disown someone because of their political beliefs. Liberals are down right nasty when you challenge their socialist beliefs. So for a liberal to say that this guy is the face of cruelty is purely hypocritical. I think it's about time that the right takes on some of the whiny complaining habits of the left and start throwing temper tantrums when we don't get what we want.
Becky

Littleton, CO

#3 Apr 2, 2010
I say good for HIM. He is saying what many are thinking. He has every right to voice his opinion just as anyone else. When a democrat voices their opinion it's free speech when a republican does it's immature. SO much for fair!
Greg

Rochester, NH

#4 Apr 2, 2010
This is NOT just Republicans are angry about this Health care bill as a Democrat myself and 7 other family Democrat members here are horrified over this bill and all the wasteful money my party has been spending, it just embarrassing how my party has treated the American citizens. i do hope the next party that gets in there does there best to block funding no matter what party wins..As a Democrat my friends sure bust my balls daily over and over this and i can't say much since i believe they are right...Greg

PS: i take this Doctors stand as an American not Republican, and our president and my party has did and UN-American thing to the people.
Godhelpus

Castle Rock, CO

#5 Apr 2, 2010
I noticed the reflection of the person who took the picture, perhaps they should reflect upon who they voted for and live, or rather die, with the consequences. Obama's Health Care Reform is WRONG and unhealthy!!!!
Becky

Littleton, CO

#6 Apr 2, 2010
Greg wrote:
This is NOT just Republicans are angry about this Health care bill as a Democrat myself and 7 other family Democrat members here are horrified over this bill and all the wasteful money my party has been spending, it just embarrassing how my party has treated the American citizens. i do hope the next party that gets in there does there best to block funding no matter what party wins..As a Democrat my friends sure bust my balls daily over and over this and i can't say much since i believe they are right...Greg
PS: i take this Doctors stand as an American not Republican, and our president and my party has did and UN-American thing to the people.
Greg- I have to say this is very nice to hear from a Democrat. I do know some who are simply democrat and agree with whatever their party tells them-some of my family included. It is nice for you to demonstrate that this is not always the case. And I know there are republicans that do the same as well. Blindly siding with you party without actually thinking for yourself is never a good thing regardless of what side you are on.
madmadmad

Denver, CO

#7 Apr 2, 2010
Good for him. If I lived there I would switch Doctors and go to him! The silent majority isn't so silent anymore.
If the liberals are so happy about this bill I would like to hear specifically what part of it makes them so happy. It appears to me from comments on several of these forums that the people who are unhappy are stating reasonable, logical reasons for their opinion. The people who embrace it are not supporting their opinion, just calling people names. The obvious conclusion, at least to me, is the supporters haven't studied the new bill.

I am challenging the liberals, right now, to tell me what part of this ligislation makes them happy.
JTBuckett

Littleton, CO

#8 Apr 2, 2010
I have to say I like this doctor, and as far as the other side whinning that he is cruel, do they really think he is the only doctor in this field? My gosh it's amazing how they get all bent out of shape because someone doesn't put on a happy sheep suit and follow the flock, whether they agree or not. Glad we still have the right to our own opinions.... still.
Johari

Denver, CO

#10 Apr 2, 2010
As an African American I am deeply disturbed by Dr. Cassell's sign. Although William Allen stated that Dr. Cassell is walking a "thin line between between his right to free speech and his professional obligation," I don't think that the line is that thin. African Americans are a group who were most likely to vote for Obama and support Health Reform. Does this mean that, whenever the "good" doctor has an African American patient that he will assume that they are in the wrong political camp and give them less than stellar care? Should all African Americans, no matter what their political preference avoid care at this office? This reminds me of the 60's when some of us were finally allowed to eat in certain restaurants. Sure, you could be served, but did you really want to guess what "extras" were in the food? Dr Cassel's actions are clearly unethical. Any way you slice it, his apple is still rotten
madmadmad

Denver, CO

#12 Apr 2, 2010
Oh, for Pete's sake. Why do some people have to turn everything into a race issue? I'm white, I know several black people. Every single one of them has studied this healthcare bill and are against it. Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid are white. Is it ok to disagree with them?
Sad

AOL

#13 Apr 2, 2010
Dr Cassell is from the party of hate. Clearly this fool only thinks of himself and his bank account. His apple is rotten to the core. Dr. Cassell supports the republican party, which is the party of hate,racism,and violence.
firestonenecon

Denver, CO

#14 Apr 2, 2010
Johari wrote:
As an African American I am deeply disturbed by Dr. Cassell's sign. Although William Allen stated that Dr. Cassell is walking a "thin line between between his right to free speech and his professional obligation," I don't think that the line is that thin. African Americans are a group who were most likely to vote for Obama and support Health Reform. Does this mean that, whenever the "good" doctor has an African American patient that he will assume that they are in the wrong political camp and give them less than stellar care? Should all African Americans, no matter what their political preference avoid care at this office? This reminds me of the 60's when some of us were finally allowed to eat in certain restaurants. Sure, you could be served, but did you really want to guess what "extras" were in the food? Dr Cassel's actions are clearly unethical. Any way you slice it, his apple is still rotten
When you look at a young colored, or whatever the trendy term now a days, dressed like some ghetto trash do you think criminal. If the shoe fits.
madmadmad

