New pastor gives Umatilla's 1st Bapti...

New pastor gives Umatilla's 1st Baptist Church renewed life

There are 3 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from May 10, 2008, titled New pastor gives Umatilla's 1st Baptist Church renewed life. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

The Rev. Brooks Braswell's comments from the pulpit have gotten him into deep water lately.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Anonymous

Ocala, FL

#1 May 13, 2008
I have attended many churches in my lifetime, but have never witnessed the power that Brooks has. I attended the church regularly prior to the split, witnessed the hardships the church went through, and have seen what a difference GOD can make through one man. I, myself, have since been baptised and voted in as a member of the church and praise GOD that he was able to help our church rise again. Brooks has made such a difference in so many lives, including mine. It is hard to belive that someone so young can have so much wisdom, guidance, and power!
RLC

Tallahassee, FL

#2 Oct 8, 2009
It's really disappointing how little credit religion gives to mankind. Why can't we do good things without it being some divine intervention that caused us to do good. Maybe it's simply hard work, thought, and definitive skill? Just a thought for you to think on.
Brooks Fan

Lady Lake, FL

#3 Apr 2, 2010
I have been going to church my whole life and my husband and I just starting going to Umatilla and BROOKS ROCKS... He is filled with the love of God, you can just see it. And when he starts to speak, you know he is a awesome man.

We are true PASTOR BROOKS FANS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Dora Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who is lauren ritchie? (Sep '15) 7 hr murf the surf 17
George Wills Dumps his Republican status Sun the circus is in ... 1
SShhhhh.......Englishmen Are Bad Lovers Sun the circus is in ... 1
News Witnesses ID'd Richard Anderson as hit-and-run ... Sun d stanley 1
Say What? Jun 22 the circus is in... 1
no rubio! Jun 22 the circus is in ... 1
Sorry State Officials Jun 22 the circus is in ... 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Dora Mortgages