Calcagno, Mitchell battle for post

Calcagno, Mitchell battle for post

There are 17 comments on the Monterey County Herald story from May 24, 2010, titled Calcagno, Mitchell battle for post. In it, Monterey County Herald reports that:

Management style appears to be the key to the debate in the Monterey County District 2 Supervisor's race this year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Monterey County Herald.

Jan Shriner

Monterey, CA

#1 May 24, 2010
Ed Mitchell is the candidate of choice this time around for his stand on land use and water issues.

The time has come that business deals that involve our elected representatives and corporate delegates can no longer rely on verbal agreements, smiles, and handshakes.

Ed can personally evaluate contracts and comprehend the numbers and language of the written, binding, legal documents.

Please vote for Ed Mitchell 2010.
Papa

San Jose, CA

#2 May 24, 2010
ED's wife "Flow" used to work at Mels diner. She used to scream "kiss my crits". She was a funny gal...But back to our Real needs...Lou will bring solutions and not lawsuits, unlike Eddie/Flow & Landwatch...Sue happy hatters, it must stop.
gopher

Salinas, CA

#3 May 24, 2010
They both seem unsuited to be in public office. Is there someone else we can vote for?
Pues

United States

#4 May 24, 2010
Four terms for Calcagno is too much allready. Ed seems like an educated guy , retired military and engineer . why not give Mitchel a chance and let the other guy go back to milking cows and hanging with the good ol boys
local worker

Seaside, CA

#5 May 24, 2010
What a poor choice district 2 has, Monte Hall/ I mean lets make a deal Calgagno versus Landwatchs let stop building everything now. The last time a district had this same choice it was Seasides/MarinasMcClutchon vs Jane Parker and in an upset Parker was elected

Lets get Monterey County poltics back on the health of the county and off this General Plan Update that has gone on for 10 years, I am tired of everything always being decided behind the scene between the prodevelopment versus non development alliances.

Calgano has raised the right issue we need jobs in Monterey County and in the State of California lets hear a debate on that issue I already no their stances on growth versus non growth
anti-incumbent

Mill Valley, CA

#6 May 24, 2010
LOU IS THROUGH

give someone else a try, it cant get any worse than cal-crap-no

i love those signs at the red barn thought, saying "lou calcagnos district, welcome to hell"
Tony

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#7 May 24, 2010
Already voted for Mitchell, with the realization that nothing is really going to change until after California goes through Bankruptcy.

Calgano has had his time to do what he claims needs to be done.
Granite Ridge Participant

United States

#8 May 24, 2010
So that all of you who live in North County know, Lou Calcagno FAILED to make the distribution project happen. Weeks and months of talks, contract reworkings, and community meetings (if you want to call it that) amounted to nothing. He has had over 13 years to do something about the water, or lack thereof, and all he has done along with his so called visionary leadership, is add more straws to the emptying glass. He, along with all of his "backing" failed to secure funding when it was available. He failed to negotiate any workings with the local water purveyor to supply potable water to the areas within the North County area. He failed to inform the other Superviors of the contaminated water supply, while voting for more lots of record for future building. All but Supervisor Jane Parker, voted for the building to move forward. Good job Lou?
It is leadership like this that puts the welfare and future of those who live, or want to live in North County, at a disadvantage. It's because Lou Calcagno has no concern for the welfare of the existing, or future community, that he needs to be replaced by Ed Mitchell.
While Mr. Mitchell might not have all of the backing that Lou Calcagno touts he has, Lou Calcagno has seemed to forget that we all started at the begining at some point, and that getting a swollen ego does no of us any good. None of us.
Before we all cast our vote, we should really look hard at the current administrator that is asking for another term. Base your vote on what he has done for human habitat, not an already protected sanctuary such as the Elkhorn Slough. Remember, the wildlife can't speak up, BUT we all can.

My vote goes to Ed Mitchell. At least he has my best interest in mind, not his greedy, powerful, ego.
RobertW

United States

#9 May 24, 2010
I met Ed Mitchell back when he was not a candidate. Ed is as honest and caring about people as anyone I have ever met. He is not typical as a candidate since he is truly looking to do public service with his skills, not looking for what's in it for him as most all politicians.

Ed and his wife have brought true information to the people of North County as caring neighbors. Ed is not some radical "Environmentalist" or exclusively pro-business. He is a down to earth guy that has the skill and the caring to make lives better for all the people in North County and across Monterey County.

Lou Calcagno has been delivering favors to himself and special interests at the expense of the people of Monterey County for decades on the planning commission and the board of supervisors. Lou Calcagno did some of the dirtiest land scams in California when he got himself in as Chairman of the Coastal Commission. It is no wonder, he never speaks about that.

Enough is enough.

Ed is a decent human being that has top management skills and he cannot be bought by anyone. There is none better.

Ed Mitchell will make a difference in Monterey County that each of us will notice and appreciate.

We have two Democrats and two Republicans in our family and we are ALL extremely pleased to be voting for Ed Mitchell for Supervisor.

RW
NO Puppet Here

United States

#10 May 24, 2010
If you are comfortable with the current administrator that is running for office again, then get ready for another four years of "the Jeff Dunham Effect". We are all aware of how this works. You have a puppet sitting on a stool, with his masters hand shoved up his a@@, all the while the master is feeding you "lip service".

It's no different with Calcagno. It's just lip service. Sure, you can blame the puppet for what he says, but as the saying goes, "It's not what you say, it's what you do that is counted". Don't blame the puppet, he's very uncomfortable because he's got someone shoving ideas in his a@@, and it's making his lips say things he doesn't mean.
I don't about you, but I am tired of lip service. I would rather have someone like Ed Mitchell tell the truth, and represent me with some respect.
time4change

Mill Valley, CA

#11 May 24, 2010
ED MITCHELL has my vote

CALCAGNO, pack it up!! we the people are done with you.
Enough incumbents

United States

#12 May 24, 2010
Lou Calcagno must be voted out. This guy is a total relic has been in a position of power far too long. 12 years on the board? That takes him to 61 when he started there, 16 years on the planning commission (where all the back room deals are done)45 year old and he starts on the planning commission. Most seasoned sleazy politicians start there. Anna Caballero, Salinas Planning Commission, Dennis Donohue, Salinas Planning Commission. They go there to get even more in touch with the rich and greedy or are part of that crowd to begin with.

This not for public consumption land swap, secret deals, undercharging developer fees which later turn out to be service hog developments where county and city governments have to turn to the people for more tax hikes.

People like Lou do not work for the people, they work for a select group of people who want their piece of pie and yours too.

Yep, enjoy retirement Lou. Boy did you earn it.
BLUE DOG

Mill Valley, CA

#13 May 24, 2010
what wee need is an outsider, not another politcal insider only serving the few.

VOTE MITCHELL ON JUNE 8TH PEOPLE

lou calcagno has overstayed his welcome
Dont go into the barn

United States

#14 May 24, 2010
Time for Calcagno to retire, milk his cows, and on his days off, visit the red barn. Bring your lunch Lou, traffic might be snarled getting in.
Ed Mitchell would have fixed the issue years ago.
HAHA

Mill Valley, CA

#15 May 24, 2010
lol @ milk cows. is that why he painted his election truck to look like a cow?
pues

United States

#16 May 24, 2010
Calcagno doesn't care about the water in prunedale after all I read that his water wells are producing millions of gallons.
Carol

AOL

#17 Jun 17, 2010
If Ed and Jan need more information for their letters to the editor - I have a corral full of it. According to Montery County Weekly Ed has been shoveling it for a third of his life. Doesn't surprise me - he is still doing it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moss Landing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Landscape Construction Supervisor Jul 22 John David 1
My phone was stolen in Watsonville Jul 15 Anonymous 1
New V P Can't Wait to be President Jul 15 mugnutz 1
News Watsonville takes measures to protect public an... Jul 14 Simple blue 1
Review: First Security Services (May '14) Jul 10 tina me 29
News PVUSD ranks 15 among state's 97 districts that ... (Feb '08) Jul 5 minion 18
I still Love you Jul 4 Citizen 1

Moss Landing Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Moss Landing Mortgages