Welfare abuse uncovered in north Miss...

Welfare abuse uncovered in north Mississippi

There are 19 comments on the Djournal.com story from Dec 30, 2010, titled Welfare abuse uncovered in north Mississippi. In it, Djournal.com reports that:

Following a year that recorded a surge in welfare fraud probes, the state of Mississippi plans to be busy in 2011 busting abusers of public assistance.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Djournal.com.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

#1 Jan 3, 2011
about 95% of the welfare cases are fraud. Everyone knows it.

“A place called home”

Since: Sep 09

Duck Hill

#2 Jan 3, 2011
BigDan wrote:
Where is the proof ? What do you base your statement on ? I don't know if that is true or not, but, I will read the proof.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#3 Jan 3, 2011
BigDan wrote:
Big Dan,

We are blessed to have a know it all like you on patrol in the world wide web. Hey, do you know about the super duper top secret UFO base?

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#4 Jan 4, 2011
RevEZDamnUall wrote:
<quoted text>
Big Dan,
We are blessed to have a know it all like you on patrol in the world wide web. Hey, do you know about the super duper top secret UFO base?
don't worry, they aren't going to take your welfare and food stamps away, we still take care of the handicapped here in the U.S.
rosaline

Southaven, MS

#5 Jul 24, 2013
aguyfromduckhill wrote:
<quoted text>Where is the proof ? What do you base your statement on ? I don't know if that is true or not, but, I will read the proof.
i wouldnt say 95% a would say closer to maybe 50
Uh hem

United States

#6 Aug 6, 2013
Just look at the really bad trailer park (you know which worst one im talkin about)Nobody works, everyone is "disabled" but they all have money for drugs? Taxpayers are paying for some of the little thugs' crack, pills, weed, and booze, and the government takes care of their babies cause they won't work.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#7 Aug 7, 2013
Uh hem wrote:
Just look at the really bad trailer park (you know which worst one im talkin about)Nobody works, everyone is "disabled" but they all have money for drugs? Taxpayers are paying for some of the little thugs' crack, pills, weed, and booze, and the government takes care of their babies cause they won't work.
You are correct
Soso

United States

#8 Aug 7, 2013
Oh so you guys must know Jeffrey! Hahaha
Interesting

Las Vegas, NV

#9 Aug 13, 2013
True story, I just finished taking an economics class at NWCC. We had a lengthy discussion regarding government spending that included welfare spending. The professor asked “What do you think the government should do moving forward? Increase, decrease or maintain the current amount of money being allocated to welfare programs and why? The VERY FIRST student that made a comment had this to say…..”The government should probably put more money into welfare programs, there are a lot of people that are either tired or working or just don’t want to work. Those people need a steady source of income as well.”
Yea

United States

#10 Aug 13, 2013
Some people need help, but it should be temporary unless they have a true disability. The govt would save so much money if they weeded out the frauds and did more investigating. Some people say recipients should have drug tests, but that wouldn't work because their Children would suffer. They definitely need to do more than ask a few questions if they're gonna hand out so muj lol ey. And look how many people in gore springs that we all know of who are too lazy to work or pretend they are crazy.
Yea

United States

#11 Aug 13, 2013
Interesting wrote:
True story, I just finished taking an economics class at NWCC. We had a lengthy discussion regarding government spending that included welfare spending. The professor asked “What do you think the government should do moving forward? Increase, decrease or maintain the current amount of money being allocated to welfare programs and why? The VERY FIRST student that made a comment had this to say…..”The government should probably put more money into welfare programs, there are a lot of people that are either tired or working or just don’t want to work. Those people need a steady source of income as well.”
Yeah, we'll see if they graduate.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#12 Aug 13, 2013
Yea wrote:
Some people need help, but it should be temporary unless they have a true disability. The govt would save so much money if they weeded out the frauds and did more investigating. Some people say recipients should have drug tests, but that wouldn't work because their Children would suffer. They definitely need to do more than ask a few questions if they're gonna hand out so muj lol ey. And look how many people in gore springs that we all know of who are too lazy to work or pretend they are crazy.
It's their children that suffer, that is their problem, if they can't take care of them, take them away. Win Win.
Yea

United States

#13 Aug 13, 2013
I know, but somebody will end up having to take care of them. Foster parents will get state money to do it.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#14 Aug 14, 2013
Yea wrote:
I know, but somebody will end up having to take care of them. Foster parents will get state money to do it.
We need to open back up orphanages. Their success rate far exceeds anything that we have now. Churches should be allowed to receive money to run them.
Yea

United States

#15 Aug 14, 2013
It would still cost tax payer money.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#16 Aug 15, 2013
Yea wrote:
It would still cost tax payer money.
Yes but it would be more effective use of Tax payer money and much cheaper.
Yea

United States

#17 Aug 15, 2013
I'm not criticizing, I am trying to see your point of view.... How is it cheaper and more effective?

Boise, ID

#18 Aug 16, 2013
i dont know what it matters it is not like the welfare (dept of human services) system cares. they just want to sit up in their office and gossip, make jokes, and get smart with people who are trying to let them know about the people who are frauding the system. they really dont care what lies are told or who is telling them as long as they dont have to do much more work than the people that are telling the lies while applying for welfare.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#19 Aug 18, 2013
Drug test for all welfare !!! Not just once either!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mound Bayou Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Long-awaited Forklift restaurant opens Monday Sep 12 Black Skillet 7
News Mound Bayou ready for Septemberfest Sep 3 Johnny McClodden... 1
News Mississippi district appeals order in desegrega... Jul '16 WeTheSheeple 1
llooking for tony (Dec '15) May '16 larrya1998 3
News Grammy museums director wants repeal of Mississ... May '16 Holy Silicon Wafer 4
News Callie Marie Ware, 26, of Renova (Sep '13) Apr '16 Elliott 7
E.C.C. is a manipulator. (Mar '16) Mar '16 ridin dirty 1

Mound Bayou Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mound Bayou Mortgages