$3,136.55 Water bill after new water ...

$3,136.55 Water bill after new water meter install.

Posted in the Mount Clemens Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Houston We Have a Problem

Grosse Pointe, MI

#1 Mar 16, 2013
What a crock of shit! So I finally get my new meter installed and get the "final" reading. The numbers didn't mean anything to me at the time, so I just thanked the guy and showed him out. I haven't gotten the paper bill yet, I saw the useage online. Anyway, this is what they are saying. The meter reader reads the little odometer on the outside of the house. My house,like many in the neighborhood, also has numbers on the meter itself. The dials on the METER are the gospel, not the one on the side of the house. So it turns out there was a discrepency between the 2 in favor of the city. I bought the house 11 years ago and nobody ever said ANYTHING to me about this. I demanded to see the old meter and was told it was already scrapped. Consider yourself lucky if you still have an old original meter in your house with no dial on it. Think I'm gonna call Fox 2 or something.
Clueless in Houston

Fraser, MI

#2 Mar 17, 2013
All meters have dials on them. You signed the paper when they replaced the meter. That paper had both the outside reading and the inside meter read on it. If you are too stupid to not read what you sign.......well too bad.
Better Think Twice

Farmington, MI

#3 Mar 17, 2013
Houston We Have a Problem wrote:
What a crock of shit! So I finally get my new meter installed and get the "final" reading. The numbers didn't mean anything to me at the time, so I just thanked the guy and showed him out. I haven't gotten the paper bill yet, I saw the useage online. Anyway, this is what they are saying. The meter reader reads the little odometer on the outside of the house. My house,like many in the neighborhood, also has numbers on the meter itself. The dials on the METER are the gospel, not the one on the side of the house. So it turns out there was a discrepency between the 2 in favor of the city. I bought the house 11 years ago and nobody ever said ANYTHING to me about this. I demanded to see the old meter and was told it was already scrapped. Consider yourself lucky if you still have an old original meter in your house with no dial on it. Think I'm gonna call Fox 2 or something.
Before you call Fox 2 you may want to think about this. You say that you've lived in the house for 11 years which equals 132 months. If you divide the $3,136 by the 132 months that comes out to an average of $23.75 per month. That $23.75 may not sound so bad especially if there is more than one person living in your home. I'm not saying that you don't have a legitimate beef, but you could end up looking like a fool on the TV if a reporter for the news interviews someone at city hall and they break your bill down.
Houston We Have a Problem

Grosse Pointe, MI

#4 Mar 17, 2013
Better Think Twice wrote:
<quoted text>
Before you call Fox 2 you may want to think about this. You say that you've lived in the house for 11 years which equals 132 months. If you divide the $3,136 by the 132 months that comes out to an average of $23.75 per month. That $23.75 may not sound so bad especially if there is more than one person living in your home. I'm not saying that you don't have a legitimate beef, but you could end up looking like a fool on the TV if a reporter for the news interviews someone at city hall and they break your bill down.
I paid the bill I got every quarter. I ran about $200 depending on the season. The $3136 is ON TOP of the bills I paid every quarter. They read the meter.....I paid the bill.
Houston We Have a Problem

Grosse Pointe, MI

#5 Mar 17, 2013
Clueless in Houston wrote:
All meters have dials on them. You signed the paper when they replaced the meter. That paper had both the outside reading and the inside meter read on it. If you are too stupid to not read what you sign.......well too bad.
You're telling me that you know just by looking what the cost of so many "units" of water costs? Bullshit. It would be different if the "final" on the old meter included a dollar amount. Trust me, if the paper I signed said I owed an EXTRA $3136.00 I would have gone ballistic right there. I dosen't matter anyway. My mistake was not double-checking the reading on the inside meter before it went into the srcap heap. I'd like for them to tell me how I used around 300,000 (my math) extra gallons of water. And by the way, NOT ALL meters have dials on them. There are still many,many old meters inside houses with no measuring devices on them at all. They are connected to remote units on the outside of the house.
Maybe they will forget

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#6 Mar 17, 2013
Thanks for the High Water Bills Rusi..There's number 8..

