Ruleville police officers arrested

Full story: Bolivar Commercial

Donell Maxie BC Staff Writer Published August 04, 2006 1:55 PM CDT This morning at approximately 6:30 a.m. federal law enforcement officers exercised an arrest on two of Ruleville's top law enforcement ...
Comments
1 - 20 of 239 Comments Last updated Nov 20, 2012
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Lim DePriest

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 5, 2006
 
I am the mother of Chief Robinson and my heart is broken with these allegation against my son. These charges are clearly a setup. My son has worked hard to rid this town of the corruption of drugs that is running rampant. This is clearly a case of entrapment and more clearly a case of political differences. My son is a man of integrity and he is a man of the law. He has done grant things for this town including putting his life on the line...having a hit put out on him. This is the thanks he is getting from some disgruntled locals. I know my son will be exonerated from these charges because God knows he is innocent. My son loves what he does and he is very good at it. However, he has always been looked upon as an outsider. It like "Mr. Tibbs" coming to town from the movies "In The Heat OF the Night. A big city cop coming to the south and not being accepted. Also, things are not always as it appears. I hope my son gets a chance to speak his side. His Mother Mrs. Lim DePriest.
Bust Your Ass

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 5, 2006
 
Well,
Let's wait until all the evidence is in and is made public, but he would not be the first crooked cop. Then again that would not be the first crooked town.
Here in Florida we had Everglades City where almost all of the officials and locals were Smuggling dope in the 80's. The feds came in and busted most civilians and officials. In Hendry County Florida a former Sheriff was convicted of Cocaine Smuggling and did 10 years. All his compadres and himself are the current city buisness people. One extradited convict owns a dealership.
I studied economics and this country's economy does not follow any of the basic rules of a free market except if you factor in the black market which is really the ellegal drug trade in this county. The only cycle that fits this country's economy is the drug enforcement cycle that we are at the developing stages of the current one now.
To the Mother of the Chief up there: Mam with all due respect... from the reports your son is made out to "look like a duck" if you do not wish for him to "walk like a duck" then get a honest lawyer if there is such a thing, and see if it is really the locals out there that are really the ones that "Quack like ducks".
Alex Smith

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 5, 2006
 
AN ATROCITY ! A TRADEGY ! CLEARLY AN ORCHESTRATED ACT OF ENTRAPMENT!

MY BELIEF IS THE LOCALS WHO WERE INSTRUMENTAL IN OUSTING/UNSEATING, CHIEF ROBINSON AND HIS ASSISTANT BY HELPING THE SO CALLED "LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES" TO DESTROY THIS MAN'S LIFE AND HIS FAMILY IS AN ABOMINATION !
IT APPEARS THAT THEIR SUPPORT IS FOR THE "DRUG LORDS", AND NOT FOR THE THE MEN WHO ARE PART OF MISSISSIPI'S FINEST! CHIEF ROBINSON HAS DEMONSTRATED GREAT LEADERSHIP AND SUPPPORT TO THIS "DYING TOWN.
I AM NATIVE OF MISSISSIPPI, CLEVELAND/RULEVILLE, AND I REGULARLY READ THE BOLIVER COMMERCIAL TO STAY ATTUNED TO WHAT'S HAPPENING!
IT IS MY HOPE THAT THE CHIEF AND HIS ASSISTANT, WILL BE CLEARED OF THIS ATTEMPTED ABORTION !
Lim DePriest

