Mississippi High School Football - Bi...

Mississippi High School Football - Biloxi trounced by Moss Point

There are 55 comments on the MaxPreps story from Sep 23, 2006, titled Mississippi High School Football - Biloxi trounced by Moss Point. In it, MaxPreps reports that:

Fans at Friday's league game between the Moss Point Tigers and the visiting Biloxi Indians , witnessed Moss Point's football team trounce Biloxi by a score of 26-3. The Tigers now own a 2-3 record.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MaxPreps.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Seattle, WA

#44 May 27, 2008
Just so you know---I played football in high school,college,and then for the Washington Redskins. I support football it made me a good livin,but education was the most important gift I recieved from playing. Keep this in mind---when football ends where will you be and what will you do.

Sherman, TX

#45 Jun 22, 2008
outsider wrote:
I put that in there twice just so you guys could let that sink in.
And so what? You think I'm going to feel dumb just because "you" said it? How about you're showing how dumb you are by not being able to spell dumb! Classic!
Men of Troy

Columbus, OH

#46 Sep 10, 2008
I have seen so many grammatical errors, it's insane. I am a Moss Point Graudate and I have a B.S. in Fine Arts. It doesn't mean that I'm better than ANYONE else...I am a Health Care Specailist for YOUR U.S. Army now. I love this job. There are so many people out there with MBAs and other types of degrees, but no job or they are working for a fast food restaurant. It's football season, so talk football. Don't let your frustrations get the best of you. My class graduated 399. That was a long time ago, and they students who didn't graduate finished it up in summer school, I'm sure. Speaking on football MPHS has won the most State Championships of all the schools being mentioned here. If the kids can't keep their grades up, I'm sure they won't play.

Sherman, TX

#47 Sep 11, 2008
For everyone who does not teach or attend MPHS, you should really keep your mouths shut. I am an "A" student at Moss Point, and it is a great school. We have plenty of amazing things at Moss Point. We have Cisco, and are very high in technology. We also have an afantastic band and a great superindent. You people are the reason kids feel horrible about where they come from, when in fact, we have a great school!
2008 Tennessee Tiger Fan

Bristol, TN

#48 Sep 13, 2008
Fred wrote:
Ocean Springs spanked moss points but (NOW)!
Yeah...every now and then I guess each of you fans of other Mississippi gulf coast high school teams get to brag about beating Moss Point! Then five years later when Moss Point's Tigers have stomped each of your teams five, six or seven times in a row (and with merciful restraint much of the time), you'll still be braggin' about whippin' those Tigers the one in ten times you might luck up and do it...and still braggin' seven years later!

Diamondhead, MS

#49 Sep 19, 2008
Jus Being Real

Moss Point, MS

#51 Oct 15, 2008
Dont Talk About Mp That Way!!!! Just Because Bioxi Doesn't Have Any Good Players They Sorry As Hell And You Know It....The Widerecivers couln't Catch a Could Butt Naked In Alaska!!!!!!!
Jus Being Real

Moss Point, MS

#52 Oct 15, 2008
If You Dont Like Moss Point And How We Do Things ForGEt ALL YALL!!!!!!

Hattiesburg, MS

#53 Oct 15, 2008
all yall suck!!!!!!!!!!

Hattiesburg, MS

#54 Oct 15, 2008
Hot for Connie

United States

#55 Oct 16, 2008
Moss Point Chick, you have a 4.0 and write like that? I guess the standards aren't very high!
The Captain

Eagle, ID

#56 Aug 12, 2010
Yeah. A bunch of thugs and good for nothing will amount to nothing in their lives murderers.
Gomer Pyle

United States

#57 Aug 17, 2010
a11wedoisdis wrote:
You hate on us and call us dumb and say we have problems with academics and thas because your sorry asses never won anything in football. Yes we boast the fact that we are good in football but in the last couple of years we've had a few academic all americans! In HIGHSCHOLL! Thats impressive to me. And by the way, for years kids from OS, Biloxi and so on have been over here in our neighborhoods trying to "BE DOWN!" ! Your systems are flawed just like any other, you're just undercover with it hate to admit it!
How all you all down thar spal dumm shat???
Watchful Eye

Berryville, VA

#58 Aug 18, 2010
Does Moss Point still operate on a different grading scale then other high schools? I know as of 2004 they did. 100-90= A, 89-80=B, 79-70=C and 69-60=D

Sure does make it a lot easier to have your student athletes academically eligible with that scale

OS Scale
100-93=A 92-85=B 84-78=C 77-70=D

I am going to assume my meager 3.2 in HS would have easily been high honors in MP

Moss Point, MS

#59 Sep 10, 2010
It's sad that adults would talk bad about student's academic performance. It's easy to judge when you're on the outside looking in. I've been a teacher in the MP school district for ten years. I work just as hard as teachers in neighboring districts. Teaching in MP has been extremely challenging. I do it for the kids who desire a brighter future. Our students work hard to master all skills taught. Some of our students deal with problems that we as adults will never have to face. We couldn't handle their problems!!! I'm dedicated to my city and the students who live here. Someone has to be there for them as well. We have many accomplished students who grow up to be productive citizens. Sweep around your own front door. If losing against MP football team upset you then maybe you should stay at home on Friday nights!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moss Point Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chappeys Music Store Sep 24 Lisa 2
News BJ's Cafe: The biscuits are calling you (Mar '11) Sep 23 Mike W 44
News Feds join whistleblower suit on Stone County Ho... Sep 23 John 1
Ocean Springs Music Forum (Feb '13) Sep 22 Musikologist 9
News Lake George plan submitted for federal, state p... Sep 22 Frank Leach 1
News Jimmy Buffett shines a positive light on Pascag... Sep 21 PeeCee 1
Martin Lake Resort??? (Mar '09) Sep 18 tattooed 62
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Moss Point Mortgages