Highway 1 traffic slowed by crash near Bay Avenue

Traffic on southbound Highway 1 is backed up at Bay Avenue where a car ran off the road and hit a utility pole around 1:40 p.m., according to the California Highway Patrol. Full Story
a girl in capitola

Santa Cruz, CA

#1 Nov 16, 2010
Stop texting and driving.
sam14

Santa Cruz, CA

#2 Nov 16, 2010
I witnessed this accident happen. The driver swerved from the slow lane across the fast lane in front of me, I slowed down he hit the center divide and swerved all the way back across the slow lane up the embankment and smashed into the light pole. It looked really bad but could have been worse. My guess is he passed out or something because he never applied his brakes. Hope he is okay.
Safe to say

Santa Cruz, CA

#3 Nov 16, 2010
"The Toyota Yaris, which appeared totaled"
Is this statement part of the Sentinel's new "not jumping to conclusions" policy?
What? You think a little pounding and paint will fix that right up?
Nuff

Watsonville, CA

#4 Nov 16, 2010
It took Chaz tow over an hour to recover this!

CHP sure has the motoring public's best interests when they us incompetent tow company's!

We all suffer with the traffic snarls.

Another CHP FAIL

“Freedom and Responsibility”

Since: Apr 10

Glenwood, CA

#5 Nov 17, 2010
What is it about this section of highway that seemingly has injury accidents every week? I realize there are a lot of merges due to on/offramps, but it seems like any error results in a horrific crash.
Sick of It

Santa Cruz, CA

#6 Nov 17, 2010
Big_Mike wrote:
What is it about this section of highway that seemingly has injury accidents every week? I realize there are a lot of merges due to on/offramps, but it seems like any error results in a horrific crash.
It is because no one in Santa Cruz can drive a car with any competence.
Soquel Local

Salinas, CA

#7 Nov 17, 2010
Too bad we don't have a six lane highway so that these traffic jams weren't so catastrophic. Thank you Elerick, Posner and the rest of the fruit and granola crowd.
Le Thu

Canyon, CA

#10 Nov 20, 2010
Hello,
The man in the accident is my husband. He does not smoke and isn't an acoholic, and we not have texting service either. It was a seizure attack (report from the doctor after the accident).
Thank God that he is alive & safe and home now .
Sorry for the traffic jams. I'm sure no one liked it, but it happened. Please understand & give a prayer next time you see an accident... It helps & is good for your soul too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moss Landing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Take Back Santa Cruz counts 6,770 discarded nee... 10 hr homeless person 10
Review: First Security Services (May '14) 19 hr Thomas Rosario 7
Salinas residents evacuated after flood waters ... Dec 14 Gerea55 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Review: Libreria Cristiana Maranatha Dec 12 raul hernandez 1
Annieglass to open Santana Row shop, close down... Dec 7 ANON 2
Santa Cruz County homelessness partnership seek... Dec 5 John Colby 31

Beach Hazards Statement for Monterey County was issued at December 24 at 8:03AM PST

Moss Landing Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Moss Landing People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Moss Landing News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Moss Landing

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:53 pm PST