Door To Door Solicitor's
Cindy

Roseville, MI

#1 Oct 1, 2011
Is there any candidate that is looking into the influx of more door to door solicitor's not going by our city rules or regulations. This is even though I have a No Solicitation sticker on my door. Recently someone supposedly from Comcast came to my door and pounded no less than 4 times and this is in one day. For the first 3 times I did not answer even though I have a doorbell he decided to pound on the glass door. I do admit that it startled me each time as I was alone in the house. The fourth time I did go to the door and even though I pointed to my No Solicitation sticker he would not just accept this. He told me I had to listen to him. Sometimes you read in the paper that supposedly thieves knock on your door acting like they have something to sell to you and if you do not answer they go around to the back or break in. I would like solicitor's to just go by the rules of this city and honor NO SOLICITATION stickers and they are not. Anyone else having this problem?
Melissa

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#2 Oct 1, 2011
During the summer concerts. Chuck Hall came around the park asking people if they had any issues they wanted to talk about. My Mother told him about these doorbangers. He said he has given the city some ideas on this and they are going to be working on the ordinances soon. He asked my mother if she used a computer. She does, He gave us a web sight to check on and he said there are many shores people who talk about this on facbook so we checked it out and I would say out of all the people running he's been on top of this.
Excerise your rights

Farmington, MI

#3 Oct 1, 2011
Cindy wrote:
Is there any candidate that is looking into the influx of more door to door solicitor's not going by our city rules or regulations. This is even though I have a No Solicitation sticker on my door. Recently someone supposedly from Comcast came to my door and pounded no less than 4 times and this is in one day. For the first 3 times I did not answer even though I have a doorbell he decided to pound on the glass door. I do admit that it startled me each time as I was alone in the house. The fourth time I did go to the door and even though I pointed to my No Solicitation sticker he would not just accept this. He told me I had to listen to him. Sometimes you read in the paper that supposedly thieves knock on your door acting like they have something to sell to you and if you do not answer they go around to the back or break in. I would like solicitor's to just go by the rules of this city and honor NO SOLICITATION stickers and they are not. Anyone else having this problem?
Here's what to do the next time someone comes soliciting at your door. First get a handgun and place it in the front of your waistband. It DOESN'T have to be loaded. Then open the door and when the solicitor starts talking simply point to your NO SOLICITOR sign and say NOT INTERESTED. If the solicitor continues to talk, then look down at the gun and then back up to their eyes. Repeat several times if necessary. Guarantee that when the solicitor sees the gun they will shut up and leave quickly. And there is nothing illegal about what you did. My brother is a lawyer and he said the the law states that when on your own property you can legally carry a firearm as long as you don't point it at anyone. No CCW permit required. Just make sure you know where your property ends and the city property starts. I know this works because a couple of weeks ago some guy came to my door trying to sell me new windows and siding. The very second I opened the door he started talking. I interupted him and said not interested while glancing down at the unloaded gun in my waistband. The look on his face was priceless. The only thing he said then was "thank you for your time" while he was walking off the porch. I closed the door, grabbed the phone and called my husband who was at work. When I told him what happened and that his idea of the gun in the waistband worked, we both couldn't stop laughing. I must that I'm now looking forward to the next visit from the Jehovah Witness's.
Nice try

Roseville, MI

#4 Oct 1, 2011
Exercise your rights wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's what to do the next time someone comes soliciting at your door. First get a handgun and place it in the front of your waistband. It DOESN'T have to be loaded. Then open the door and when the solicitor starts talking simply point to your NO SOLICITOR sign and say NOT INTERESTED. If the solicitor continues to talk, then look down at the gun and then back up to their eyes. Repeat several times if necessary. Guarantee that when the solicitor sees the gun they will shut up and leave quickly. And there is nothing illegal about what you did. My brother is a lawyer and he said the the law states that when on your own property you can legally carry a firearm as long as you don't point it at anyone. No CCW permit required. Just make sure you know where your property ends and the city property starts. I know this works because a couple of weeks ago some guy came to my door trying to sell me new windows and siding. The very second I opened the door he started talking. I interrupted him and said not interested while glancing down at the unloaded gun in my waistband. The look on his face was priceless. The only thing he said then was "thank you for your time" while he was walking off the porch. I closed the door, grabbed the phone and called my husband who was at work. When I told him what happened and that his idea of the gun in the waistband worked, we both couldn't stop laughing. I must that I'm now looking forward to the next visit from the Jehovah Witness's.
You are one of the biggest dickweeds I have ever read on this sight, the salesman was trying to sell something, he/she does have the right to get the police involve, and you could have legal issues against you. Not answering the door isn't illegal, but answering the door and looking down at your gun, as if you may use it against a salesman, or anybody else could be a threat to them, sign or no sign.
Smallie Biggs

Mount Clemens, MI

#5 Oct 2, 2011
I open the door with a pair of boxers on and my blacksnake swingin free. I look them in the eye, down at my big hog, and back at them. Awww yeaaaaah.
Kevin

Detroit, MI

#6 May 3, 2013
I am a door to door salesman. A true salesman will see the sign and move on. If they knock on your door don't answer or tell them no soliciting. Don't trust those sales people who push, they work hard yes, but just tell them no thank you. They should be polite back. If not just call in on them. I hope that this helps anyone who looks at this post.
not Joe Backus

Warren, MI

#7 May 3, 2013
Kevin wrote:
I am a door to door salesman. A true salesman will see the sign and move on. If they knock on your door don't answer or tell them no soliciting. Don't trust those sales people who push, they work hard yes, but just tell them no thank you. They should be polite back. If not just call in on them. I hope that this helps anyone who looks at this post.
That may work for you in Cleveland, OH. I doubt that would work here is SCS.
Sorry Mike

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#8 May 5, 2013
Nice try wrote:
<quoted text>
You are one of the biggest dickweeds I have ever read on this sight, the salesman was trying to sell something, he/she does have the right to get the police involve, and you could have legal issues against you. Not answering the door isn't illegal, but answering the door and looking down at your gun, as if you may use it against a salesman, or anybody else could be a threat to them, sign or no sign.
Man, how stupid and uninformed can a person be? You come on to my property uninvited, especially when I have a sign that says stay away, then FUCK YOU. I wouldn't glance down at my gun and point at my sign, I would open the door and stick the barrel right in his face! And it wouldn't be UN loaded either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Clemens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
David Rubello 1 hr winnersloosers 11
SCS Candidates 2017 7 hr super know 1
Write in 7 hr votedave 7
Remember When... 15 hr Paint it black 16
Good guy? Mon truth 4
Direct tv refer a friend (Sep '12) Mon Ponde 52
Steves Backroom Aug 28 moneymomma 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Clemens Mortgages