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 5, 2006
 
Bust Your Ass wrote:
Well,
Let's wait until all the evidence is in and is made public, but he would not be the first crooked cop. Then again that would not be the first crooked town.
Here in Florida we had Everglades City where almost all of the officials and locals were Smuggling dope in the 80's. The feds came in and busted most civilians and officials. In Hendry County Florida a former Sheriff was convicted of Cocaine Smuggling and did 10 years. All his compadres and himself are the current city buisness people. One extradited convict owns a dealership.
I studied economics and this country's economy does not follow any of the basic rules of a free market except if you factor in the black market which is really the ellegal drug trade in this county. The only cycle that fits this country's economy is the drug enforcement cycle that we are at the developing stages of the current one now.
To the Mother of the Chief up there: Mam with all due respect... from the reports your son is made out to "look like a duck" if you do not wish for him to "walk like a duck" then get a honest lawyer if there is such a thing, and see if it is really the locals out there that are really the ones that "Quack like ducks".
Sir, as the mother of the Chief, I thank you for your comments. I agree with you there are a lot of corrupt policemen and they should be punished, but my son is not one of them. I don't know if you are aware of this or not but a hit was put out on my son life by these drug lords. In fact, his whole department was threaten. He has made so many drug busts and also arrested some for attempting to bride him. If he were on the take he would have something to show for it. He doesn't own a car!!! You are correct, we will have to get an honest criminal lawyer and we will. I guess he got to close to the real people on top. As I mention in my comment, things aren't always what they seem and it will all come out eventually. You know and I know if these people want to get you they will find away to do it. Also, you know in this country we are always guilty before proven innocent. Again, thanks for your reply. God Bless
jack

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 5, 2006
 
As you know, I am a former Mississippian and I have a family in the town of Ruleville.The people are always harrassed by the chief instead of clocking out at five, he and his assistant stays on the clock to make money under the table by forcing the drug dealers for protection. These police officers abuse their badges to get what they want from these criminals and also citizens. Kicking people's doors down without legitimate warrants or sometimes no warrants at all is very unacceptable. Ma'am I feel no grievance for your son because when you do wrong, wrong will follow you. And why do you think FBI agents would make false allegations on your son, when they know do not even know your son to discriminate. The Holy Bible says,"You reap what you sow." He's good in your eyes ma'am, but he's your son. I have a son, who I love and I will defend my son to the end but I know he does things that are wrong, so my heart goes out to you. But a crooked cop it does not.GOD BLESS ALL
jack

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 6, 2006
 
I HAVE TWO WORDS,TRAINING DAY. THESE TWO GUYS THOUGHT THEY COULD DO WRONG AND NEVER GET CAUGHT.WHAT'S DONE IN THE DARK WILL COME TO THE LIGHT. WAS IT WORTH EMBARRASSING FAMILY AND CITIZEN'S TRUST FOR GREED.THE BIBLE SAYS WE ARE LIVING IN THE LAST DAYS AND NOW I BELIEVE IT.IF THESE ALLEGATIONS ARE TRUE, I HOPE THESE GUYS REPENT.OUR GOD JEHOVAH IS ALWAYS WATCHING.
Lim DePriest

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 7, 2006
 
jack wrote:
I HAVE TWO WORDS,TRAINING DAY. THESE TWO GUYS THOUGHT THEY COULD DO WRONG AND NEVER GET CAUGHT.WHAT'S DONE IN THE DARK WILL COME TO THE LIGHT. WAS IT WORTH EMBARRASSING FAMILY AND CITIZEN'S TRUST FOR GREED.THE BIBLE SAYS WE ARE LIVING IN THE LAST DAYS AND NOW I BELIEVE IT.IF THESE ALLEGATIONS ARE TRUE, I HOPE THESE GUYS REPENT.OUR GOD JEHOVAH IS ALWAYS WATCHING.
Jack, since when does a police officer have to clock out at 5:00? An officer of the law is always on duty. I would not be surprised if some of YOUR family members are involved in the drug trafficking. As far as the FBI goes, it is their job to look into any allegation when it involves an officer of the law. They would not have gotten involved had these drug lords had not tried to set my son up. I don't know if you are aware of or not, but they have threaten his life and he has locked up some of these folks for attempt bribery. They could not get him by the threats so they have resorted to trying to frame him. Please don't quote the bible to me; I am as astute as you are when it comes to the bible. Since you are a former member of that town, how do you know what really happen? You are only going by heresy and your family input. Also, things are not always as it appears. It looks like a number of small-minded people such as you have found him guilty before he is proven innocent. No reply necessary.
Kelly R Johnson Jr

