Farmington, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

This is unbelieveable a company that is forced upon the residents as the Landscaping Company in our city, voted by our Council Members unanimously to take over Code Enforcement, a Company who has been handed the Rat Abatement Program, never even contributed one penny for any advertising in the city calendar. Does anyone besides myself smell a rat. Speaking of rats our rat abatement program had $ 100,000.00 set aside for this program and we have been paying monthly to Landscape Services for their so-called services that hasn't even scratched the surface of eraticating the rats we have more now than we had before they started doing their game thing. Thats all this amounts too is spend the money thats in the account then when its all gone they will approach council and let them know that the funds are exhausted and we need to replenish the account with another $ 100,000.00, lets wake up residents just because we had an abundance of money in our General Account after our audit, that don't mean that we have to spend it all with one company because the principals rub elbows with our elected and appointed officials and at this point I'm not at liberty to disclose the rest of my story. Another issue I haven't heard anymore about how their search for the new City Manager is going, because I've been told they are not really searching...
lightingROD

Mount Clemens, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

This is the best article Iv read lately, and by the way why is landscape services bid out
early campaigning

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

And if Landscape Services had bought an ad you'd just be complaining it was done as a "kickback."
Shores resident

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Your not alone in your thinking!
hear ya go

Grosse Pointe, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Why would LSI spend a single dime on advertising? If they want more business they just phone it in to CM and its a done deal. Come on Mikey,you are just another puppet owned and operated by the midget.
Ursula

Haslett, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

The bigger question is, are there advertisements for OTHER landscape companies in the calendar? If not, then there's something even stinkier.
Dead Dogs

Roseville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

I want all city contracts wrote:
This is unbelieveable a company that is forced upon the residents as the Landscaping Company in our city, voted by our Council Members unanimously to take over Code Enforcement, a Company who has been handed the Rat Abatement Program, never even contributed one penny for any advertising in the city calendar. Does anyone besides myself smell a rat. Speaking of rats our rat abatement program had $ 100,000.00 set aside for this program and we have been paying monthly to Landscape Services for their so-called services that hasn't even scratched the surface of eraticating the rats we have more now than we had before they started doing their game thing. Thats all this amounts too is spend the money thats in the account then when its all gone they will approach council and let them know that the funds are exhausted and we need to replenish the account with another $ 100,000.00, lets wake up residents just because we had an abundance of money in our General Account after our audit, that don't mean that we have to spend it all with one company because the principals rub elbows with our elected and appointed officials and at this point I'm not at liberty to disclose the rest of my story. Another issue I haven't heard anymore about how their search for the new City Manager is going, because I've been told they are not really searching...
www.dogateratpoison.com
landscaper

Saint Clair Shores, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

The landscaper bids on snow removal @ about $15. to 25.00 per home per 6in. of snow. The city adds on fee's and fines @$100.00 plus.

I think the fees for the landscaper are fare the city is the one scamming the people!
hear ya go

Roseville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

landscaper wrote:
The landscaper bids on snow removal @ about $15. to 25.00 per home per 6in. of snow. The city adds on fee's and fines @$100.00 plus.
I think the fees for the landscaper are fare the city is the one scamming the people!
Ah NO "Costs incurred by the
city for abatement of this nuisance plus an administrative fee of Sixty Five and 00/100 Dollars
($65.00) shall be assessed to the owner of the property."
tomtom

Grosse Pointe, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

paul is one of the best guys in scs . he has giving a lot to this city . trust me
Fat Bastard

Canton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

tomtom wrote:
paul is one of the best guys in scs . he has giving a lot to this city . trust me
Yeh, what'd he give you?
The Weed Pullers

Farmington, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

tomtom wrote:
Sure why not all he is giving the city is the taxpayers money back. Who are you trying to sell, idiot, nobody with a half a brain wants to hear your bull, you probably work for him. LOL
Fuss face and Tigger

