Finger-pointing over the pace of Frederick County growth

Jan 21, 2013 Full story: Gazette.net

Frederick County Board of Commissioners' President Blaine R. Young is perplexed why some residents who recently moved into the Monrovia area want to stop development, shutting the door on others who want to move into the community.

Full Story
Andrea

Rockville, MD

#1 Jan 28, 2013
I am against the development as well. A lot more houses mean a lot more traffic on 270 and 70. The congestion is bad enough already, and the new infrastructure is not planned for many years. I moved into this area in 1985, before the development of Urbana, around Windsor Knolls and many others . Enough is enough!
rfirma1

Columbia, MD

#2 Jan 29, 2013
Andrea wrote:
I am against the development as well. A lot more houses mean a lot more traffic on 270 and 70. The congestion is bad enough already, and the new infrastructure is not planned for many years. I moved into this area in 1985, before the development of Urbana, around Windsor Knolls and many others . Enough is enough!
before you know it....it will look like mt. airy.........so many new houses.......so little farmland left......so little well water to share......so much traffic congestion...so much trash and garbage strewn alongside the roads.......sad...really sad.
James Crowthera

Mount Airy, MD

#3 Feb 13, 2013
Blaine R Young - Why is this guy still allowed to be in politics? He is shows up in prostitutes black books and is known to stare at women's breasts... Now he is making a run for govenor. As a Frederick resident and a Republic he is an embarrassment who has the potential to make President Clinton's indiscretions look mild.
Anonymous

Mount Airy, MD

#4 Feb 18, 2013
Very sad state of affairs

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Airy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
isiah and brittany Aug '14 nosey-wondering 2
Who do you support for U.S. House in Maryland (... (Oct '10) Jul '14 Tim the Bagger 7
Who do you support for U.S. House in Maryland (... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Jon SpellMAN 16
Debate: Obama-Economy - Damascus, MD Jun '14 Joe Braden 2
Timothy J. Smith (Aug '11) Apr '14 Curious in Florida 6
MD Who do you support for Governor in Maryland in ... (Oct '10) Apr '14 fyi 185
Monrovia Rezoning Request Approved By Planning ... (Mar '14) Apr '14 LOL 2

Mount Airy Jobs

Mount Airy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Mount Airy News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Mount Airy

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]