Oceanside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 8, 2006
 
I am the Godson to the accused's mother. I also a sergeant court reporter in the U.S. Marine Corps. I have to tell you that I see a lot of federal crimes, some major, by individuals in authority, and some minor. I feel the problem with this country sometimes is that we have a tendency to strike someone as being guilty before any judgement has been concluded. What the average person doesn't understand is that when you are alleged to have committed a crime, that's all it is; YOU ARE ALLEGED. Before we pass judgement on another for something we have no clue about, ask ourselves, what gives us the authority to pass judgement. I am sure there are some of you that have committed crimes, or family members that have committed crimes. You would probably take offense to premature convictions in the minds of others.
I truly hope that everything turns out for the best. Lim, you know I love you guys and Ronnie is in my prayers. Stay strong, and I'm always here. Tell Nicholas to give me a call or to e-mail me.
Lim DePriest

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 8, 2006
 
Kelly R Johnson Jr wrote:
I am the Godson to the accused's mother. I also a sergeant court reporter in the U.S. Marine Corps. I have to tell you that I see a lot of federal crimes, some major, by individuals in authority, and some minor. I feel the problem with this country sometimes is that we have a tendency to strike someone as being guilty before any judgement has been concluded. What the average person doesn't understand is that when you are alleged to have committed a crime, that's all it is; YOU ARE ALLEGED. Before we pass judgement on another for something we have no clue about, ask ourselves, what gives us the authority to pass judgement. I am sure there are some of you that have committed crimes, or family members that have committed crimes. You would probably take offense to premature convictions in the minds of others.
I truly hope that everything turns out for the best. Lim, you know I love you guys and Ronnie is in my prayers. Stay strong, and I'm always here. Tell Nicholas to give me a call or to e-mail me.
Thanks honey. I could not have said it any better. I do not have your email address. Tell your mom to give me all the info. Love you
Ruleville Reporter

Greenwood, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 8, 2006
 
Jack,

We reside in America not China! The officials will have their day in court, sir. They are Innocent until PROVEN guilty! Sorry we don't live China, Jackie, where the laws stipulates the reverse, GUILTY until proven Innocent. I am overwhemled that you are not a judge or juror! It's evidently clear that the federal government has strong witnesses in the case against the officers. Those witnesses are DRUG DEALERS!Allow me to say this again, DRUG DEALERS are the primary witnesses in this case. If the case was so strong for the government why did they set the bond so low,$10,000 and $20,000? It's vividly clear this is an entrapment case!
Jack, apparently you watch a great deal of television(training day)and you don't read equally as much, so allow me to introduce you to some interesting Great American History, History Fact #1 Oakland, California and the government planting crack in the black community. History Fact #2 Tuskgee Institute and how the government surgically infected black males for research with STD. And finally, since you are previously from Ruleville and presently, you have family that resides their. How you as a man or human being continue to be such a COWARD by leaving your family in such a dangerous environment. Apparently, you have concluded that the policemen involved are "training day" style policemen however you continued to LEAVE your family that you love in this environment. That's real LOVE! If they are from clones from training day then the CITY is not safe! But the same city where Fannie Lou Hamer implemented the Head start progam, has crime rates at an all time low, more businesses are present than ever before and the birth of established community related projects sponsored by the Police Department. Jack, we are aware that you are uniformed and uneducated about the internal affairs as well as the historical affiars of this city and this country, but take a step back. After stepping back evaluate your ability or lack of, to conclude matters based entirely on secondary sources, hearsay, gossip,
unproven evidence and limited data sources. You, Jack are unfortunate, uniformed and uneducated, so in the future please, don't rely entirely on your pastor's interpretation of the bible, don't believe every article that you read unless it's proven to be facts or cited data supported by evidence!