Roseville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

If City Hall will take advantage of nature’s gift and adopt GREEN Cats as a part of their new, Green approach to pest control, the feral cat and TNR colonies will be sanctioned as the City’s eco-friendly rodent control measure.
The era of “Save Our Planet” and Going Green has given us a unique opportunity to focus on such successful programs as Working Cats and the enormously positive public relations it generates for feral cats.
(Working Cats is VFTA’s successful program that saves feral cats by employing them in local businesses to get rid of rats and mice. Currently the Los Angeles Flower Market, the Orchid Market, Crossroad School, the Self Realization Ashram, and four divisions of the LAPD all have working feral cats. Disneyland also proudly lays claim to employing 200 feral cats.)
Going Green is politically popular, and this has encouraged City Hall to pursue new ideas and introduce Green policies in many more areas.. GREEN Cats is a noble concept, and a way to get our feral paw in the door!
If animal rescue communities and animal-loving citizens team up and work together, we can galvanize the general public and the media, thus bringing City Hall’s politically fashionable Go Green mind-set insync with GREEN Cats. This could potentially become the sustainable solution regarding our city ferals, and be a winning model for other cities!
The Tail-Wrap Feline Mind Meld
Once City Hall and other Landmark Businesses recognize the benefit and positive impact the feral cat provides for the health of the city, they undoubtedly will embrace and adopt GREEN Cats as their very own way of going Green.
We may not worship the cat in temples like the ancient Egyptians once did, but we should always respect and acknowledge the important role the feral cat plays as chief rat catcher of the World!
In ancient times, the cat was highly valued for the activity of defending mankind against rodent over-population and rodent-borne diseases like the plague.
In Classical Cats: The Rise and Fall of the Sacred Cat, Donald W. Engels argues that if the millions of cats had not been slaughtered alongside the heretics they were associated with during the inquisition, these same cats may well have stopped the spread of the plague.
There are many positive examples of cities exhibiting high regard for their feral cat colonies. Like "The Parliamentary Cats" from Ottawa, Canada (pictures below).
Local artists made shelters for the cats as miniature replicas of the Parliament buildings next to them --“The Parliamentary Cats” colony is a favorite tourist stop.
Rome, Italy has over 2000 well-managed TNR feral colonies.
Rome's city council has recently granted their endorsement of the feral cat's existence in the city by officially citing the cats as a part of their ancient heritage.
"There is a deep-rooted affection for these cats that have an ancient bond with the city."
In 2001, the city council chose to protect the cats by naming them a part of the city's bio-heritage and celebrated them as their preventative rodent patrol.
The Romans treasure the feral cats as their “supremo ratto sterminatore!”
GREEN Cats' aim is to rally the Public to endorse natural rodent control, necessitating City Hall to embrace TNR colonies in order to facilitate the feral cat as the community’s green exterminator.
And (at last!) venerate our feral cat residents!
Appreciated by the Public!
Endorsed by the City!
Maintained as TNR colonies!
Employed by City Hall and
the business community!
Valued for services rendered!
Hoot Hoot

Walled Lake, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Fuss face and Tigger wrote:
We look forward to having a conversation with you about our City’s
GREEN Cats!
Take Action! You can Sign our Petition to City of LA endorsing TNR in LA.
Lee Martin is a partner and development executive at the Los Angeles based film production company Speedwell Productions, LLC. Lee is bi-coastal and also works as creative script consultant to film producers and executives. Previously, she was an associate producer for the TNT film “Avenging Angel”, and co-founder of First Corps Productions with partner Tom Berenger. Throughout the 80’s and 90’s, Lee owned and was director of operations of the acclaimed Lee Martin Studio of Dance & Fitness in NYC,NY. Lee has been both an actress and choreographer in off-Broadway Plays, music videos and Films. Presently, Lee is writing a book entitled “Confessions of a Wanna be Vegetarian.” Lee adheres to Albert Schweitzer’s renowned credo,“Reverence for Life.” You can reach her at: martinla7@gmail.com
What happened to the (OWLS) that SCS was going to have protecting our city from rodents. The last I heard of that was when she got fired and was seen walking home with a few of her rats, counting her money the city gave her along with her paid up medical insurance for life. The only one that was really upset was some Landscaping Company that was going before the Planning Commission to get their prints approved for building Owl Condo's to house the birds, that kind of fell thru and the project, to my knowledge was cancelled. My,my we have very short memories.
hear ya go

Roseville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

tomtom wrote:
Yea my 95 yr old neighbor is so grateful for the hockey sticks he donated. She cant wait to get one and start playing hockey. What a freaking joke.
We Have Hockey Sticks

Farmington, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

hear ya go wrote:
<quoted text> Yea my 95 yr old neighbor is so grateful for the hockey sticks he donated. She cant wait to get one and start playing hockey. What a freaking joke.
You might add the hockey sticks were the end result of the tax money that your 95 year old neighbor paid to the city for taxes. LOL
Fuss face and Tigger

Roseville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Ursula wrote:
Listen here you stupid cat b*tch. Who the f does business like this? If any official of our city was ever stupid enough to call you, believe me, there'd be plenty of people on here ready to shoot them. So stop being the stupid troll that you are and get a clue: there's a reason men hate cat b*tches!
<quoted text>
[PDF] Department of Investigation Press Release
Adobe PDF
Press Release: 5 City Pest Control Workers Arrested for Taking Payoffs ... who apply poison to control rats and other rodents; aides, who clean vacant lots and
www.nyc.gov/html/doi/downloads/pdf/&#8203...
howe

Grosse Pointe, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

hear ya go wrote:
<quoted text> Yea my 95 yr old neighbor is so grateful for the hockey sticks he donated. She cant wait to get one and start playing hockey. What a freaking joke.
thats great 95 years old still playing hockey see he is doing the right thing
Ive had worse

Farmington, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

howe wrote:
<quoted text>thats great 95 years old still playing hockey see he is doing the right thing
Sure he is, hows your momma doing working over the boys in the dressing rooms.
hmmmm crazy

Saint Clair Shores, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Pauls laughing all the way to the bank with all of us scs tax paying suckers!
Ask any of his employees when they are are off work.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mount Clemens Discussions

Search the Mount Clemens Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are South Lake School Buses Still Running 11 hr Catch and Release 9
Review: Sexton Landscape Supply 16 hr K M Distribution 1
Three GOP candidates battle to face incumbent H... 19 hr Nothin Else to do 9
Expired Prescriptions from Drug Stores 23 hr Concerned 1
Redford Township may not be among nation's safe... (Sep '06) Wed captain obvious 117
Mich. lawsuit claims cops coldly executed dog Wed New leadership 17
Hornets Tue Tammy 6
•••
•••
•••
•••

Mount Clemens Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Mount Clemens People Search