Standoff ends in shooting

Standoff ends in shooting

There are 13 comments on the The Daily Commercial story from Jan 8, 2013, titled Standoff ends in shooting. In it, The Daily Commercial reports that:

Chaston Liming holds a gun to his head minutes before shooting himself as Lake County SWAT Team members move in on Monday, Jan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Commercial.

follow up to story

Debary, FL

#1 Jan 10, 2013
Chaston Liming was air lifted to ORMC, is he alive? No one has reported this?
paul harvey

United States

#2 Jan 10, 2013
we never get any follow ups on anything in Lake county. Is the guy still alive or did deputy sylvester follow him to the hospital and finish him off to save money and stop the guy from telling anyone why he had rather die than go back to the lake county jail. Maybe Borders had him brought to his office for sex the last time? stranger things have happened with Borders and his jail sex.
Gingagoldenhair

Sanford, FL

#3 Jan 13, 2013
He's alive...in critical, but stable condition.
Gingagoldenhair

Sanford, FL

#4 Jan 13, 2013
And Lake County is dicked up...they overreact to most situations and under-react when they should be more "Johnny on the spot". It has always and will always be so. There is more corruption in this swampy little county than there is in any other place in Flroida. The Eustis cops are a joke. They are a bunch of ignorant, low-rent retards who happen to be able to spell words with 3 or more letters...that's the only requirement. Paul Harvey, if you know something about jail sex, you should report it to the Orlando Sentinel...although you should be careful, they tend to print misinformation, too. This kid was reported dead by the Daily Commercial....I hope his family sues the pants off of them. The Daily Commercial also printed photos of this kid laying on the ground after he shot himself in the head. SENSATIONALISM....
they all know

United States

#5 Jan 13, 2013
Everybady around here knows about Gary Borders having young men brought to his office for homo sex when he was the "head" jailer. How do you think Ralph Bowers just got out of 5 counts of rape of his city hall employee? One of Borders jail rape victims lives near someone that Bowers knows and the victim give them all the gory details and even told them which jailer Borders had to take him out of the cell and deliver him to daddy Borders. Sentinel, Commercial and ever TV station knows all about this chet and they know nothing will even be done about it so they won't even look into it. google it and get all the details.
Gingagoldenhair

Sanford, FL

#6 Jan 14, 2013
I believe it....and I will totally google it....Borders in NOT exactly well respected, is he?
wally world

United States

#7 Jan 15, 2013
Borders has been "handling & playing" with little boys his entire abult life if you want to call him an adult!

But, of all the rotten deceitful things he has done to people keeping those 5 little boys out of sight at his school for 75 days after they had reported to his sheriff's office that Borders little boy toy friend Tyler Anthony Jackson had brutally raped them over the summer of 2009 maybe the worst. This is one sick man don't let your little boys around him and Clermont Wal-Mart is is favorite shopping with boys store too!
really

AOL

#8 Jan 15, 2013
Wondering if anyone has any information on the drowning death of Tammy Foster at 1302 St. Andrews blvd,eustis floride july 2009.Home owner John Santoiemma,people at the home the time of drowning,christopher foster,greg houlberg,rosetta perry,april conde,justin gregory,jennifer mcdaniel,elizabeth wilson,justin gregory,sonja hicks.One on these people know's exactly what happened that night,she was not swimming the pool was green not in working condition.
NoneYa

New Buffalo, MI

#9 Jan 15, 2013
I am a long time friend of Chastons. Some of the things that are said on here is just plain ridiculous. Get a life and stop judging Chastons from a news article. He has had a hard life, made some very poor decisions, and was stuck in a city where the police was out to get him since day 1. He is a good guy at heart. I guess you would have had to know him 10 years ago.. when things were "different" for most of us. I personally have had a hard life myself, but he had me beat.

but seriously, all the people who judge, please STFU. Maybe when this happens to someone close to you, you will have a change of heart about what you say online. Only God knows.
tired

Lady Lake, FL

#10 Jan 20, 2013
Any updates on this guy???
Did he die yet??
tired

Lady Lake, FL

#11 Jan 21, 2013
Hopefully he is dead, instead of living off th governments tit for the next 50 yrs
Realist

Eustis, FL

#12 Feb 8, 2013
Has anyone heard anything about Chaston? He was released last month and I cannot get any info on his condition or whereabouts. I made attempts contacting his family and have gotten no response. Chaston is truly missed in my household. He was one of a kind and we all miss him dearly. If someone can please help me out you would really make my day. Thank you.
NoneYa

Benton Harbor, MI

#13 Nov 13, 2014
Realist - I see he was releast also. If you look at LCSO, you can see a picture of him. He has a scar on the side of his head, so I know it was of the incident. Not sure how to get a hold of him. If you see him, let him know AK misses him

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Dora Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Check out the backdrop of Rick Scott's hurrican... Aug 28 the circus is in ... 1
Preppy Boy Aug 28 the circus is in ... 1
What About Lake Sheriff Borders? (Nov '11) Aug 28 SMH 701
I love Bindi Irwin Aug 25 the circus is in ... 1
The Jeff Ashton thing is turning too serious Aug 25 the circus is in ... 1
The mountain of bison skulls Aug 25 the circus is in ... 1
Chill out and have a good laugh Aug 25 the circus is in ... 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Dora Mortgages