United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

Judged:

I recently moved to Mount Airy. I am extremely disappointed in Mt. Airyís customer service. Wal-Martís customer service is good. Food lionís needs work. The 7-elevenís is great, the tanning and nail salon is terrible, the local Orientalís food restaurant (in the same shopping center as T-Jmaxís) is very bad and the fresh food is worse, T-Jmaxís all around is awful. Weis is wonderful and so is Safe-Way. If you walk into BB&T Banking forgot about a hand shake or who and how are. The local fast food such as McDonaldís is welcoming. Whatever happened to smiling at a customer (especially when they smile at you) or saying Hi or Hello how are you. Whatever happened to thanking a customer after receiving a payment or even thanking then as they leave. Yes people move here and expect the local service to make you feel welcomed but I think not! People flick cigs and trash and in your yards and I can go on. All I am saying is whatever happen to Hi, How are you , You need help or just a simple Thank you. What ever happened to making people feel welcomed. These things just in everyday life that go along way in some peoples lives.
YesIDid

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

Put a camera in your yard. Catch them litterring and put them on YouTube make sure you get there plate numbers too when you are video typing them.
White Haired OLD LADY

Mount Airy, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

I AGREE WITH YOU!! TED the STORE MANAGER @ MT. AIRY LIQUORS! is simply THE MOST unprofessional person I HAVE EVER MET in my whole LIFE. This afternoon, I and a friend drove to the back of the shopping center to throw less than half bucket of stale popcorn into the dumpster because it was stinking up the car. We had decided that the little trash cans in the front of the stores with the big wide slits would have gotten the popcorn all over the place on the ground. So, trying to be mindful of the mess it might make, we drove out back to discard the stuff more appropriately. We pulled our car up to an open dumpster and deposited JUST the POPCORN & not our container in the dumpster.
1)He shouts "I wouldn't do that if I were you"
2)He whips out his cell phone & starts taking pictures of our licence plate & car. We couldn't really hear what else he was saying so we drove in a small circle over to him & said what? We asked why he took a picture of the car? He escalated the situation by shouting."WHAT are you jealous?" (several times) So we said, what store is yours? He said don't worry about it. We said did we do wrong? The dumpster was NOT even his store's dumpster (we had put the popcorn in a dumpster two stores down from Mt. Airy Liquors0. We drove to the front of the store, parked & went into the store because we did not like being treated so badly. We asked the lady at the counter who the manager is and she said TED, as he comes up the aisle through the store. He says I AM the MANAGER-the guy who was out back. We want to talk to your corporate office or owner. He said, I dont have to give you anything, leave the store NOW. We said no, we have every right to ask for the owner of this store. We were told to leave again & they called the police. I said, what the heck did we DO that warrents you calling the police? He said you dumped pop corn in the dumperster, it's illegal. I said what like this? I lfed the card board bucket up in the air & tilted upside down front of his head. Then the counter clerk yells shouts, ThATS assult, call the police. Mind you I NEVER even touched him, there were just a few specs of popcorn on the floor. I walked out of the store and my friend stayed inside. HE said I aksed you to leave & I don't have to give you the owners card. She said, I am not leaving until you do, go ahead & the police because I haven't done anything wrong. He finally gave her the owners business card & followed us outside to the front of the store. He then said, WHAT ever happens inside the store professionally vs. what I say outside the store are two different things & There have been alot of people dumping stuff in the dumpsters. My friend said, Listen, it was just POPCORN! And, we didnt even put in YOUR STORE DUMPSTER. Then, I said, first of all your communication style, your threatening tone & manner WAS SO UNPROFESSIONAL, accusatory & just down right disrespectful in how you approached the whole thing in the first place. AND then threatening us with the POLICE over popcorn? It all was just absolutely ridiculously OCD OVER THE TOP & freakish in my humble opinion. OH, & another lady in the store behind my friend who WAS waiting to pay as customer was asked if she needed help and she said NO I am just going to stand here so I don't get in trouble for touching ANYTHING. THE OWNER should think twice about having him as a store manager. I would hate to see him GO off for something REALLY serious! WE WILL NEVER EVER SHOP at Mt. Airy LIQUORS, over something that wasn't EVEN IN THEIR STORE NOR PUT IN THEIR DUMPSTER. We will go to ANITA's. The GAS station up the street on the corner said we could dump our left over popcorn ANYTIME in their dumpster if we ever had left overs from the movies in the FUTURE. For such a small town, I HOPE PEOPLE remember HOW ONE incident can really ruin a store's reputation. I hope whatever is built, the value people.
White Haired OLD LADY

Mount Airy, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

I Agree with YOU! Get this.
MrNicely

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

The customer service at Me Tire is just bad. I wittness a conversation they had with a couple and the way they spoke to them was way out of line. The couple left and never had the problem caused by Mr Tire fixed and a short while later two co workers in a hushed tone spoke of what had happened. It turned out Mr Tire was response for stripping one of the lug nuts on the couples tire and instead of making it right they laughed about it. I paid for the work I had done on my vehicle that day, but I will not ever go back after what I wittnessed and overheard.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Airy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
isiah and brittany Aug 12 nosey-wondering 2
Who do you support for U.S. House in Maryland (... (Oct '10) Jul 30 Tim the Bagger 7
Who do you support for U.S. House in Maryland (... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Jon SpellMAN 16
Debate: Obama-Economy - Damascus, MD Jun '14 Joe Braden 2
Timothy J. Smith (Aug '11) Apr '14 Curious in Florida 6
MD Who do you support for Governor in Maryland in ... (Oct '10) Apr '14 fyi 185
Monrovia Rezoning Request Approved By Planning ... Apr '14 LOL 2
•••
•••
•••

Mount Airy Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••