Denver, CO

#15 Apr 2, 2010
Sad,
Have you looked at Obamacare? He is doing this to protect all of us. Whatever it takes to get people to actually study this and learn for themselves how much EACH individual will suffer because of this legislation, is what needs to be done! I'm not hateful, racist or violent. I have educated myself as to the consequences of this new health bill and quite frankly I'm scared
JTBuckett

Littleton, CO

#16 Apr 2, 2010
madmadmad wrote:
Oh, for Pete's sake. Why do some people have to turn everything into a race issue? I'm white, I know several black people. Every single one of them has studied this healthcare bill and are against it. Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid are white. Is it ok to disagree with them?
I couldn't agree more, if we don't agree pokitically we were racists, never mind our voting record for years prior. For crying out loud how lazy of an argument is this, don't have to think about the issue, just throw a label and feel justified, well we just don't buy it, he is allowed to think different because he is different, and his life experience and value system is different, to say he should ignore who he is because someone cries race is childish. I have friend of every race, I value them for the background they bring to the table, but I don't agree with this health package... doesn't mean I suddenly don't like my friends who have a different shade of skin outside of their body. Get a grip.
class of 2012

Westminster, CO

#17 Apr 2, 2010
..stuff- is stupid
just because they'll increase HIS taxes and everyone who's against the reform, it's nice we are now kind of equal.. hell yea im saying they should pay more still!
class of 2012

Westminster, CO

#18 Apr 2, 2010
firestonenecon wrote:
<quoted text>
When you look at a young colored, or whatever the trendy term now a days, dressed like some ghetto trash do you think criminal. If the shoe fits.
ghetto trash?! man people these days... stereotyping
madmadmad

Denver, CO

#19 Apr 2, 2010
Johari wrote:
As an African American I am deeply disturbed by Dr. Cassell's sign. Although William Allen stated that Dr. Cassell is walking a "thin line between between his right to free speech and his professional obligation," I don't think that the line is that thin. African Americans are a group who were most likely to vote for Obama and support Health Reform.
Are you stating that African Americans are a group who were most likely to vote for Obama because he is half black and his opponent was white? Now that would be recist wouldn't it?
urloco

Denver, CO

#20 Apr 2, 2010
class of 2012 wrote:
..stuff- is stupid
just because they'll increase HIS taxes and everyone who's against the reform, it's nice we are now kind of equal.. hell yea im saying they should pay more still!
His equal? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha haha! In your dreams. Get your education, then we'll meet again and talk about equality when there aren't any jobs for you because of Obama's policies. See you at the trough, slave.
Becky

Denver, CO

#21 Apr 2, 2010
Johari wrote:
As an African American I am deeply disturbed by Dr. Cassell's sign. Although William Allen stated that Dr. Cassell is walking a "thin line between between his right to free speech and his professional obligation," I don't think that the line is that thin. African Americans are a group who were most likely to vote for Obama and support Health Reform. Does this mean that, whenever the "good" doctor has an African American patient that he will assume that they are in the wrong political camp and give them less than stellar care? Should all African Americans, no matter what their political preference avoid care at this office? This reminds me of the 60's when some of us were finally allowed to eat in certain restaurants. Sure, you could be served, but did you really want to guess what "extras" were in the food? Dr Cassel's actions are clearly unethical. Any way you slice it, his apple is still rotten
You say you don't want to be signaled out for being an African American but you are the only one here turning it into a race issue. You can't possibly think that everyone thinks all black People voted for Obama and therefore the Dr. will assume so. He is the president-if you can't handle criticism against him you need to shut yourself in your house and never leave. The Dr. has every right to voice his opinion and as the article says he does not question his patients as to their political preference and therefore you can not call him unethical.
madmadmad

Denver, CO

#22 Apr 2, 2010
class of 2012 wrote:
..stuff- is stupid
just because they'll increase HIS taxes and everyone who's against the reform, it's nice we are now kind of equal.. hell yea im saying they should pay more still!
Actually you're going to pay more. Or at least your parents will. Now everybody has to buy insurance. There's no cap on insurance prices. Actually though, this bill is an incentive not to buy insurance. The penalty is only $95 or 1% of income, less than one months premium. They eliminated the pre-existing clause so as people learn that its cheaper to wait till your sick to buy insurance, there will be fewer people paying in and premiums will skyrocket. Also illegals aren't included in Obamacare, so they don't have to buy insurance or pay a penalty, however, there is no provision for the hospitals to send them away, so, they have to treat them, can't collect and the prices go up. As prices go up insurance premiums go up. By the time the class of 2012 has to buy insurance the Cadillac tax of 40% will kick in. By that time all insurance premiums will fall into that category. So get ready class of 2012. You won't be able to buy a house, a car or groceries but you'll be paying a 40% tax on your manditory insurance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Dora Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SShhhhh.......Englishmen Are Bad Lovers 6 min the circus is in ... 1
News Witnesses ID'd Richard Anderson as hit-and-run ... 5 hr d stanley 1
Say What? Jun 22 the circus is in... 1
no rubio! Jun 22 the circus is in ... 1
Sorry State Officials Jun 22 the circus is in ... 1
Vote NO to the NRA!!! Jun 22 the circus is in ... 1
FWC scumbags and the bear hunt Jun 22 the circus is in ... 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Dora Mortgages