Medical report: Fridley man who died after being hit with Taser...

Full story: TwinCities.com

State medical reports say cocaine and a combination of other drugs caused the death of Mark C. Backlund, the 29-year-old Fridley man who died after being subdued by a State Patrol Taser in January.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of199
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Blah

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2008

Now that more details are coming out about this I hope that some people will post apologies for their past police bashing comments regarding this case.
Rosemount Grad

Mankato, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2008

It's unfortunate that the man died, but color me surprised that drugs were involved.
Dark people

South Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2008

Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I disagree. I think stupid has been cured in this case.....Next item????
Shoot

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2008

Blah wrote:
Now that more details are coming out about this I hope that some people will post apologies for their past police bashing comments regarding this case.
Amen.
tom tom

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2008

Yeah, rule one dont fight with the police (yes troopers are Fed up but they are still "cops".

Don't get high and drive fast and then fight with the cops and you will not die. From the police at least.
Mr Realist

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2008

The only thing that surprises me is the incredibe number of people on drugs now days. Evidently this country has an awful lot of weak people that can't get through a day dealing with reality. This feel good all the time culture has to change. This fool is just another statistic now.
Bob

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2008

Well how about that, he died not from being tased to dying from a drug overdose.

A new way to find dopers, tase them all and the ones on drugs die.

I suppose he would have died if the 5 troopers would have tackeled him anyway. I guess the old way of just tackeling people doesn't work.

So was the trooper using the taser 6'4" or 5' 10"?
Pete Peterson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2008

Don't tase me bro!
Metro Cop

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2008

Judged:

Bob wrote:
Well how about that, he died not from being tased to dying from a drug overdose.
A new way to find dopers, tase them all and the ones on drugs die.
I suppose he would have died if the 5 troopers would have tackeled him anyway. I guess the old way of just tackeling people doesn't work.
So was the trooper using the taser 6'4" or 5' 10"?
I'm 6'2" and 210 lbs. I will tase over tackle any day. I have dislocated fingers, twisted knees and torn my rotator cuff several times fighting with people. It is not worth the hassle of injuring yourself to arrest somebody. If somebody squares off on me I light em up. Sorry if that offends anyone, but my "fighting days" are done.

I don't care if there were 15 cops there, if the bad guy wants to fight, light him up. If you don't want to get tased, don't fight the cops.
bri

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2008

Metro Cop wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm 6'2" and 210 lbs. I will tase over tackle any day. I have dislocated fingers, twisted knees and torn my rotator cuff several times fighting with people. It is not worth the hassle of injuring yourself to arrest somebody. If somebody squares off on me I light em up. Sorry if that offends anyone, but my "fighting days" are done.
I don't care if there were 15 cops there, if the bad guy wants to fight, light him up. If you don't want to get tased, don't fight the cops.
AMEN!

And to add to why not tackle them, it was in the middle of rush hours. The last thing the troopers wanted would be for the fight to roll onto th interstate, and get themselves or the suspect hit by a passing car.
Denny Crain

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2008

Judged:

bri wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN!
And to add to why not tackle them, it was in the middle of rush hours. The last thing the troopers wanted would be for the fight to roll onto th interstate, and get themselves or the suspect hit by a passing car.
1.)when do you use your mace?

2.)how do you know whether or not the person being "tased" has a pace-maker?(in such case you are useing "deadly force")

3.) do you weigh your options in a case like this?
Denny Crain

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2008

Judged:

Dark people wrote:
<quoted text>
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. What part of don't mess with the cops and obey them do you struggle with here?
Mess with them and bad thing can and will happen to you. Maybe if you have special medical issues you shouldn't take on the victim mentality and obey their commands. Or better yet, be a model citizen and you will not find yourself in those kind of situations. Not a really tough concept to grasp.
Get my point?
I pay taxes, the cops work for me! I say do not kill "inocent people" before their trial- that is the concept of the United States- any other questions???
Denny Crain

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2008

Judged:

bri wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN!
I don't care if the "suspect" is tackled -or- what you have to do (form a human chain around him) thats the job of an officer, to keep the peace- do not use un-necessary force-
WTF

Bigfork, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2008

Hey Denny...what color is the sky in your world? It,s easy calling the plays from the sidelines...but I,m sure you would pee your pants if you were asked to play!!
Don,t comment on things you have no knowledge of.
Go lay down by your dish!
Red Ryder

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2008

yeah. let's form a "human chain" while cars are whizzing by at 60 MPH.

why not call in the UN and pass 12 resolutions while we're at it.

fast and dirty gets the job done with fewest injuries to bystanders.
Linda

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2008

Three of the meds he had in his system are commonly used for psychiatric reasons. Add cocaine to that and you have some obvious problems. Are cops not trained to spot this. Good lord, I could.
Smedley Butler

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2008

Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care if the "suspect" is tackled -or- what you have to do (form a human chain around him) thats the job of an officer, to keep the peace- do not use un-necessary force-
Denny, all I can say is "Go on ride-alongs." The police DO work for you and will be happy to let you come on the job. I think you would find it informative and somewwhat educational, and you won't be hasseled in the slightest.

Give it a try; but I'd also lose the disadinful attitude.
John

Radisson, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2008

Judged:

im pretty sure cannabinoids had nothing to do with his death, they just list it to insult the tasty greens.
bong_jamesbong20 01

Neustadt, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2008

GOD DAMNED COPS!!!!!!!!

I suspect that cops read these columns, and if they do, they know that I have gone on on here for a month about TASERS and how deadly they are. AND NOW THIS OUTRAGE!!!!!

Mark Backlund died sitting in his car after being TASERED by the cops. Do I feel vindicated? NO.

I feel abused. I feel threatened. I feel rejected.

They say Mark Backlund died because he was using "a combination of drugs." YEAH RIGHT!

They say Mark Backlund's method of death could not be determined on the same medical report. YEAH RIGHT!

County Medical Examiner Janis Amatuzio said through an assistant that she would not elaborate on what police restraint was used. YEAH RIGHT!!

MARK BACKLUND WAS ELECTROCUTED, EXECUTED, MURDERED BY STATE TERRORIST COPS!!!!!

THE LAW SAYS THAT CONTRIBUTING TO THE DEATH OF A PERSON THROUGH VIOLENT MEANS IS FELONY MURDER!

I SAY, one more God-damned time TASERS ARE DANGEROUS, TORTUROUS WEAPONS AND THEY MUST BE OUTLAWED!!!

WE NEED AN INDEPENDENT MEDICAL INVESTIGATION OF THE EFFECTS OF TASERS ON CANNABIS CONSUMERS AND WE NEED IT NOW!!! STOP KILLING AMERICANS WITH TASERS! STOP THE TORTURE! STOP IT NOW!
Metro Cop

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2008

Judged:

Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>
I pay taxes, the cops work for me! I say do not kill "inocent people" before their trial- that is the concept of the United States- any other questions???
I work for you? Great! Can I have next Friday night off?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of199
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mounds View Discussions

Search the Mounds View Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Randi Nicole Blaido 4 hr bubbles0o0o 3
Review: Pazazz Bodywork Jul 19 Leanne 1
Nine arrested in prostitution sting to appear i... (Jul '11) Jul 17 Smaug Undesolated 8
Fridley: Woman survives stabbing by boyfriend, ... Jul 13 Sam Ollie 3
George's on Plato, aka Awada's on Plato, failed... (Jun '08) Jun 30 Karmah 20
MN Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) Jun '14 doomsayer2014 847
Review: Retail Fueling Solutions LLC Jun '14 Bob Graff 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Mounds View Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Mounds View People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE