Jennifer Bynum

United States

#1 Jul 23, 2008
I'd like to know if there's a historical record of the names of the doctors who've practiced in Mound Bayou during the early twenties and a bit beyond?
I'm inquiring because my Mother born in 1924 says she was told that when she was born prematurely in the State of LA., that doctors in the area of Tallulah, LA. had given up on her,and her Grandfather Mr.Evans (I can't recall the first name) sent for his daughter in Mound Bayou, a practicing physician at the time, came and saved my mother's life. I don't recall her name, but I figured there weren't many practicing female physicians during that time. If anyone has any information concerning this, please, let me know, I certainly would appreciate it.........Thank you, Jennifer Bynum
WE ARE WORKING ON IT

Richlandtown, PA

#2 Apr 22, 2010
Jennifer Bynum wrote:
I'd like to know if there's a historical record of the names of the doctors who've practiced in Mound Bayou during the early twenties and a bit beyond?
I'm inquiring because my Mother born in 1924 says she was told that when she was born prematurely in the State of LA., that doctors in the area of Tallulah, LA. had given up on her,and her Grandfather Mr.Evans (I can't recall the first name) sent for his daughter in Mound Bayou, a practicing physician at the time, came and saved my mother's life. I don't recall her name, but I figured there weren't many practicing female physicians during that time. If anyone has any information concerning this, please, let me know, I certainly would appreciate it.........Thank you, Jennifer Bynum
Jennifer,
The doctors all came from Meharry Medical School in Nashville. I am pretty sure if you contacted them and asked about a female doctor who worked in Mound Bayou during the time period, they would be able to give you a name, especially, since like you said there were few female physicians.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mound Bayou Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Last suspect in Mound Bayou shooting jailed (May '07) Oct 27 lovehate 16
llooking for tony (Dec '15) Oct 24 wildthang 6
News Clevelander arrested (May '13) Sep '17 joey 6
Does anyone know a guy named Jeremy Simms? Aug '17 Deltagirl87 2
Walgreens (Dec '16) Dec '16 Poptart 1
News Cleveland ready to merge schools, but would shu... (Oct '16) Oct '16 taken2 1
News Kevin Jones dies car accident (Sep '09) Oct '16 Lele adams 3

Mound Bayou Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mound Bayou Mortgages