Wondering

Murphysboro, IL

#1 Nov 15, 2010
I was told there is a meat shop in or around Mounds.
Does anyone know the name of it, or anything about the quality of their meat and prices.

I'm looking to fill a freezer.

Thank you

Since: Jan 10

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Nov 15, 2010
Stop N Slop...er, I mean Stop N Shop advertizes itself as a meat shop...more accurately, "The Meat Store."
Personally, if you want a good butcher shop, go to Hughe's Market in Grahamville, KY. It's just about 5 miles out of Paducah. A little country store, makes their own bologna, summer sausage, and such. And their meat is ALWAYS fresh and good. They do sides, quarter sides....how ever you want it, they got it...Pork, beef, and chicken.
local

Hamburg, MN

#3 Nov 17, 2010
I think that Stop & Shop is a good choice, and it is located in Mounds. They have meat bundles you can buy that are cheaper than buying separately packaged meats.
Wondering

Murphysboro, IL

#4 Nov 17, 2010
local wrote:
I think that Stop & Shop is a good choice, and it is located in Mounds. They have meat bundles you can buy that are cheaper than buying separately packaged meats.
Thank you, thats what I'm looking for. I want to buy local. A friend told me about the place, but they did'nt know anything about the prices or quality of the meat.

Thats what I'm trying to find out.
why I left

Belleville, IL

#5 Nov 17, 2010
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, thats what I'm looking for. I want to buy local. A friend told me about the place, but they did'nt know anything about the prices or quality of the meat.
Thats what I'm trying to find out.
----------
I no longer live in Mounds, but I can tell you when I come to visit, I stock up. Some of the best meat around.
Smar T Pantz

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Nov 18, 2010
Hell, Stop N shop meat is high dollar, compared to like the Country Mart in Charleston. I stock up over THERE...Better selection, lower prices. Stop N Shop and Super Value in Cairo charge WAY too much.
Smar T Pantz

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Nov 18, 2010
Oh...that little store over in Olive Branch is really good, too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mounds Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
whos the top 5 known families in alexander.co. 2 hr SILKY---Smoov 6
What happened at 37 this weekend? 3 hr true 4
Ali Abukhdair was arrested 6 hr What occured 7
News Cairo native says similarities, differences in ... 6 hr What 10
Wreck 6 hr Drink 2
E Cape PD 6 hr 2 funny 5
mounds shooting 6 hr Fyi 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mounds Mortgages