Parking in subdivisions
Taxpayer2

Kingsport, TN

#1 May 10, 2013
I cannot believe I have lived here 20 yrs. and now I cannot park in front of my house on the street when it is plenty wide enough.If it was a problem I could see but it's not. It's the small town attitudes and laws that hold Mt. Carmel down. You can park on city streets in Kingsport.Why would the board punish the taxpayers who may not have enough driveway space. How about worrying about real crimes like stalking, being a predator. No, they wanna give tickets for parking in front of your house. Way to fight crime guys. Good job!
Another taxpayer

Kingsport, TN

#2 May 10, 2013
Yes that's crazy. You can see this board is against its citizens for their own agendas. There will be another election. Votes can swing the other way quick. Mt. Carmel will never grow when you make these type laws. We the people should have some rights.
PWFAN22

Kingsport, TN

#3 May 10, 2013
I urge anyone who's against these signs about not parking on our streets to go to the next board meeting to let them know how you feel. They should not be able to do us like this. I bet politics and votes are behind these decisions. The town has been fine with the parking the way it was.
wes51gc

United States

#4 May 13, 2013
I have a problem with people parking in my yard driving over my water meter!
PWFAN22

Kingsport, TN

#5 May 13, 2013
I think that's a little different than parking on a city street, don't you? Parking on a city street don't hurt anyone. If its a problem talk to them instead of putting it here. I would.
wes51gc

United States

#6 May 13, 2013
Build you a drive way
PWFAN22

Kingsport, TN

#7 May 14, 2013
I have a driveway. I just don't think it's right.Next they'll be telling us what to do in our own yards. What subdivision are you talking about?Its funny that someone helping to make this law has a concrete company. Can you say conflict of interest!
PWFAN22

Greenville, SC

#8 May 19, 2013
The police can let other crime go while concentrating on giving subdivision tickets. Mayor, I thought you were against the speed cameras? But you're for something far more ridiculous. I have a feeling the board meetings may get interesting.
Taxpayer2

Kingsport, TN

#9 Nov 14, 2014
PWFAN22 wrote:
The police can let other crime go while concentrating on giving subdivision tickets. Mayor, I thought you were against the speed cameras? But you're for something far more ridiculous. I have a feeling the board meetings may get interesting.
Police can enforce parking on street when certain pedophiles roam our streets free because of who they're parents are. Where's the justice?
Hashtag

Kingsport, TN

#10 Nov 22, 2014
It's a safety concern/road hazard. If everyone parked their cars on both sides of the streets on narrow two lane roads in subdivisions then that wouldn't leave much room to drive on the street would it?

I've driven in neighborhoods without driveways in other cities where you constantly have to drive in an S pattern just to get where you are going. And have to decide who has the right of way between two parked cars.

If East Tennessee was on flat ground this might not be too much of a problem but what if a car was parked on the side of the road just over a hill and when you got over the hill, it's suddenly there. BAMM!

If I lived in a subdivision I would not want to park my car on the side of the road. Unless I didn't care if it was sideswiped or a 10 year old kid on a bicycle wanted to scrape it with a key or squirt ketchup down the side of it. Kids are mean!
Taxpayer2

Kingsport, TN

#11 Nov 24, 2014
Hashtag wrote:
It's a safety concern/road hazard. If everyone parked their cars on both sides of the streets on narrow two lane roads in subdivisions then that wouldn't leave much room to drive on the street would it?
I've driven in neighborhoods without driveways in other cities where you constantly have to drive in an S pattern just to get where you are going. And have to decide who has the right of way between two parked cars.
If East Tennessee was on flat ground this might not be too much of a problem but what if a car was parked on the side of the road just over a hill and when you got over the hill, it's suddenly there. BAMM!
If I lived in a subdivision I would not want to park my car on the side of the road. Unless I didn't care if it was sideswiped or a 10 year old kid on a bicycle wanted to scrape it with a key or squirt ketchup down the side of it. Kids are mean!
My main issue is the cities having too much control. I think they should look at each subdivision because not all are small streets. Don't paint the whole town with the same brush.
I live here too

Kingsport, TN

#12 Dec 20, 2014
No the streets are not wide enough for three cars. Park in your driveway.
TaxPayer2

Lenoir City, TN

#13 Mar 24, 2015
I park in my driveway and on street because last I checked its a free country. A pediphile can get by with more than honest citizens.Its crazy some things our leaders come up with.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Carmel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Valerie Kaye Robinson is a POS snitch for the P... 30 min Rik mak 1
Topix gone June 1st 2019 1 hr Todd3 34
...as you would have them do unto you 1 hr Todd3 76
Melville Bailey thought he was a nice guy tryin... 3 hr Jim 3
Tina Trotter has a serious hold on of her daugh... 4 hr Brandon 1999 9
Travis Presley 4 hr Lisa 6
Brian Heartness 5 hr Kaya 11

Mount Carmel Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance