Ruleville police officers arrested

Ruleville police officers arrested

There are 239 comments on the Bolivar Commercial story from Aug 4, 2006, titled Ruleville police officers arrested. In it, Bolivar Commercial reports that:

Donell Maxie BC Staff Writer Published August 04, 2006 1:55 PM CDT This morning at approximately 6:30 a.m. federal law enforcement officers exercised an arrest on two of Ruleville's top law enforcement ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bolivar Commercial.

FormerDeltaRepor ter

New York, NY

#21 Aug 11, 2006
clifford wrote:
often the f.b.i. and state officers are corrupt and do take out cops who cross there path..i know this..but also in most small towns the police are behind a few drug dealers..and bust any one who compeats aginst there dealers..when my mom lived in chatt.tn..i would sit on her front porch..watch people pull up to house on corner,buy dope..then a few min.later..city police car would pull up to house..dealer would lean over into car talk to cop for a min..while passing money into car..always one police car pulled up to house another car a block behind him..a counted a total of 8 cops doing this..mom finally passed away.i have not been back in 4 years..but this was going on for at least 10 years i know off..
I do believe that there are "crooked cops" out there. And, in the Delta, I can promise you they are numerous.

However, I do not believe that this fact makes it any more likely that Chief Robinson is guilty of anything in this case.

Let's just stick to the facts.
Ruleville Reporter

Greenwood, MS

#22 Aug 11, 2006
Firstly, let's establish some facts. In America, there is nothing that exist that is "ideal", so of course,just as their are some corrput farmers, bankers, stock brokers,insurnace brokers, and CEO's there are some corrupt policemen. But the fact of the matter, is that these guys must be found guilty in a court of law. That has not been done. I am sure,the federal government's case against the law officiers will absolutely involve SEVERAL DRUG DEALERS, but if these two are guilty SURELY the federal government with ALL of it's TECHNOLOGY & ADVANCED RESOURCES can acquire something MORE CREDIABLE than DRUG DEALERS. This is the federal government, the F.B.I., or shall I say the BIG BOYS!

I am really looking forward to see how they concieved some little nickle or dime dealers to entrap these officiers with petty cash, not $10,000 or $20,000, but probably $2,000.........
$700...$300....Why not go out with the BIG BUCKS, like the did in Tennessee, with Tennessee Waltz case involving the Tennessee State Senator Ford! The Big Boys!!!
Hank Harrison

AOL

#23 Aug 11, 2006
U had read about all of the work that Mr. Robinson was doing in my former home town of Ruleville, cracking down on the drug dealers and trying to make Ruleville a safe place to live and I have often wondered when would someone set him up and really try to destroy him. I felt that it was going to happen. I know that their must have been many people who did not like what he was doing and would seek to destroy him. I hope and pray to God that thse reports are not true about Chief Robinson. I have never met him. If these charges are prven to be true, then he is going to really disappoint a lot of people who believed in him and were very proud of the work that he was doing. (Jack I hope that you are wrong)
FormerDeltaRepor ter

New York, NY

#24 Aug 14, 2006
Hank Harrison wrote:
U had read about all of the work that Mr. Robinson was doing in my former home town of Ruleville, cracking down on the drug dealers and trying to make Ruleville a safe place to live and I have often wondered when would someone set him up and really try to destroy him. I felt that it was going to happen. I know that their must have been many people who did not like what he was doing and would seek to destroy him. I hope and pray to God that thse reports are not true about Chief Robinson. I have never met him. If these charges are prven to be true, then he is going to really disappoint a lot of people who believed in him and were very proud of the work that he was doing.(Jack I hope that you are wrong)
I am not saying I know for sure that Chief Robinson is innocent. That remains to be seen. But let's just think about this logically -- everything we know about him aside.

If someone was really looking to make some really big money as a "crooked cop," WHY would he leave Chicago and go down to the Delta?

Anyone who knows the area knows there is very little money to be had in Mound Bayou, Ruleville or any other Delta town. From drug deals, or anything else.
Hank Harrison

AOL

#25 Aug 14, 2006
I want you to read the last parargraph of an article from a newsletter called "Stinky Badges"

http://www.unknownnews.org/060804stinkybadges...

let me know if you were able to see the article

H H
Hank Harrison

AOL

#26 Aug 14, 2006
This hurts my heart. I have often thought about moving back to Ruleville. When I lived out in the country between Ruleville and Doddsville years ago, it was racism that was causing pain in our lives. I just read a comment by one woman from Ruleville who describes the town as a "Hell Hole"


http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1678...

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1678...
FormerDeltaRepor ter

New York, NY

#27 Aug 14, 2006
Hank Harrison wrote:
I want you to read the last parargraph of an article from a newsletter called "Stinky Badges"
http://www.unknownnews.org/060804stinkybadges...
let me know if you were able to see the article
H H
If you were talking to me, yes, I was able to see the article.

And, yes (as I have said before) I am well aware that there are many many "crooked cops," out there.

However, I'm not really sure exactly what the others have to do with this particular case.
clifford

Auburn Hills, MI

#28 Aug 14, 2006
in 1912 the ratio of cops was less than one per 10 thousand population..today there are so many in this police state we live in..that we got more per population then u.s.s.r. durring cold war..or nazi germany in the 30s did..so corruption is rampant..they are the bigest danger to most americans..worser than gangs.drug dealears.or other crimanal element..we went from free state to police state and most people dont even know it..
Hank Harrison

AOL

#29 Aug 14, 2006
Hi Former Delta Reportet:
I was referring to the last paragraph in the story about the Ruleville officers, where the hamily was accusing the Chief and his people of causing bodily harm to an accused drug dealer. It just proves that there are some criminals that reallu seem to have him on their list, but that's nothing new.

Like you I am not trying to say that I know that these men are innocent, but since I have been away these many years, I have tried to keep up with what's going on in my home town and one thing that I heard about constantly in the past year or two, was how Chief Robinson was cracking down on the criminals.
Hank Harrison

AOL

#30 Aug 14, 2006
clifford wrote:
in 1912 the ratio of cops was less than one per 10 thousand population..today there are so many in this police state we live in..that we got more per population then u.s.s.r. durring cold war..or nazi germany in the 30s did..so corruption is rampant..they are the bigest danger to most americans..worser than gangs.drug dealears.or other crimanal element..we went from free state to police state and most people dont even know it..
CLIFFORD WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST THAT THESE COMMUNITIES DO NOW WITH ALL OF THE MURDERS,RAPES AND ROBBERIES ETC, AND HERE IN CHICAGO WE HAVE BARS ON OUR WINDOWS AS IF WE ARE IN PRISON, ALL TO TRY AND PROTECT OUR FAMILIES. SO LETS HEAR YOUR SOLUTION!!!!
clifford

Auburn Hills, MI

#31 Aug 14, 2006
real simple put the cops to work..not long ago,one passed me blue lights going..about 10 mile down road i pulled into the store..about 6 loads of cops there looked like a robbery..they had hired a new girl on the cash reg..90 per cent of cops riding around like thugs..looking to make a dollar..why so much crime..when a cop takes bribes on a drug deal..then a dealers friend breakes into your house..the cop owes the dealer a favor..when boys steal,rape.etc..get probation..they go on the payment plane..the more crimes they are busted for the more probation they get,the more they pay..the more cops the more crime..we need a fedral force to just controll the cops.
FormerDeltaRepor ter

New York, NY

#32 Aug 14, 2006
clifford wrote:
in 1912 the ratio of cops was less than one per 10 thousand population..today there are so many in this police state we live in..that we got more per population then u.s.s.r. durring cold war..or nazi germany in the 30s did..so corruption is rampant..they are the bigest danger to most americans..worser than gangs.drug dealears.or other crimanal element..we went from free state to police state and most people dont even know it..
I am sorry, did you just say "worser"?

That aside, if you really think we live in "police state," try dialing 911 in Detroit and see how long it takes the cops to show up.

There are many cities in which we could use far MORE police officers, not less.
FormerDeltaRepor ter

New York, NY

#33 Aug 14, 2006
Hank Harrison wrote:
Hi Former Delta Reportet:
I was referring to the last paragraph in the story about the Ruleville officers, where the hamily was accusing the Chief and his people of causing bodily harm to an accused drug dealer. It just proves that there are some criminals that reallu seem to have him on their list, but that's nothing new.
Like you I am not trying to say that I know that these men are innocent, but since I have been away these many years, I have tried to keep up with what's going on in my home town and one thing that I heard about constantly in the past year or two, was how Chief Robinson was cracking down on the criminals.
Ok, I get what you're saying now.

I am not at all surprised to learn that some wanted Chief Robinson(prior to his arrest). I was there when he moved from his Chief position in Mound Bayou to Ruleville. At that time, Chief Robinson told me things in Rulevile were going to change (in reguards to the town's rampant drug problem). I knew that there would be some who liked it the way it was.
clifford

Auburn Hills, MI

#34 Aug 14, 2006
if you call 911 around here..they might not even call cops.or answer phone..911 is a scam,,most areas use a private company ...not a part of goverment..but private firm..if you took all the cops..put them to working..there would be one on every street in america..not 25 in one gang..in 1912 in mass.textile strike..the strikers were armed with guns and knifes..total of 86 cops..25 thousand strikers..only one cop got hurt stabbed in the back..today it would take 100 cops if one guy was out of controll..more cops on a traffic accident than entire police force of 1970 in chatt. tn..grelly smith was marion county sherrif in 1950s thru 1970..he had one man helping him..over 50 bars in county...today they got about 2 times the population..but over 50 cops..and dont patrol as much of the county as one man did..in miles per week..
Lim DePriest

Schaumburg, IL

#35 Aug 15, 2006
clifford wrote:
real simple put the cops to work..not long ago,one passed me blue lights going..about 10 mile down road i pulled into the store..about 6 loads of cops there looked like a robbery..they had hired a new girl on the cash reg..90 per cent of cops riding around like thugs..looking to make a dollar..why so much crime..when a cop takes bribes on a drug deal..then a dealers friend breakes into your house..the cop owes the dealer a favor..when boys steal,rape.etc..get probation..they go on the payment plane..the more crimes they are busted for the more probation they get,the more they pay..the more cops the more crime..we need a fedral force to just controll the cops.
So, who is going to control the FEDS??? Just asking. As you know the saying it rolls down hill...if you get my drift. There are corrupt people in all facets of profession including the highest profession; some of the leaders of the world. I know my son is innocent. He only tried to do good things for that town and look what is happening. But, make no mistake, he is going to bounce back from this because God does not make mistakes and there is a reason HE is allowing this to happen. I prayed daily for his saftey evey since there were a hit put out on his life. They could not get him that way so they are trying to frame it now. These people can payoff anyone to say and do whatever they want. We are not talking about the little druggies on the street, but about the BIG GUYS who is supplying it. The average citizen is afraid of these people and will do what they want including lie. Why would my son take a bribe when he has locked up folks for attempt bribery? Why would he allow these folks to sell drugs when he is locking them up? And of couse the the allegation that he was selling drugs is really reaching!!!! Anyway, thanks for your comments. The Chief Mother Mrs. DePriest
Ruleville Reporter

Greenwood, MS

#36 Aug 16, 2006
Let's clarify some facts. Stinky badges articles claim that suspected drug dealer suffered some form of police brutality, fact, the accused attempted to escape. In an escape route the accused attempted to leap a wire fence and in that attempt his foot got caught, he fell and injured his spine. This was investigated and eye witnesses have accounted for this version of the story. Hell Hole comments, please maam or sir, if you reside in a Hell Hole, you can move. No one is holding you hostage or as a prisoner. For the Ruleville Residents who think Ruleville is that Bad, then take my advice and relocate to another town that you feel is safer and more equipped to create YOU A Safe Haven. Clifford, I want to take exception with several of your comments, opinions and positions. Firstly sir, your statistical data is unproven and unfounded. Your information is obsolete. Where sir do you get this data. This information is clearly is NOT applicable to our REGION, nor is applicable to Mississippi Delta. The comment you made this state being a police state is so off base, it's still difficult for me to grasp. The only reason nobody else knows that we live in a POLICE STATE is because it's an ILLUSION! An illusion created by YOU. The demographic results that you find are inaccurate, bias, and unproven furthermore, this state of POLICE would be present the STATE OF MISSISSIPPI paid our officers MORE than peanuts. Mississippi police officers are so so under paid that it is incomprehensible what they are paid. Clifford, you are accurate about a portion of your comment, "Most people don't know this"? I wonder WHY! Hank, in the future don't empower Clifford to slightly believe that he capable of solving any problems. The term "worser" evaporates your crediablity. The comment about six loads of cops, Ruleville doesn't have six full time officers, six police cars nor does the city have the capacity to send six officers to one scene at one time. Sorry this anology doesn't apply. Remember your data must apply to OUR region. 90% of the cops look like THUGS? What does a THUG look like sir? Generalizations are unfair and I think we have a great country, a great legal system, and great people who live in this country, so don't imply that the MAJORITY OR 90% OF THE men/women in Blue ARE thugs!!THIS 90% stat is based on your research or scientific observations by you.
The federal government comments: What! What! Are suffering from alzheimers disease at this point, do you really think they are capable of policing any one effectively.I can't believe you.
Case and Point, it would be interesting if the public knew that a large population of accused drug dealers use the same legal representative! Interesting isn't it! What's even more interesting is what if this same legal representative had a biologically related individual serving as a Federal judge in the Mississippi Delta. Interesting isn't it! Do you think that an ideal world that they would always exhibit superior ethical practices at lunch, dinner, supper or even over cocktails.What about during holidays!Maybe a
freudian slip about a case. Of course, they would never do anything of the sort! Of course not! We absolutely realize that Judge ? would never bargain with Legal rep ? about this or that...So what about
this biological link we are Ethical Professionals!
Regardless of these mistatements by Clifford, we know these gentlemen will have their day in court and they INNOCENT until PROVEN GUILTY!
Bring Facts not Fiction!
clifford

Auburn Hills, MI

#37 Aug 16, 2006
Lim DePriest wrote:
<quoted text> So, who is going to control the FEDS??? Just asking. As you know the saying it rolls down hill...if you get my drift. There are corrupt people in all facets of profession including the highest profession; some of the leaders of the world. I know my son is innocent. He only tried to do good things for that town and look what is happening. But, make no mistake, he is going to bounce back from this because God does not make mistakes and there is a reason HE is allowing this to happen. I prayed daily for his saftey evey since there were a hit put out on his life. They could not get him that way so they are trying to frame it now. These people can payoff anyone to say and do whatever they want. We are not talking about the little druggies on the street, but about the BIG GUYS who is supplying it. The average citizen is afraid of these people and will do what they want including lie. Why would my son take a bribe when he has locked up folks for attempt bribery? Why would he allow these folks to sell drugs when he is locking them up? And of couse the the allegation that he was selling drugs is really reaching!!!! Anyway, thanks for your comments. The Chief Mother Mrs. DePriest
if your son is not guilty i feel for him..yes cops are framed all the time..a cop allways has one foot in jail..one foot out..if you can try to hire a private detective to help him..thru his lawyer..you will be surpized what a good detective can do..he knows the game..talk to his lawyer..get a feel for the lawyer..does he fear the system..will he use the private resources ..that are there..or is he just stuck in the system..if your son wont admitt he got out smarted ...he will go down..but if he seeks help outside..he can beat them at there own game..just hire the best lawyer and private detective you can find..and dont ask how they do there job..just leave them alone..dont ask.dont tell..
FormerDeltaRepor ter

New York, NY

#38 Aug 16, 2006
Ruleville Reporter wrote:
Let's clarify some facts. Stinky badges articles claim that suspected drug dealer suffered some form of police brutality, fact, the accused attempted to escape. In an escape route the accused attempted to leap a wire fence and in that attempt his foot got caught, he fell and injured his spine. This was investigated and eye witnesses have accounted for this version of the story. Hell Hole comments, please maam or sir, if you reside in a Hell Hole, you can move. No one is holding you hostage or as a prisoner. For the Ruleville Residents who think Ruleville is that Bad, then take my advice and relocate to another town that you feel is safer and more equipped to create YOU A Safe Haven. Clifford, I want to take exception with several of your comments, opinions and positions. Firstly sir, your statistical data is unproven and unfounded. Your information is obsolete. Where sir do you get this data. This information is clearly is NOT applicable to our REGION, nor is applicable to Mississippi Delta. The comment you made this state being a police state is so off base, it's still difficult for me to grasp. The only reason nobody else knows that we live in a POLICE STATE is because it's an ILLUSION! An illusion created by YOU. The demographic results that you find are inaccurate, bias, and unproven furthermore, this state of POLICE would be present the STATE OF MISSISSIPPI paid our officers MORE than peanuts. Mississippi police officers are so so under paid that it is incomprehensible what they are paid. Clifford, you are accurate about a portion of your comment, "Most people don't know this"? I wonder WHY! Hank, in the future don't empower Clifford to slightly believe that he capable of solving any problems. The term "worser" evaporates your crediablity. The comment about six loads of cops, Ruleville doesn't have six full time officers, six police cars nor does the city have the capacity to send six officers to one scene at one time. Sorry this anology doesn't apply. Remember your data must apply to OUR region. 90% of the cops look like THUGS? What does a THUG look like sir? Generalizations are unfair and I think we have a great country, a great legal system, and great people who live in this country, so don't imply that the MAJORITY OR 90% OF THE men/women in Blue ARE thugs!!THIS 90% stat is based on your research or scientific observations by you.
The federal government comments: What! What! Are suffering from alzheimers disease at this point, do you really think they are capable of policing any one effectively.I can't believe you.
Case and Point, it would be interesting if the public knew that a large population of accused drug dealers use the same legal representative! Interesting isn't it! What's even more interesting is what if this same legal representative had a biologically related individual serving as a Federal judge in the Mississippi Delta. Interesting isn't it! Do you think that an ideal world that they would always exhibit superior ethical practices at lunch, dinner, supper or even over cocktails.What about during holidays!Maybe a
freudian slip about a case. Of course, they would never do anything of the sort! Of course not! We absolutely realize that Judge ? would never bargain with Legal rep ? about this or that...So what about
this biological link we are Ethical Professionals!
Regardless of these mistatements by Clifford, we know these gentlemen will have their day in court and they INNOCENT until PROVEN GUILTY!
Bring Facts not Fiction!
Ruleville Reporter, what you have said here is right on the money -- leaving me virtually nothing to add at this time. I am very happy to know that there are people like you following this case.
Ruleville Reporter

Greenwood, MS

#39 Aug 16, 2006
Mrs. Lim DePriest,
don't go out and retain a criminal investigator when have nothing assuring you this person will adequately represent you and your son. However if you can get an independent investigator that would be different eventhough that is highly unlikely in this area. Most criminal investaigator are heavily connected to the system in the region. So I don't know why "clifford" would advise you of such thing. Also don't retain clifford in any capacity.
Next interesting fact is in this region who benefits from Mississippi Drug trade the most. These guys don't OWN homes, apartments complexes, local businesses or liquor stores or tire/wheel shops. But they do RENT places to live, they buy expensive liquor, they RIDE in EXPENSIVE SUV's, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, and Jaguar cars, they go to MALLS to shop in Memphis/Jackson to shop,they don't even SHOP IN THE DELTA, they purchase the most expensive jewelry money can buy, they own expensive TIRES & WHEELS and purchase the best PORTER HOUSE STEAKS you can find, and they frequently stay at the best hotels around, my question is who benefits the most from the Drug Trade. That's the up side,or the winners but the down side or losers side is that lives ruined, communities are destroyed and families are dysfunctional as result of the drug trade. So again who wins and who really loses in the drug trade.
clifford

Auburn Hills, MI

#40 Aug 16, 2006
Ruleville Reporter wrote:
Let's clarify some facts. Stinky badges articles claim that suspected drug dealer suffered some form of police brutality, fact, the accused attempted to escape. In an escape route the accused attempted to leap a wire fence and in that attempt his foot got caught, he fell and injured his spine. This was investigated and eye witnesses have accounted for this version of the story. Hell Hole comments, please maam or sir, if you reside in a Hell Hole, you can move. No one is holding you hostage or as a prisoner. For the Ruleville Residents who think Ruleville is that Bad, then take my advice and relocate to another town that you feel is safer and more equipped to create YOU A Safe Haven. Clifford, I want to take exception with several of your comments, opinions and positions. Firstly sir, your statistical data is unproven and unfounded. Your information is obsolete. Where sir do you get this data. This information is clearly is NOT applicable to our REGION, nor is applicable to Mississippi Delta. The comment you made this state being a police state is so off base, it's still difficult for me to grasp. The only reason nobody else knows that we live in a POLICE STATE is because it's an ILLUSION! An illusion created by YOU. The demographic results that you find are inaccurate, bias, and unproven furthermore, this state of POLICE would be present the STATE OF MISSISSIPPI paid our officers MORE than peanuts. Mississippi police officers are so so under paid that it is incomprehensible what they are paid. Clifford, you are accurate about a portion of your comment, "Most people don't know this"? I wonder WHY! Hank, in the future don't empower Clifford to slightly believe that he capable of solving any problems. The term "worser" evaporates your crediablity. The comment about six loads of cops, Ruleville doesn't have six full time officers, six police cars nor does the city have the capacity to send six officers to one scene at one time. Sorry this anology doesn't apply. Remember your data must apply to OUR region. 90% of the cops look like THUGS? What does a THUG look like sir? Generalizations are unfair and I think we have a great country, a great legal system, and great people who live in this country, so don't imply that the MAJORITY OR 90% OF THE men/women in Blue ARE thugs!!THIS 90% stat is based on your research or scientific observations by you.
The federal government comments: What! What! Are suffering from alzheimers disease at this point, do you really think they are capable of policing any one effectively.I can't believe you.
Case and Point, it would be interesting if the public knew that a large population of accused drug dealers use the same legal representative! Interesting isn't it! What's even more interesting is what if this same legal representative had a biologically related individual serving as a Federal judge in the Mississippi Delta. Interesting isn't it! Do you think that an ideal world that they would always exhibit superior ethical practices at lunch, dinner, supper or even over cocktails.What about during holidays!Maybe a
freudian slip about a case. Of course, they would never do anything of the sort!
Bring Facts not Fiction!
you sound real smart..hope that officer was not as smart as you are..because you are just smart enough to fit real good in jail..the jail house is full of real smart innocent people..and at this point the feds have the upper hand..and out smarted the local cops..and if them local cops dont get a good lawyer..they will go to fedral pen..when you think you are smarter than the other person..you go down real easy..thats why the jail is full of innocent people..a guy here bragged he was the richest guy in the county..hes doing 50 years in jail..now how smart is he.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mound Bayou Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Long-awaited Forklift restaurant opens Monday Sep 12 Black Skillet 7
News Mound Bayou ready for Septemberfest Sep 3 Johnny McClodden... 1
News Mississippi district appeals order in desegrega... Jul '16 WeTheSheeple 1
llooking for tony (Dec '15) May '16 larrya1998 3
News Grammy museums director wants repeal of Mississ... May '16 Holy Silicon Wafer 4
News Callie Marie Ware, 26, of Renova (Sep '13) Apr '16 Elliott 7
E.C.C. is a manipulator. (Mar '16) Mar '16 ridin dirty 1

Mound Bayou Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mound Bayou Mortgages