You are batting 100
check the record

Grosse Pointe, MI

#7 Mar 17, 2013
Rusie voted no on the new meter program. LMAO
check the record

Grosse Pointe, MI

#8 Mar 17, 2013
Maybe they will forget wrote:
Thanks for the High Water Bills Rusi..There's number 8..
You are batting 100
http://www.candgnews.com/news/city-council-mo...

Too many loose ends and unanswered issues when approved.:)
the people will rise

Grosse Pointe, MI

#9 Mar 17, 2013
yeah right she probably planted that newstory online.. nice Try.
check the record

Grosse Pointe, MI

#10 Mar 17, 2013
Whatever..but I do have the most luscious vanilla skin and jet-black hair.
stop the meters

Roseville, MI

#11 Mar 17, 2013
Maybe they will forget wrote:
Thanks for the High Water Bills Rusi..There's number 8..
You are batting 100
I could have sworn the Peter eater was against the new meters. He was in front of council before elected and talked about the meters comming from over seas and he was against them. Didnt Dumas start this whole thing about the radio read meters any way?

Maybe the meter program is taking care of the Police pensions expence.
Houston We Have a Problem

Grosse Pointe, MI

#12 Mar 19, 2013
I dont mind the smart meters. I don't think they can listen in on my private conversations or make me grow a third testicle. I believe they are 100% accurate. I just think giving somebody a $3k+ bill and telling them they have to pay is bullshit.
Involved

Keego Harbor, MI

#13 Mar 20, 2013
Better Think Twice wrote:
<quoted text>
Before you call Fox 2 you may want to think about this. You say that you've lived in the house for 11 years which equals 132 months. If you divide the $3,136 by the 132 months that comes out to an average of $23.75 per month. That $23.75 may not sound so bad especially if there is more than one person living in your home. I'm not saying that you don't have a legitimate beef, but you could end up looking like a fool on the TV if a reporter for the news interviews someone at city hall and they break your bill down.
Can you please put a phone number down so someone can contact you, we have started proceedings on a class action lawsuit against the city, these actions they are taking are unconstitutional. Thanks.
For the luv of God

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#14 Mar 20, 2013
Can the city force those meters on residents?
If I tell them they can't come in my house, what can they do?
ekim

Allen Park, MI

#15 Mar 21, 2013
Has anyone recieved a refund because the the meter was faulty in the residents favor?
Bone dry

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#16 Mar 21, 2013
For the luv of God wrote:
Can the city force those meters on residents?
If I tell them they can't come in my house, what can they do?
Shut your water off as a start. The meter is city property and they are allowed access to their property.
Houston We Have a Problem

Grosse Pointe, MI

#17 Mar 21, 2013
Just saw a resident on TV at the latest council meeting with the same issue as me. Got a "final" bill for the diff between the inside and the outside meters. And the ARE sending out shutoff notices on these. And there is not SHIT anybody can do about it. Put me on a payment plan for 5 years? F-U!
They lie too

Grosse Pointe, MI

#18 Mar 23, 2013
Two years ago I had a $ 2100.00 bill. Watch your meter for a huge jump in numbers.
Allison E

Grosse Pointe, MI

#19 Apr 8, 2013
Pay your bill in all pennies.
Kiss off

Roseville, MI

#20 Apr 8, 2013
Houston We Have a Problem wrote:
Just saw a resident on TV at the latest council meeting with the same issue as me. Got a "final" bill for the diff between the inside and the outside meters. And the ARE sending out shutoff notices on these. And there is not SHIT anybody can do about it. Put me on a payment plan for 5 years? F-U!
Drill a well in your basement and dont use city water for anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Clemens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Erin Stahl tries again 8 hr mesc 2
Midevil themed restaurant 9 hr Jen 1
Scott Dodich Council Candidate 16 hr Loan default 6
Does anyone remember? (Jun '09) Apr 19 Rob 16
Parade Complaint Dept (Jun '16) Apr 11 MLK 8
Conflict of Interest Mar 30 Daffy 7
Why did Ashley get arrested? (Aug '13) Mar '17 Facebook Friend 4

Mount Clemens Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Clemens Mortgages