Surrogate-reared sea otters released by the Monterey Bay Aquarium g...

California's endangered sea otter population is showing signs of hope, as two adult female reared by surrogate mothers at the Monterey Bay Aquarium recently gave birth to their second pups in the wild. Full Story
Publican

San Francisco, CA

#1 May 7, 2010
Anchor babies!
dON

Hayward, CA

#2 May 7, 2010
What part of you're polluting the Bay do our Water Leaders not get?

This news is from the Sanctuary.

Plus this is a waste of fresh water that we pollute the Bay with.(is with a preposition?)

We can use the water plus it would improve marine life in the Bay if we stopped treating the land like a gutter and running everything directly to the Bay.

Gotta love that first flush!

Current Otter research is very pointed: ongoing study compares otter mortality in pristine waters of Big Sur vs. same in Monterey Bay's polluted water (their words).

If you allow desal to proceed, you take all the money necessary to cure this pollution.

Meanwhile we could convert this waste stream to useful purpose(s).

Bacteria work for free and there are very sophisticated, patented systems to treat this water while it regenerates the aquifer.

Google Naturally Wallace, you'll see what's patented and in place in other localities for just this purpose.

Check out and understand the benefits of NOT polluting the Bay (is what the Otters would say).
Eric Jay Dolin

Glendale, AZ

#3 May 8, 2010
Given the mention of the fur trade and sea otters in your article, I wanted to let you know about my upcoming book, FUR, FORTUNE, AND EMPIRE: THE EPIC HISTORY OF THE FUR TRADE IN AMERICA (W. W. Norton, July 2010).The book has an entire chapter on the sea otter trade. A video that gives an overview of the book can be found on YouTube at,

You can also find out more about the book at my website: www.ericjaydolin.com . ;

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moss Landing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 4 hr Bucketeers 7,967
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 9 hr do it here 16,011
Investors to build condos on empty lot in downt... Tue remembering 4
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mon El SupremoS 201,038
Review: First Security Services Mon ShelleyCampbell 5
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sep 28 No Time for Tea 5,084
Earn $400 - $700 Every Month with Your Sailboat... Sep 28 Dutch2014 1
Moss Landing Dating
Find my Match

Moss Landing Jobs

Moss Landing People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Moss Landing News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Moss Landing

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]