St. Clair Shores City Manager Ben Hug...

St. Clair Shores City Manager Ben Hughes Resigns

There are 38 comments on the Patch.com story from Nov 1, 2012, titled St. Clair Shores City Manager Ben Hughes Resigns. In it, Patch.com reports that:

St. Clair Shores City Council unanimously accepted the resignation of City Manager Ben Hughes on Thursday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sam

Fraser, MI

#1 Nov 2, 2012
Good. I was astounded that they picked him in the first place. Now Chris Rayes and Liz Koto also need to go for allowing a rogue Council person with no authority to take pictures of an inside of a residence what so ever and post a Notice of Demolition on the door for all the world to see when he had no authority at all to do this!
Frank

Royal Oak, MI

#3 Nov 2, 2012
If Ben would have held CDI accountable for their actions he may not be in this situation.
Waiting to exhale

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#4 Nov 2, 2012
you idiots seem to forget that employees don't allow city council to do anything. They have bosses and when they are told to do something, they must do it. Put the blame where it needs to be and that's solely on Vitale.
Joe Schmoe

Fraser, MI

#5 Nov 2, 2012
The city attorney is the one that needs to go.
ekim

Mount Clemens, MI

#6 Nov 2, 2012
So Benny quits his job and get 4 months pay and 6 months of ins. Last time I quit a job I got my first COBRA bill.
What deal was cut? Resign or get fired. With only a 2 day notice.
not Joe Backus

Harper Woods, MI

#7 Nov 2, 2012
ekim wrote:
So Benny quits his job and get 4 months pay and 6 months of ins. Last time I quit a job I got my first COBRA bill.
these questions need to be asked and answered....

the peolple of SCS will not go unheard.....we shall speake and speake loud.........
SCS going in the toilet

Arvada, CO

#8 Nov 2, 2012
Makes me go hmmmm. Probably a little too much heat in the kitchen. Didn't someone put the FBI on to all the shenanigans in city hall and in the tall building in Mt. Clemens?
heading north

Denver, CO

#9 Nov 2, 2012
A few years back it was rumored that the FBI was working downriver, busted some one there, went to detroit and busted kwame and Co and now in Macomb county. Its a very real possibility.
heading north

Denver, CO

#10 Nov 2, 2012
just found this in the macomb daily in the comment section of the story regarding ben hughes resignation.

Rwilliams 6 hours ago in reply to Guest
Something is going on today, because feds were seen going into City Hall.

Anyone have any info?
Whatanass

United States

#11 Nov 2, 2012
What a buch of freaking. Morons. So let me get this straight. Feds go into city hall and everybody sees this but low and behold, not a news outlet in town has a story on it. Next there will be a grassy noll and a maguc bullet.

Nice job stupid.
Good Riddance

Grosse Pointe, MI

#12 Nov 2, 2012
ekim wrote:
Also, his contract had EXPIRED. So, why pay someone severance if their contract was done with? Is this SCS or Wayne County and Turkia Mullin? Sure, the $ amount is not as high, but it's the same principle.

Hmm, wonder if it is a repeat of what happened in Racine....

Here's hoping he moves soon and the new owners of his house get rid of the weeds, cut the grass, and keep any dogs from running around the neighborhood. Good riddance.
Back Stabbers

Novi, MI

#13 Nov 2, 2012
Frank wrote:
If Ben would have held CDI accountable for their actions he may not be in this situation.
I disagree with you totally, the one person who has been calling the shots in this city and takes his orders from Uncle Ted in Mt. Clemens is Mike Smith and if the truth was known this is the moment that Smith has been waiting for to make his move as City Manager and he also is not qualified for that position.
Grand Jury Lets Go

Novi, MI

#14 Nov 2, 2012
Good Riddance wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, his contract had EXPIRED. So, why pay someone severance if their contract was done with? Is this SCS or Wayne County and Turkia Mullin? Sure, the $ amount is not as high, but it's the same principle.
Hmm, wonder if it is a repeat of what happened in Racine....
Here's hoping he moves soon and the new owners of his house get rid of the weeds, cut the grass, and keep any dogs from running around the neighborhood. Good riddance.
C'mon you people are not that dumb are you. He didn't receive severance pay he received "Hush money" there is a difference, if the feds come in SCS as well as Mt. Clemens they will all fall like dominos, because no one knows enough to keep their mouth shut and do their job. Go FEDS clean sweep Mt. Clemens and SCS, Go Big Brother!
Hypocracy

Grosse Pointe, MI

#15 Nov 2, 2012
Not a place for an honest man. Honesty is the best policy. He will be just fine in another city while the circle jerk here will continue on.
Good Riddance

Grosse Pointe, MI

#16 Nov 2, 2012
Hypocracy wrote:
Not a place for an honest man. Honesty is the best policy. He will be just fine in another city while the circle jerk here will continue on.
What other city besides SCS would be stupid enough to hire him after the sexual harassment complaints in Racine? He resigned abruptly there too in a closed session meeting.

And before Racine, a harassment claim against him when he was village manager in Wrightstown, WI.
tom tom

Grosse Pointe, MI

#17 Nov 2, 2012
ekim wrote:
WHO Gave him This Should Get The Gate Also
tom tom

Grosse Pointe, MI

#18 Nov 2, 2012
Bald benny Is maybee the next detriot mayor???
intheknow

Troy, MI

#20 Nov 2, 2012
The FBI investigation of Warren has spread. Case closed.
Stop Watch

Waterford, MI

#21 Nov 2, 2012
tom tom wrote:
Bald benny Is maybee the next detriot mayor???
No doos boys be smarter dan dat.
Rudy Tecat

Detroit, MI

#22 Nov 8, 2012
And, now they say that Ben shot himself!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Clemens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jim Goodfellows Sat I see a twisted f... 23
News Judge pleads guilty (Jul '08) May 25 Guest 21
Dog Case is dismissed OMG May 25 Cindy 24
Dave Id Dead May 24 Another Hardworki... 116
Problems At The Saint Joan of Arc Fair (Jun '15) May 22 Fence lives matter 12
Summer Program for Kids - Affordable and Fun in... May 20 Elw2492 1
News Rally against Islam outnumbered by counterprote... (Oct '15) Jan '16 Liberty 82
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Clemens Mortgages