Poor jack
Lim DePriest

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 8, 2006
 
Ruleville Reporter wrote:
Jack,
We reside in America not China! The officials will have their day in court, sir. They are Innocent until PROVEN guilty! Sorry we don't live China, Jackie, where the laws stipulates the reverse, GUILTY until proven Innocent. I am overwhemled that you are not a judge or juror! It's evidently clear that the federal government has strong witnesses in the case against the officers. Those witnesses are DRUG DEALERS!Allow me to say this again, DRUG DEALERS are the primary witnesses in this case. If the case was so strong for the government why did they set the bond so low,$10,000 and $20,000? It's vividly clear this is an entrapment case!
Jack, apparently you watch a great deal of television(training day)and you don't read equally as much, so allow me to introduce you to some interesting Great American History, History Fact #1 Oakland, California and the government planting crack in the black community. History Fact #2 Tuskgee Institute and how the government surgically infected black males for research with STD. And finally, since you are previously from Ruleville and presently, you have family that resides their. How you as a man or human being continue to be such a COWARD by leaving your family in such a dangerous environment. Apparently, you have concluded that the policemen involved are "training day" style policemen however you continued to LEAVE your family that you love in this environment. That's real LOVE! If they are from clones from training day then the CITY is not safe! But the same city where Fannie Lou Hamer implemented the Head start progam, has crime rates at an all time low, more businesses are present than ever before and the birth of established community related projects sponsored by the Police Department. Jack, we are aware that you are uniformed and uneducated about the internal affairs as well as the historical affiars of this city and this country, but take a step back. After stepping back evaluate your ability or lack of, to conclude matters based entirely on secondary sources, hearsay, gossip,
unproven evidence and limited data sources. You, Jack are unfortunate, uniformed and uneducated, so in the future please, don't rely entirely on your pastor's interpretation of the bible, don't believe every article that you read unless it's proven to be facts or cited data supported by evidence!
Poor jack
I love you whoever you are!!! I thank you so much for your well written comments. I know in my heart my son is innocent. I know these are some very bad people and they will get what's coming to them one day for tearing a family apart with these allegations. God Bless you!!!
INSIDE EDITION

Broomfield, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 9, 2006
 
I GUESS YOU SAY IT IS RIGHT FOR ALL DRUG DEALERS TO BE RIGHT BY CELEBRATING THE ARREST OF THE TWO TOP POLICEMAN SO THEY CAN SELL DRUGS FREELY,BUT I WILL RELEASE A LIST OF ALL KNOWN RULEVILE DRUG DEALERS NAMES AND ADRESSES TO THE FEDS SO THEY WILL KNOW THEY ARE GUILTY AS WELL,THE ARREST OF THE TWO TOP OFFICIALS WANT GIVE THEM A FREE AVENUE TO SELL DRUGS AND DESTROY THE CITY OF RULEVLLE.
little c

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 9, 2006
 
INSIDE EDITION,

Thanks!

This just goes to show, GOD is in charge and he's working on this case from all over. Have faith because, it's all gonna be exposed soon.

Sometimes you can set a trap for someone else and fall into it yourself.
Praise God,
Sgt Kellys Mother

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 9, 2006
 
K well said, son I'm proud of you. Love MOM
Lim, it is your Progative to "STAND BY YOUR MAN" in this case "YOUR SON". I would do the same.
Ronald, we are all standing by you and your family during this time with prayers, love and support.
Folks! ALLEGATIONS does not make a person guilty. The real truth will come out about these allegations and threats on Chief Robinson life. Like jack said, "you reap what you sew". Let Mr Robinson have his day in court before you pass judgment on him.
I smell something cooking and it isn't food. YOUR BEING RAILROADED OUT OF YOUR OFFICE on a fast train. But,what the drug lords and other higher ups don't realize is that GOD is the conductor, not them. "God has sent his angels to take charge of you".
LJ
New York NY

Matteson, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 9, 2006
 
I just feel sorry if Mr Robinson has children. How would this affect the children? If Mr Robinson has children the family need to be trying to protect them.
Lim DePriest

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Aug 10, 2006
 
New York NY wrote:
I just feel sorry if Mr Robinson has children. How would this affect the children? If Mr Robinson has children the family need to be trying to protect them.
This is affecting his 17 year old son very, very, much. But, we are a close knit family and will do everything in our power to protect him. God is in control and I know everything is going to work out according to his perfect plan.
Ruleville reporter

Greenwood, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Aug 10, 2006
 
Greetings to all who are sincerely interested in the judicial fairness. On yesterday, the accused gentlemen pleaded not guilty in the initial hearing and the trial for this case is scheduled for September 2006. The most interesting piece about this trial is that the federal government is depending totally on uncrediable witnesses. The federal government encourages ALL to retain the PD. The public defender who is also paid by the same people who pay the Attorney general and the prosecution. THE TAX PAYERS!The PD's will encourage clients to take "pleas for lesser time rather than fight for your life". Secondly, these witnesses have already been arrested on drug charges, however their cases are strategically delayed pending they can set some other individuals up. Those charges continue pending and they float around in our judicial atmposphere waiting and waiting until "BOOM", they catch a fish. These witnesses don't pay taxes, don't have jobs, and don't have at the least a GED, however they drive fancy cars, with high priced rims and tires, they posess expensive jewlery, and purchase the best quality alcohol beverages money can buy. So let us not forget, the accused are still INNOCENT in the United States of America. Good luck MOTHER Lim DePriest and stay prayerful!!!
Lim DePriest

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Aug 10, 2006
 
Ruleville reporter wrote:
Greetings to all who are sincerely interested in the judicial fairness. On yesterday, the accused gentlemen pleaded not guilty in the initial hearing and the trial for this case is scheduled for September 2006. The most interesting piece about this trial is that the federal government is depending totally on uncrediable witnesses. The federal government encourages ALL to retain the PD. The public defender who is also paid by the same people who pay the Attorney general and the prosecution. THE TAX PAYERS!The PD's will encourage clients to take "pleas for lesser time rather than fight for your life". Secondly, these witnesses have already been arrested on drug charges, however their cases are strategically delayed pending they can set some other individuals up. Those charges continue pending and they float around in our judicial atmposphere waiting and waiting until "BOOM", they catch a fish. These witnesses don't pay taxes, don't have jobs, and don't have at the least a GED, however they drive fancy cars, with high priced rims and tires, they posess expensive jewlery, and purchase the best quality alcohol beverages money can buy. So let us not forget, the accused are still INNOCENT in the United States of America. Good luck MOTHER Lim DePriest and stay prayerful!!!
Very well said!! Thanks for your continous support. God bless you!!
FormerDeltaRepor ter

Brentwood, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Aug 11, 2006
 
I used to work in the Delta as a TV reporter and had the opportunity to interview and work with Chief Robinson many times, as he served in both Mound Bayou and in Ruleville.

I always found Chief Robinson to be an honest, upfront and hardworking public servant -- a good man who always had the best interest of his community at heart. Whatever comes of these charges, I just wanted to say that my heart goes out to the Robinson family, and I will be carefully following this case as things progress. Take care.
clifford

Auburn Hills, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Aug 11, 2006
 
often the f.b.i. and state officers are corrupt and do take out cops who cross there path..i know this..but also in most small towns the police are behind a few drug dealers..and bust any one who compeats aginst there dealers..when my mom lived in chatt.tn..i would sit on her front porch..watch people pull up to house on corner,buy dope..then a few min.later..city police car would pull up to house..dealer would lean over into car talk to cop for a min..while passing money into car..always one police car pulled up to house another car a block behind him..a counted a total of 8 cops doing this..mom finally passed away.i have not been back in 4 years..but this was going on for at least 10 years i know off..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mound Bayou Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
M.E. Drama Aug 11 whhhhaat 7
MS Mississippi judge jails attorney for not reciti... (Oct '10) Aug 11 Vote 1,985
tell me what you know. Aug 5 questions 1
Dusty Williams Jul '14 malx 1
Airport Grocery (Mar '12) Jul '14 Whatever 8
Theodore Story Jul '14 old friend 1
Dusty Williams Jul '14 disgruntled 1

Search the Mound Bayou Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Mound Bayou Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Mound Bayou People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Mound Bayou News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Mound Bayou
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••