Lorrie Chappell of Round Lake is rookie teacher of the year

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

Lorrie Chappell teaches third grade at Round Lake Elementary in Mount Dora. Lorrie Chappell, a third-grade teacher at Round Lake Elementary in Mount Dora, is the Lake school district's rookie teacher of the year.
Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Nov 1, 2013
Florida Native

Tavares, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2009

Congratulations Mrs. Lorrie

I am so glad that you finally became a Teacher, your hard work and dedication are very much appreciated. It is hard working teachers like yourself that make Lake County Schools a great place to be.
Kaylee

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2009

Congrads to Ms. Chappell.
Carrie

Tavares, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2009

What's sad is that this Rookie Teacher of the Year is not guaranteed her position (or even a job at all) next year in Lake County. All 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year teachers may lose their jobs next year as more experienced teachers get cut and replace the rookies.
Fed up

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2009

Carrie wrote:
What's sad is that this Rookie Teacher of the Year is not guaranteed her position (or even a job at all) next year in Lake County. All 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year teachers may lose their jobs next year as more experienced teachers get cut and replace the rookies.
Yeah, and what is sad is that most of Lake County's finest teaccher of the year candidates cannot be guranteed their jubs next year. Congrats on getting the title but I hate to inform you that we cannot re-hire you next year. Budget cuts suck don't they?
ghost

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2011

yea i think you should be mom and loser of the year always on my mind ,not good either,will see you some day ,thinking of you always and my kids ,just so you know ,you we're never good enough to ,bother or get in trouble for ,just coke sniffing lying bitch teacher of yeAR MY ASS AND THAT COP HUSBAND ANOTHER LAKE COUNTY CROOK ,HAVE A GOOD DAY MISS LORRIE
Penny

Mount Dora, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2011

You aren't very intelligent. That's for damn sure. I won't even begin to go all grammar Nazi on your ass, but aside from that I'm here to say the following. I think you quite ignorantly fail to realize that two of HER and HER HUSBAND'S children are in certain jobs that the general public tend to not threaten, harass, stalk, so forth and so on, etc etc.. Her son is proud infantry soldier, and her daughter is an outstanding police officer, with many arrests under belt. Funny and ironic how well they've turned out all the while you've always been and always will be a piece of shit. You're not a ghost. You're a fucking pussy. But rest assured, if you EVER touch, injure, or do anything of the sort I can PROMISE you that you'll never see the light of day again. So please do continue about your horrible excuse of a life and during your many drunken nights, snort a bit too much and burst your ugly ass heart. I will have a celebration on the day of your death. You're nothing to any of us, and never have been. Remember, you may think you're doing the watching.. But sleep with both eyes open, I always will know where you are and I will always been ten steps ahead of you..
Penny

Mount Dora, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2011

^^^^^directed at "ghost"
ghost

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2011

not good grammar for whatever you are ,but beleive me ,those children of yours will know who there real dad is one day for good or worse ,and at least i wouldnt .be so stupid as to threaten somebody on here ,i have never feared anyone and definitly not a pussy and i surely always know where everyones at, and i never sleep with eyes open cause i never fear dying ,i welcome it so have good day ,and as far as doing cocaine not happening having a lot of fun though so yall have a good day .
ghost

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2011

you know forget this stuff ,not worth the bother ,only pussies are police officers who need badge to beat on people they never could without one, see it every day ,thats enough real truth hurts yall have good life .glad kids did good bye ,im beyond this craziness,having to good of time traveling seeing world .
ghost

Southwest Brevard Cnty, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2012

would like to set something straight ,botherwed me since i said it ,for kids sake and mine ,LORRIE never did coke or drugs ,and never even drank im sorry for saying it ,sorry to ruin your image ,so just wanted to set my mine sraight ,i cant live with that lie .have a good life
ghost

Winter Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

TIMES UP

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mount Dora Discussions

Search the Mount Dora Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Sheriff Borders wants $3 Million to buy off the... 1 hr SMH 31
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 11 hr Space Shrinker 2,932
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 14 hr Arthur 2,403
What About Lake Sheriff Borders? (Nov '11) 22 hr educate yourself 504
Jail (Jul '13) Jul 28 the trouble of it is 68
Covering Up Child Rapes (Jan '11) Jul 28 mommadona 4
Let's get a new Sheriff Jul 28 next in line 84
•••
•••
•••
•••

Mount Dora Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••